Review Rd 19 Review - Freo Dont Lose Against Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

It would be so easy to make the sub rule that you automatically miss a minimum 12 days if subbed, regardless of whether it's for concussion, injury, cramp or some other spurious reason. It wouldn't eliminate rorting but it would reduce it

I’m pretty sure that’s how a final would look like, it didn’t suck at all.
My hope is that JLo , in acceptance that he has a very average forward line to work with , is going to choke teams out with a defensive strangle to compensate for our lack of scoring power

Using what’s at his disposal
Good coaching and may just get us through a final or 2

Let teams get a run of goals on us and we are pretty screwed however

It would be so easy to make the sub rule that you automatically miss a minimum 12 days if subbed, regardless of whether it's for concussion, injury, cramp or some other spurious reason. It wouldn't eliminate rorting but it would reduce it
Should just be the next game.

Felt like a semi win last night given Richmonds late stuff ups.

The schadenfreude is strong for Richmond though! As bad as it is for us not to get the W at least we haven’t suffered the embarrassment Richmond has lately: lose after the siren after having an unassailable lead v Suns after numerous brain fades. Lose against North by 4 points after Aarts marks 35 out directly in front and plays on and gets tackled in the last 30 secs. Draw the next week again after Balta forgets how to count and can’t even get a kick away from 40 out when any score will do then watch as Cumberland takes a mark in the last second (he is a huge kick) at 50 then plays on/runs out of time

They should have won the last 3 and be on 48 points, which may have put them ahead of us.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

just watching the replay now. first quarter was reasonable.

Brayshaw missed two sodas. Pearce…that turnover…🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
and after that turnover goal, was really disappointing at the bounce to see Serong put no body on Prestia and allow such an easy clearance
Serong and Brayshaw constantly sh*t the bed in front of goals
They need to improve in that sphere and I think they will

Serong full time midfield is not a good setup , this is why we need Jackson

Serong and Brayshaw constantly sh*t the bed in front of goals
They need to improve in that sphere and I think they will

Serong full time midfield is not a good setup , this is why we need Jackson
I do think Brayshaw has improved the goal kicking aspect in past couple of years but your right he is still not elite. But I reckon he can get there with his determination and want to improve his craft.

Surely we couldn't be that unlucky to have 2 Brownlow medal winners who are both poor kicks at goal.

I do think Brayshaw has improved the goal kicking aspect in past couple of years but your right he is still not elite. But I reckon he can get there with his determination and want to improve his craft.

Surely we couldn't be that unlucky to have 2 Brownlow medal winners who are both poor kicks at goal.

😁 good point

Those 2 seem to be incredibly driven individuals
If they see an area for improvement they will do whatever it takes to get there
We really do need to keep in mind how young they are and how lucky Freo are to have young men with such strength of character

and after that turnover goal, was really disappointing at the bounce to see Serong put no body on Prestia and allow such an easy clearance
And Banfield waiting for a second or two after Brayshaw won a free kick, only to snap a banana when he could’ve just turned around take a few steps and steady the kick. No awareness. Richmond ended up goaling the other way minutes later

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched through again, there was at least three times that Serong was in Prestias face before the bounce or throw in and then as soon as the ball was in play Prestia just monstered him and walked away with it easy as could be. Prestia is a very good player, but Serong shouldn't be getting monstered like that. A lot to improve on.

Watched through again, there was at least three times that Serong was in Prestias face before the bounce or throw in and then as soon as the ball was in play Prestia just monstered him and walked away with it easy as could be. Prestia is a very good player, but Serong shouldn't be getting monstered like that. A lot to improve on.
He has been hot and cold this season

We scored 7 points in as dominant a 10 mins as any team could have in any game. We were absolutely all over them. 7 points.
It felt very 2014-15 era Freo

Imo we were all over them in the first quarter, should have been four goals up. Then we just stagnated for 2.5 quarters

Felt like a semi win last night given Richmonds late stuff ups.

The schadenfreude is strong for Richmond though! As bad as it is for us not to get the W at least we haven’t suffered the embarrassment Richmond has lately: lose after the siren after having an unassailable lead v Suns after numerous brain fades. Lose against North by 4 points after Aarts marks 35 out directly in front and plays on and gets tackled in the last 30 secs. Draw the next week again after Balta forgets how to count and can’t even get a kick away from 40 out when any score will do then watch as Cumberland takes a mark in the last second (he is a huge kick) at 50 then plays on/runs out of time

They should have won the last 3 and be on 48 points, which may have put them ahead of us.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
but they didnt so they not...
result = deserved

Is there anyone who has crunched the numbers on expected top 8?

Are we at risk of dropping out of the 8 if we win only 2 more and results go against us. What about 1 more?

Are we at risk of dropping out of the 8 if we win only 2 more and results go against us. What about 1 more?
We are realistically safe now to be honest. Not making the 8 with 13.5 wins, yet alone 14.5 would be literally unheard of

We can still finish anywhere from 1st to 10th.
And if unlucky, could end 10th even if we win one more.
Guaranteed to be in the 8 if we win 2 of our next four (theoretically possible to end up 1st with 2 more wins, but not likely and no lower than 7th).

Last edited:

Do you feel they cheated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back