Game Day Rd 19: North v Hawks (Hobart) Clarko Cup gameday thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have been no more than a 3 goal loss if the game was umpired properly.

The Impey free and goal set the tone for incompetence and cheating.

I can see how we should have been closer. However, it’s got a lot more to do with our playing style against the wind in the first quarter than anything the umpires threw up.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mate it was 90 minutes ago. I've since moved on, you obviously haven't

I only just read your comment. But I remember that incident and I made note of it because I knew you'd make something out of it. It should have been a free. One of many.

WE got rogered by the umps today tho.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I only just read your comment. But I remember that incident and I made note of it because I knew you'd make something out of it. It should have been a free. One of many.

WE got rogered by the umps today tho.
Yeah I did, because it was a s**t kick. Can't blame mahony this week though. I knew you would bite too. Every time.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I can see how we should have been closer. However, it’s got a lot more to do with our playing style against the wind in the first quarter than anything the umpires threw up.

I agree.

But they were horrible. They were given 3-4 goals in that first quarter through blatant umpire errors.

Look at the Impey goal. In zone umpire calls play on and an umpire 40 metres away calls high contact when there wasn’t any. How does that even happen if they are doing their job?

The in zone umpire actually should have overruled the decision and said there was no high contact, throw in.

Yeah I did, because it was a s**t kick. Can't blame mahony this week though. I knew you would bite too. Every time.
Yes tZ.

Go catch up with that poster The Flying Ham - youse can get on the beers and bond over it.

Yay AfL
Coat hangers a-ok

They’ll back track on this within weeks - players are actually using it as an excuse to hit high. Across all games.

I haven't watched the game but listened to it on radio. My initial reaction was one of disappointment, but on thinking about where we are, this shouldn't have been a surprise. We still have the same team and substantially the same game plan (with minor tweaks).

What has the Club directed Patch to do over the last few games? Have they set an expectation OR is it "do your best" and we will have a new coach in 2023. If they have no real expectation of improvement and therefore haven't offered Patch support to improve then we can expect continued serious defeats with maybe one surprise win.

r_boy

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 12, 2007
Northern Territory
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I haven't watched the game but listened to it on radio. My initial reaction was one of disappointment, but on thinking about where we are, this shouldn't have been a surprise. We still have the same team and substantially the same game plan (with minor tweaks).

What has the Club directed Patch to do over the last few games? Have they set an expectation OR is it "do your best" and we will have a new coach in 2023. If they have no real expectation of improvement and therefore haven't offered Patch support to improve then we can expect continued serious defeats with maybe one surprise win.

Mate they went into the game all "yeah let's be enthusiastic and move the ball forward!"

Newsflash: we are playing into a four goal breeze against Sicily, we have no key forward, the emotion of last week is not sustainable.

Pretty silly coaching and even worse player adaptability in-game.

Patch reading off a cheat sheet in the press conference - unfortunately looking seriously out of his depth based on this week.

Geoff Walsh really better know what he's doing.

If it weren’t for the fact that we’ve been hammered so often this season - especially in the first quarter - I would’ve put today down as an aberration.

I suspect last week was the aberration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back