Preview Rd 19 - Carlton V Adelaide - Saturday 27th July 2:10pm - MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a comparison of Teagues game style to the Tigers,not so much their run and gun handball style but about players playing their roles and having an even contribution across the board.

Having been at the ground yesterday, it was apparent that there's still a stark misunderstanding of structures, presuming we have them.
Too many kicks to disadvantage or 2 on 1's and we still haven't developed a working system of exiting the back half.
McKay had a good game overall, but also positioned himself incorrectly a few times, awaiting the easy kick when he should have been impacting the contest.

It's almost as though most players weren't at full intensity and it's an attitude we won't want to take into this game.
Losing clearances against the bottom team didn't help and that may have contributed somewhat for what looked to be a bit of aa lazy game.

* Just on the point of Teague and nothing to do with this game, but I found it interesting that he emphasised open training sessions some weeks back.
Seemed to be a slight swipe at Bolton and his want to exercise his right to have his sessions mostly closed.

Having been at the ground yesterday, it was apparent that there's still a stark misunderstanding of structures, presuming we have them.
Too many kicks to disadvantage or 2 on 1's and we still haven't developed a working system of exiting the back half.
McKay had a good game overall, but also positioned himself incorrectly a few times, awaiting the easy kick when he should have been impacting the contest.

It's almost as though most players weren't at full intensity and it's an attitude we won't want to take into this game.
Losing clearances against the bottom team didn't help and that may have contributed somewhat for what looked to be a bit of aa lazy game.
Sometimes it’s hard to get up for a game like that,it becomes a mental challenge.

I think the intensity was good early, we came to play. Definitely looked tired in the second half, but we were carrying Cripps and Kreuzer and got 7 goals up.

We definitely need a good recovery this week though, to be ready for the Crows.

I'm hoping Cuningham, Dow and Stocker come in for Lang, Deluca and O'Brien. The 3 out have been ok but we must win and need out best team out there. Also hoping Curnow is fit but I doubt it.
Cunno...yes
Lang looked ok,
C.Curnow any day of the week
Dow has been flat for a while......heavy to carry,maybe Vfl for a bit[rest him a bit]
Kreuz and Cripps both has worst games of season by a mile an we still won......

Will need best 22 for crows.....if they play ordinary football,we can take them,and thats quite likely.

It will be another interesting week with the ins and outs. Lang has steadily improved over the last 3 weeks may be stiff to get omitted......Delucas first game wasn't too crash hot but do you drop him after 1 game?

DeLuca played a role yesterday.

Go check Murphy’s goal in slo-mo.

DeLuca circled the pack dragging his opponent BEHIND him.

Then beelined Murph’s opponent and completely barrelled him out of the contest.

Murph goals and gets all the glory - wouldn’t have happened without AD’s play.

Didn’t scorch the stats sheet - but will be interesting to see if he gets another go next week.

Jack and Matt Crouch is a contest I'm hoping for.

This game would have been in the players minds once they were up by a bit yesterday. Credit to all for grinding out the win.

If Kreuzer is sore then O'brien may give the Crows too much of an edge in the middle. He's got Kreuzer covered for athleticism unfortunately. (after all these years I still question my spelling of Kreuzer, reckon I'm not alone!) :-D

Aside from this, we match up really well.

First post and won’t win any awards ...............

Grew up watching Blues from in front of the AVCO Press Box.

Grandfather was a J James fan.

Father Big Nick fan. He hates Richmond.

Me? Peter Dean & Tom Alvin. And I’d go without food if it could cause EFC some harm (I have an irrational sense of spite toward them!).

Occasionally posted on The Blue View years back.

I’ve always followed this site, but never posted.

I reckon we’re getting close to turning the corner. I have not felt this engaged for 20+ years.

I’m on board.

My first post and prediction is that a win against Crows & Saints means 80,000+ membership 2020! Tough gig I know; - but we got where we are now after showing nothing. We’re turning the corner! This is more than 4 points or draft order.

Was Jack injured today?

Welcome Vizsla and enjoy the ride!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see a comparison of Teagues game style to the Tigers,not so much their run and gun handball style but about players playing their roles and having an even contribution across the board.

Agree, it’s like the game plan has moved to players strengths and not trying to show horn them into a system. But I think that the l 17 tigs play was all based on confidence. All those tap ons and keeping the ball in come to mind. They knew they could get it forward and they all played like it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

First post and won’t win any awards ...............

Grew up watching Blues from in front of the AVCO Press Box.

Grandfather was a J James fan.

Father Big Nick fan. He hates Richmond.

Me? Peter Dean & Tom Alvin. And I’d go without food if it could cause EFC some harm (I have an irrational sense of spite toward them!).

Occasionally posted on The Blue View years back.

I’ve always followed this site, but never posted.

I reckon we’re getting close to turning the corner. I have not felt this engaged for 20+ years.

I’m on board.

My first post and prediction is that a win against Crows & Saints means 80,000+ membership 2020! Tough gig I know; - but we got where we are now after showing nothing. We’re turning the corner! This is more than 4 points or draft order.

Was Jack injured today?
DEAN35 My favourite player of all time Tough as nails the bloke would walk over broken glass... Welcome👍

Smith gives them so much run and kicking penetration off halfback, he really needs to be restricted ...
I'd like to see O'Brien get first crack at Seedsman certainly has the pace and endurance to go with him...

From what I've seen, Pyke has been trying to use Smith more in the midfield in recent weeks to inject pace.

Maybe a job for JSOS. I know he has him covered for pace, but if he can lay body contact around the contest and prevent him from receiving in a chain of possessions, it could be a big win for us.

From what I've seen, Pyke has been trying to use Smith more in the midfield in recent weeks to inject pace.

Maybe a job for JSOS. I know he has him covered for pace, but if he can lay body contact around the contest and prevent him from receiving in a chain of possessions, it could be a big win for us.
Maybe... sometimes it's all about the speed around the spread from stoppages that gives sides the advantage, we'll need to be thoughtful with our planning and matchups...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back