Autopsy Rd 19 Coachkilling Blues smashed by last placed Roos

Who played well for the Blues in Round 19 vs the Roos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 2, 2009
Penguin
AFL Club
Carlton
Frustrating to watch.You forget he’s out there at times.

I can cop the club bringing in Saad and Williams on inflated contracts, but we’ve so far paid this pretender 1.6 mil for some of the most pedestrian football you will see.

Today in the absence of McKay he needed to stand up and kick 3 or 4, and he went missing once again.

I think the club has to start genuinely thinking about whether we want these type of contracts on our books at this stage of our development. We are clearly not even close to a finals caliber team.

He’s our version of Chad Wingard.
His contract at that size only goes for two years. My guess is it’s close to 450k from here.

Mondyboy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
In the offseason we need to spend money on a gun sports psychologist and a goal kicking coach. Sports psychologist should help our boys learn to crack in when the going gets tough and not look around for others to pick up the slack and a goal kicking coach to help us execute the basic fundamentals of the game.

The soft cap limits who can we bring into the club.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nov 14, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Have you actually had a look at our list? A couple of years ago we had a plethora of talls... then at the end of last year, Austin in all his genius delists 3 talls... and then as a PSSS, picks up MacDonald as an aside because we might need another tall. Going into the MSD, he hides Mirkov away... WTF... Mirkov if a project ruck who will be ready in 2-3 years. Anyone thinking of taking him in the MSD would have known that and would have looked elsewhere. Instead of looking at our list and seeing that we were short a tall defender, a tall forward and a forward/ruckman... he goes into the MSD with 3 ******* picks and picks a project player and a ******* small defender and doesn't use the third pick.

Well fu** a duck, we needed those ******* talls today. Teague can only coach and play the players available to him, and losing McKay as late as we did threw a spanner into the works. But yeah... blame Teague.

As an aside, there is the rumour that MacDonald was on painkilling injections all preseason and into the start of the season proper, all being administered offsite. But hey... the good news out of that is that Austin at least didn't pick up Callum Moore again.
Teague was not qualified to be appointed as head coach. The Board was too lazy to go out and find the best-qualified candidate, so appointed Teague. Now they
are hanging on desperately hoping Clarkson will come to the club. Why would any worthy assistants come to the club next year if Teague is in charge, knowing they may not have a job after 12 months??? The Board has stuffed this up. Player development is non-existent. Meanwhile two big $$ recruits sit on the side line injured....again and again.

bigm386

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Is that with or with out these blokes in the side?

Charlie
Harry
Gov
Cunners
Marchbank
Doc
Pittonet
Williams (we went to water after he went off)

This is honestly the most rose coloured glasses post I've seen.

Charlie and Doc are coming off serious long term injuries and we just don't know.

Gov has been D grade and that is generous since joining Carlton. The only thing he has excelled at is presenting himself out of shape.

Marchbank should be delisted. Talented sure but cannot stay fit and his body seems unable to handle the game. Can't carry a player in rehab for years in hope.

Pittonet struggles to jump off the ground even when fit. Is a backup at best.

Cunners I have faith in but is a tease.

I honestly think you are trolling re Williams.

McKay fair enough though.

The Dog

All Australian
Aug 21, 2012
Carlton North
AFL Club
Carlton
He'll play the remaining 3 games to get to 300, no matter his form. You know it. We all know it.
Unfortunately this is how people will remember him, getting literally carried to 300 as a sub. It shouldn’t be that way but it is.

I was on the ‘just get him to 300’ train before today, but now could not give a *.
Would have to be close to our poorest game of the year. Not many positives in this one.

Nice grab from TDK and a great goal from Ed in his 200th.
To me this is our worst loss of the last five years. 5-6 years into a rebuild, loading up on $$$ recruits and we get belted by 18th. This is rock bottom. I’m gutted.

It would be a Mark Taylor style gesture and choose not to reach the milestone under false pretences.

Jezza never played 300, Dominator didn't, Judd didn't. Diesel didn't. So many legends don't make it to 300. When only about 6 players have done it previously at Carlton and none were carried to the line, it's just not necessary.

It is a Mick Martin style gesture to continue.

Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't think you can nor should be taking anything about players away from that performance. When even 3 or 4 players don't care and don't put in it makes the rest looks so much worse.

Injuries, structure whatever excuse you have it's not enough for that result.

StaggerLee

Premium Platinum
Aug 16, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Also, no one will blame Austin and the list management team for not picking up some spare talls (apart from the now injured Mirkov... who is a project player at best) at the MSD. It's all Teague's fault the plebs will shout... and in a way... it is. He should have been crawling up Austin's arse to get at least a tall forward and a tall defender at the MSD.
Any come to mind?

Blues2013

Debutant
Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Thank you Murph for your service but it’s time for this club to show they will not reward games, I don’t care who you are.
I know he was a big part of this club for many years but same way my employer would hand me my ass if my performance deteriorated so bad over my 15 years of service - it’s also time for Murph to eff off with his pathetic efforts.

JSOS - always gives 100%

Not much else to say apart from sadly, cya Teague

blue healer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 25, 2010
wagga wagga
AFL Club
Carlton
How many talls do we have over 193cm who are fit?

Cripps, Weitering, Jones, JSOS, and TDK?

A tall mid, 2 tall defenders, a tall utility player, and a ruckman.

It's easy to say "It's all Teagues fault"... but jesus christ... you can only put the players available on the field to play. What a ******* utensil up by our list management team. We don't even have the two MSD recruits we drafted available to us because they are both ******* injured.

Even he and/or his Dad couldn't have coached this mob today.

Pentatonic Flat Fifth

All Australian
Apr 18, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
North definitely aren't as young as I thought they were. Their midfield is quite mature and certainly more experienced than ours.

Horrible performance. One to forget. We move on.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thats the way. I reckon this is what the board, executive and half the coaching department do each week/month/season since 2001.

"Meh. What can you do hey? Move on. "

Hawthorn produce - Hardwick, Beveridge, Simpson, Clarkson, Cameron, Fagan, Dew ....... nah, we'll go with that other bloke, Sam and sack Alistair - because you know, we produce most of the AFL coaches anyway.

Carlton - "muRphy dEserVes it - we'll play finals. Flag by 2023"

Back