Review Rd. 19 Fremantle defeat St Kilda by 37 - Post game analysis

Remove this Banner Ad

I just listened to the full post-match conference with Ross Lyon. Was that the first time that he has ever admitted to putting the cue in the rack in the last quarter?

Normally he gives the other team the platitudes for coming back at us, but this time no. We wound back the intensity, took the foot off the gas due players tightening up, then placed the pool cue back in the rack next to the triangle, cross rest and spider.
Probably because it was so obvious that we did it. StKilda weren't playing any better in that last quarter, we just stopped

Agree with the negatives DudleyDocker. D.Pearce has been out of form for at least a month and Walters had no impact on the game. The part with Walters though can be a positive considering we scored well without him, was nice watching him break through some of the traffic at times too. Good body use.
I think we can excuse Walters under the circumstances. Must have been a bit of a blow for him too.

The performance of tall and small forwards is somewhat linked. More contested marks in the forward line means less opportunities for small forwards to crumb goals. Walters was also quiet at the start of the year when Zac Clarke was clunking everything.

One things I keep asking about yesterday, did we play like we did in the first because we controlled the game or did St Kilda let us?

A bit pessimistic I know :)

One things I keep asking about yesterday, did we play like we did in the first because we controlled the game or did St Kilda let us?

A bit pessimistic I know :)
We controlled the game. We reaaaaaally did. StKilda were so outclassed. Take a look back at where all of Riewoldt's set shots were from. Even he was getting pushed out of position

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As we always have a go at them but rarely praise them the umpires we pretty decent for most the game. Even Ray was sensible.

The Ray that we got in Launceston was poles apart from the Ray that we had on Sunday.

Does he have an identical twin, multiple personalities or does he support the Hawks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back