Autopsy Rd 19 Blues lose by .... a lot

Remove this Banner Ad

Brilliant observation. Maybe rogers turned the page upside down on draft night.

One of the most intelligent posts of the year, to notice rogers was crossing off names at the bottom of his list that the rest of the league was picking in the early rounds

Don't forget the selections he made of players he didn't interview - like Mitch Robinson for instance.

:p

Do you have info on said presentation? I'd Gove anything to be a fly on the wall.

Sadly no.

Apparently it was a "no holds barred" appraisal.

In short it was along the lines of "how did you let a crap list that won the wooden spoon fill your salary cap to the maximum??? You have some seriously overpaid players who are in for a rude shock when they're negotiating their next contract with me"

Zac Tuohy hello - are you there Zac????????

Finally watched the game - we lost that at the selection table... we have injuries but the team was so unbalanced.

Marc Murphy was really good defensively I thought, helped Gibbs to beat the tag whenever he could, huge pressure acts and really tried to carry a midfield on his own. Did as much as his body let him. Hats off.

Loved SPS and Charlie, Harry Mckay looks great with the opportunities too.

Simon White was horrendous. Didn't read the play well, Dropped uncontested marks and was in no mans land too often.

Marchbank looked weak, shoulder perhaps underdone a little.

Weits I thought was injured but perhaps not, his GPS numbers suggest he's playing a role he's perhaps not used to and is a little lost. Lot of running for little reward.

No idea why Cunners couldn't get near it.

No idea why we overcommit to packs and rarely have people anticipating the ball spilling out the front or back. Our crumbing is awful.

Noticed a lot of poor disposal was literally because we had no one to kick too - goes back to some strange selections

When Kreuzer went down Casboults influence up forward was gone. Cas was having a good day, unfortunately for him he had to run around in the ruck with Charlie. Hope the tractor is okay.

Comment on Danger - yeah hes an absolute gun but watching him closely I like him less and less. The way he smothers is ridiculously dangerous, throws his shoulders into peoples knees that kind of thing. Gun but I dislike the way he plays in the contest.

Well at 500k (richmonds reputed offer) we should and could match. I dont believe that let him walk for 500k would be smart list management. We couldnt replace him with anything better for that figure. BB acknowledged that he has been working hard on his game. What more do we want?

$500kpa but for how long??

Tigers offering 4 years.

I think SOS would be hoping he would be superseded after 2 years.

Lol my Geelong mate is defending danger saying he shouldn't get a week "if you read the rules"

* me I'm sick of Geelong protection. So entitled as it's happened for so long.

Eat a dick you show pony.

Finally watched the game - we lost that at the selection table... we have injuries but the team was so unbalanced

You can't take that position after a ten goal loss unfortunately. It's more a 2-3 goal excuse.

The players we've got currently in our VFL team were never going to do much more than the VFL-standard players we've got in our senior team.

$500kpa but for how long??

Tigers offering 4 years.

I think SOS would be hoping he would be superseded after 2 years.
This is correct & the reason why he should not be offered more than 2 years. H has shown enough in his first 2 games to indicate that in another couple of years he should be ready to be our #1 KPF.

By the start of the 2020 season, H, CC & JSOS should all have played at least 50 games. A forward line containing these 3 kids with another couple of pre-seasons under their belts really excites me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back