Preview Rd 19 - Carlton V Adelaide - Saturday 27th July 2:10pm - MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Adelaides midfield we'd really want Crippa & Kreuzer to be fit and firing, Crouch Bro's & Sloane are a very good midfield unit. I haven't seen much of Reily O'Brien, So not sure how he's been playing. but Casboult can hold his own against their 2nd ruck in Jenkins... Need to win the centre clearance game we couldn't today to even have a chance.
O'Brien has probably been their best player this year. Had 27 disposals and 39 hit outs on Friday night, which doesn't bode well for an injured Kreuzer.

Annoying that Kreuze and Crippa are carrying injuries for such an important game.

Edit: I forgot about Keath, he's probably been their best player.

I think Lang is better forward than Deluca, if that is the role we insist on playing these guys in. Can't see Deluca breaking into our midfield rotations this late into the season, he will be back in the mix after strong AFL pre-season.

If one of Cuningham or McGovern available, it is an easy swap for Deluca.

The second omission is difficult, because Casboult, McKay, Fisher, Gibbons and Silvagni are playing good football. Lang is obviously first drop from this list, but after getting recognition from coach, can't see him being omitted.

Don't think we meddle with any other area of the ground. O'Brien and Setterfield are playing the wings fairly well. SPS is brilliant off half-back.
To me we know Lang is well behind Cuningham and Dow (not to mention Fisher Gibbons and Silvagni) we don't know exactly where De Luca sits, we learn more playing De Luca.

Also in 4 games this year Lang has averaged 9 possessions, 3 tackles and kicked 2.4, I can't see how you can say Lang is a bette forward than anyone.

With Adelaides midfield we'd really want Crippa & Kreuzer to be fit and firing, Crouch Bro's & Sloane are a very good midfield unit. I haven't seen much of Reily O'Brien, So not sure how he's been playing. but Casboult can hold his own against their 2nd ruck in Jenkins... Need to win the centre clearance game we couldn't today to even have a chance.
Ed, Jack and Setterfield will be as important as Kreuzer and Cripps, we need big bodies to go against their big bodies and Ed to take Sloane out of the game.

Yep. It's actually amazing how often he kicks it out on the full, even when under little pressure.

Even a guy like Lewis Jetta kicked 19 points before slotting a goal (66% DE in his first 40 games, Lochie 70% in 30 games) Takes time to adjust to the pace

(Log in to remove this ad.)

De Luca first game back at the level and only been back in the system for a bit over a month while Lang has been disappointing in pretty much ever game he has played for the blues and is in his 7th year in the system- expectations are different.

Lang had a good game by anyone's standards and expectations.

Teague specifically mentioned him in his presser as having a good game and doing his role really well.
You don't drop a bloke after that.

First post and won’t win any awards ...............

Grew up watching Blues from in front of the AVCO Press Box.

Grandfather was a J James fan.

Father Big Nick fan. He hates Richmond.

Me? Peter Dean & Tom Alvin. And I’d go without food if it could cause EFC some harm (I have an irrational sense of spite toward them!).

Occasionally posted on The Blue View years back.

I’ve always followed this site, but never posted.

I reckon we’re getting close to turning the corner. I have not felt this engaged for 20+ years.

I’m on board.

My first post and prediction is that a win against Crows & Saints means 80,000+ membership 2020! Tough gig I know; - but we got where we are now after showing nothing. We’re turning the corner! This is more than 4 points or draft order.

Was Jack injured today?

Me? Peter Dean & Tom Alvin. And I’d go without food if it could cause EFC some harm (I have an irrational sense of spite toward them!).

I reckon we’re getting close to turning the corner. I have not felt this engaged for 20+ years.

I’m on board.

My first post and prediction is that a win against Crows & Saints means 80,000+ membership 2020! Tough gig I know; - but we got where we are now after showing nothing. We’re turning the corner! This is more than 4 points or draft order.

Was Jack injured today?

Welcome to the madhouse V.

I’m on board.

Was Jack injured today?

bca88fea19a4031acbcd17a252d75293.png

To me we know Lang is well behind Cuningham and Dow (not to mention Fisher Gibbons and Silvagni) we don't know exactly where De Luca sits, we learn more playing De Luca.

Also in 4 games this year Lang has averaged 9 possessions, 3 tackles and kicked 2.4, I can't see how you can say Lang is a bette forward than anyone.

I'm more interested in the step-wise progression Lang is making, and that he currently adds more to the senior team than Deluca.

We are playing an absolutely crucial game next week, must get our fittest and best players out there in their most effective positions.

In order of importance to our team:

1. Fit McGovern
2. Cuningham
3. Lang (forward version)
4. Dow (forward version)
5. Deluca (forward version)

Will find out on Tuesday re availabilities.

Dow (maybe) and Cunners (hopefully) in.
Lang won’t be dropped - no way. There were a few sore bodies today - someone will miss - as much as we hope otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back