Autopsy Rd 19 Coachkilling Blues smashed by last placed Roos

Who played well for the Blues in Round 19 vs the Roos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He knows he's gone now. There's really no point to anything he does.

Mathematically can still make finals but in reality, there's sfa chance we win the next 4 games in a row whilst other results also fall our way. Especially when we've barely managed to win 2 in a row all season and have a game plan that relies on individual brilliance with half the squad out injured...

we'll play our way :'(

Turning point in the game IMO, was the non HTB/incorrect disposal call about 4 mins into the 3rd on Thomas.
They had just kicked a goal to open up the quarter. SPS should have had the free kick on the wing and delivering the ball inside our F50 for a possible reply.
Instead, it's called play on, North go forward, Goldy gets a softish free in front of goal (not saying it wasn't a free, it was), goals and they go on to have one way traffic for the whole quarter kicking the next 5 after that (7 in a row).

I'll never understand why we didn't play Kemp in this game.
Owies gets' 'managed', but made an emergency, then brought straight back into the side when we lose one of only 4 talls we had in the team.
Kemp could have played as an intercepting defender, which would have possibly freed Jones up to play forward. This would have allowed Cripps and Kennedy to spend more time in the middle and put less of hard work on Walsh and Dow's shoulders.
Or Kemp can play in the middle, allowing Cripps/Kennedy to focus more on playing fwd.
Or Kemp can play fwd, allowing Cripps/Kennedy more midfield time.

His inclusion just made so much more sense structurally and allowed so much more flexibility around the ground.

Turning point in the game IMO, was the non HTB/incorrect disposal call about 4 mins into the 3rd on Thomas.
They had just kicked a goal to open up the quarter. SPS should have had the free kick on the wing and delivering the ball inside our F50 for a possible reply.
Instead, it's called play on, North go forward, Goldy gets a softish free in front of goal (not saying it wasn't a free, it was), goals and they go on to have one way traffic for the whole quarter kicking the next 5 after that (7 in a row).

Owies gets' 'managed', but made an emergency, then brought straight back into the side when we lose one of only 4 talls we had in the team.
Kemp could have played as an intercepting defender, which would have possibly freed Jones up to play forward. This would have allowed Cripps and Kennedy to spend more time in the middle and put less of hard work on Walsh and Dow's shoulders.
Or Kemp can play in the middle, allowing Cripps/Kennedy to focus more on playing fwd.

His inclusion just made so much more sense structurally and allowed so much more flexibility around the ground.

SPS got bowled over like a bowling pin. He's too weak to stick the tackle.

Kemp not being selected - you get people saying he's not ready... but then you ask them why when he's named as an emergency and they say - "don't pay attention to who's named emergency" LOL what a cop out response. I guess it's the only one they've got for that... I would've thought he'd be the obvious replacement.

Selection has been baffling many times this year. Player positions - baffling for some players. Game plan - baffling.

But the biggest issue is the arrogance/stubbornness to persist...

He stuck the tackle, it was a blatant free that wasn't paid.
And then to top it off they got one of those ruck block frees that make no sense straight after to guarantee the goal. Kicked 6 unanswered after that

It’s funny no one seems to remember that saad was promised forward time, hence one big reason he left bombers.
I too would get pissed playing same bloody roll, in a shitier team ( not club)
... you play where you get picked to play.

Why would we promise him anything? We're paying him what, 700 thousand dollars a year? Saad might've expressed an interest in playing midfield, but we don't owe him squat when it comes to selection.

Think of this another way: Murphy wants to play 300 games, and has an expectation that he be allowed to do so. You going to nurse him there?

He stuck the tackle, it was a blatant free that wasn't paid.

The point wasn't about whether the free should've been paid (fwiw, I think it should've for incorrect disposal)

The point was he isn't strong enough to stick those tackles... properly I mean, not lying on the ground with a handful of jumper after being knocked over. I mean Thomas isn't really a big man.

The commitment to tackle has been lacking for a long time... not just with SPS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SPS tackles cunners one on one twice in quick succession, the second resulting in a holding the ball.

Not many people can pin Cunners.

Yeah but got bowled over by Thomas...

Where is the consistency? The strength in tackle also comes from mental application as well. The commitment has to be there and I don't think it is with many in this team.

Yeah but got bowled over by Thomas...

Where is the consistency? The strength in tackle also comes from mental application as well. The commitment has to be there and I don't think it is with many in this team.

Fair point. I watched it again last night and it looked like SPS made it personal with cunners hence had the will to hold on

Incorrect decisions literally happen to every team, in every single game... If that is going to be a 'turning point' from which we can't recover, it tells us all we need to know about our mental fortitude.

All I'm seeing is more excuses ...

I definately felt like norf were given a lot of time to dispose of the ball in the tackle... but we were so crap it doesn't matter haha

I lost count of the number of times Jones just completely lost track of the high entry and wasn't anywhere near effecting a spoil - it's like he needs to be coming in over the top
Him coming off Thomas to come over the top and not impacting the contest resulted in a goal to Thomas in the 2nd. Was a poor day for him and Weiters. How often does Weiters drop an uncontested mark. The subsequent handball straight up in the are cost a goal.

We seemed to lose it in the second half when we lost Williams ,who was probably our best in the first half, combined with Eddie barely being able to run.

We had a lot of shallow entries that we turned over. Wonder how much not having H changed how North were able to attack out of defence because they didn't have to have a second player covering his space.

Back