Autopsy Rd 19 Coachkilling Blues smashed by last placed Roos

Who played well for the Blues in Round 19 vs the Roos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Teague 101: under pressure, bring in Curnow and all the news about Curnow....
25197caa764978f3741fcbd15f6deeef.gif

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

If it was half way through the season, it would happen on Monday. With 4 games to go, I guess it might be the end of the season. He won't be the only one though.

Yep, 4 games to go and the review well under way, he’ll see the season out.
Have to think Lloyd will join him and Barker as casualties.
The unholy alliance in tatters …

We picked him up from West Coast. He was an elite runner that was sh*t at football. Was great at pre season.

It's bad enough we had a s**t game of football, now you lot are talking down the value of the 1996 Draft Signature card I've been sitting on for a quarter of a century waiting for it to appreciate :mad:

20210724_213936.jpg

To be honest, Ratten, I felt was hard done by. But, I wanted them to sack Malthouse. I wanted them to sack Bolton and I now want them to sack Teague. Those three just plain suck.

Teague lost me today. Sorry, but when you see that they're killing us with d50 to f50 transition and call it out at half time, then proceed to make zero changes and it gets even worse in the third quarter against the bottom mob - sorry, he's done.

I posted earlier, Kennedy just wouldn't have a bar of him in the rooms post match. Looked away from his coach and shook his head. Players that believe in their coach would never do that.

Season killed, Ed Curnow let down and we have captain Cripps having a laugh with TDK... not good enough. Meanwhile, Sam Walsh has a look on his face like someone close to him just died.

Coach needs to drive the motivation and how important winning is, not a 21 year old kid.

It wasn't Teague who was in front of him, it was Power.

Hey, in fairness I was advocating to give him the opportunity to show a desire to go out with four good games.

He showed fu** all desire today. Half of footy, not even a single tackle, a few opportunities to shownl some intent and elected not to. Came on with fresh legs and should have been able to get plenty of ball on the outside, but only had one mark.

He'll play now, because the club won't want the bad press that comes with dropping a player like Murph and denying him a milestone. Dropping him would be the right thing to do. I'd do it this week actually. Send the message that today's effort wasn't good enough, he gets one week to show something in the reserves and earn his spot back, and then he needs to pull his finger out for two more games before he earns his 300th. If he sulks and spits the dummy at being dropped, he can stay out.

This is what I was trying to say BB. You know it too, you also mentioned he was playing to not get injured earlier in the year and we got more of the same today.

He had his chance to show desire when the season started. From game 1 this year he had his opportunity. Now you think he's going to show something with a few games left? After his piss poor attitude when he was made sub earlier in the year?

I've got no doubt he'll be coasted to 300 now. We can't play finals, club needs the positive press (as you said) and Teague has nothing to lose because his job is gone anyway.

Yep, 4 games to go and the review well under way, he’ll see the season out.
Have to think Lloyd will join him and Barker as casualties.
The unholy alliance in tatters …

Ah the unholy alliance, haven't seen this for a while since winning 3 if the last 4 prior to this week

Newnes this week must have disappointed you

It's bad enough we had a sh*t game of football, now you lot are talking down the value of the 1996 Draft Signature card I've been sitting on for a quarter of a century waiting for it to appreciate :mad:

View attachment 1185932

Elite, would have been way better with him in a Carlton guernsey running around the 50 for Super Goal though.

This is what I was trying to say BB. You know it too, you also mentioned he was playing to not get injured earlier in the year and we got more of the same today.

He had his chance to show desire when the season started. From game 1 this year he had his opportunity. Now you think he's going to show something with a few games left? After his piss poor attitude when he was made sub earlier in the year?

I've got no doubt he'll be coasted to 300 now. We can't play finals, club needs the positive press (as you said) and Teague has nothing to lose because his job is gone anyway.
Got to sell those Murphy 300 t shirts they've already produced

Gotta be said, that was one of weiterings worst games in a long time. He was putrid and was banished fwd because of it.

The lack of pressure up the ground did not help him.
Even the best defenders need at least some help to defend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only team to not beat a top 8 team. Essendon weren’t in the 8 when we beat them early in the season.

Why doea position at the time matter more than final ladder position?

Yeah, I know what he'd been dishing up. I was just, maybe unreasonably, willing to think that this close to the end he might be prepared to dig deep.

And you know what, it's possible he would if he was challenged. I dunno if he's being challenged though, or if he knows that he doesn't need to do any more than float around the edges and not get hurt.

Is the problem just Murphy, or are our leaders willing to accept it and therefore condoning it.

The lack of pressure up the ground did not help him.
Even the best defenders need at least some help to defend.
Of course but his defensive placement was shithouse, gave them too much room. If they are bringing it in easy you have to be right on your man. He dropped easy marks at times, kicking was shithoise. Overall was a really game from him.

Gotta be said, that was one of weiterings worst games in a long time. He was putrid and was banished fwd because of it.

He was poor no doubt. But let's not forget that they were entering f50 willy nilly, no pressure. And the reason there was no pressure was because they've been directed to press too high up the ground when we have possession. They run forward like mad and then have to haul arse back to chase whenever our backline players can't take an intercept mark.

He was bad and had a really unusual game for him - his focus was definitely off, but going forward was more about us struggling without a tall target up forward.

In hindsight we should started with at least one of Weitering or Jones in the forward 50. We are bad enough at adapting on the fly as it is, we were always going to continue to bomb it long.

Might be cutting too hard a swathe there. Still hope for Betts, Cottrell, Williamson, Gibbons, Setterfield, Levi and Ed, but most of them need to be accept they'd be in backup roles. Murphy and Newman I'd like to see maybe move into a development coaching roles for us.

McDonald? We hardly have a surplus of respectable talls, harsh on him Geth

Jones wasn’t much better

We severely lacked fwd structure today, that and our mids failed to apply any pressure to the ball carrier

We couldn’t play slow because we had no bailout kick.

If the bullet pass into the f50 didn’t end up on a chest of ours, it hit the deck and they just slingshot straight out of our forward line….after that our press was way way too high and they just sliced us

just like all 17 other clubs have done for 5 years……we have learned nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just wish the club would communicate with the Members and Supporters ?!

Every time we win - its all highlights and I get BOMBARDED with emails for all my memberships (kids, wife, dogs etc) to buy sht from the club - BUY!BUY!BUY! With highlights from the game.

As soon as we lose its all SPIN! SPIN! SPIN! - Check out the new club rooms, check out this goal from a new kid we wont play, check out this guys birthday, check out these three guys chatting in a room having a laugh!!!

Where is the serious communication, where is the transparency ?

This club has transformed into a catatonic failure - consistently - yet they can not bring themselves to admit - that the management at board level has consistently failed.

The entire board needs to go.
That 81% disposal efficiency figure is a shocking indictment on our lack of pressure after 1/2 time

There are plenty of examples all season where he could impact or at least try and chase after having not even gone to ground in a contest at all but just stops or gives a token half hearted chase (he ain’t on his own admittedly) but he is the captain and should lead better in these areas.

He chose to not lead today when forward and tried to outmuscle or wrestle his opponent continuously and then didn’t apply any pressure on the way out.

The ball trampolines out of F50 all today because of efforts like this from him, SPS, Betts etc.
All fair but we disagree -- I still believe our game plan should be around his strengths not trying to change him trying to make him a marque player he isn't - he is a hard inside mid that is bigger than the rest and can go arc to arc all day .. until we find a way to work with his assets we will struggle through the middle .. also his game is useless unless you have some dominance or cohesion with the ruck ..

I agree with a lot of what you said about getting rid of the Pratts etc however......

The players need to start being accountable. It's obvious within they aren't.

Forget rebuilds etc, there needs to be inner belief. I don't know if Carlton as a club can build this. It will need to come from scratch.

The only way I can see it happening is from getting a coach who the players and board buy into. Good luck with that.
God I love Carlton supporters...

We have a bad season because of injuries... sack the coach!
Our list sucks... sack the coach!
The board is sh*te... sack the coach.

Our president fu**s the club over big time and we're still getting over it a generation after our last premiership... sack the coach... ohh that's right, he did... he sacked the coach and got in a "premiership" coach... how did that go... what about in 2012... sacked the coach because one of our big money benefactors had lined up Malthouse, another "premiership" coach, through his connections on the board.

I reckon if you lot were around when we lost to St Kilda and Shitney in 1995, you would have been screaming "Sack Parkin" from the rooftops.

Ok... what happens if we get in a new coach and in 2-3 years time, we still haven't won a ******* premiership... are you all going to be shouting "sack the coach" again... because that seems to be the Carlton way. If you think that a new coach is going to come in and things will instantly get better, you are out of your minds. There are more cliques in Carlton than at a flamenco dancing contest.

If we want to improve the culture then the likes of the Pratts, the Elliotts, and the Mathiesons all need to be told to fu** off. We need a bunch of successful independent businessmen to sit on the board with no ties to the big money "benefactors" who have been treating the club like their private toy box for the last 50 years.

On SM-T865 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah, I know what he'd been dishing up. I was just, maybe unreasonably, willing to think that this close to the end he might be prepared to dig deep.

And you know what, it's possible he would if he was challenged. I dunno if he's being challenged though, or if he knows that he doesn't need to do any more than float around the edges and not get hurt.

Is the problem just Murphy, or are our leaders willing to accept it and therefore condoning it.

I'd say it's a bit of both. Our club should've already put the challenge to him. They put him forward this year... he is not a forward. Sure he can rest there but he is not a forward. So that was the challenge already.

He didn't step up, nor should he have been expected to, it's not his natural position and he's 34 years old... hardly the age to take up a new position. But when he didn't, he was allowed to coast through for a bit until Teague started feeling the heat. And when he was put as a sub, is that not a challenge? His attitude was unacceptable for a bit, then he got back in. But coming back from injury today it's been more of the same, doesn't want another injury and knows they'll coast him through so why should he?

Yes I've heard the commentary about him being no good one on one -- we isolated him with Hawkins with good structure how did Hawkins go.. today he lowered his colours by now giving his opponent respect ..good learning for him

Back