Autopsy Rd 19 Stone the Crows! That's 3 in a row!

Who played well for the Blues in Round 19 vs the Crows?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I've just watched the replay.
There are so many +ve to take out of the game
But, what stood out to me is that we are getting more one touch/ clean ball handling players

This is a product of confidence, fitness and getting stronger
E.g. Setters
Look out 2020!

To be fair, i reckon the team has been very tight for a few years now, something Bolton focussed on and has carried through. Probably needed a bit of re-enforcing after Bolts was sacked but a very tight unit all the way through.

The affection for each other and genuine happiness when someone kicks a goal or does something good has been fantastic. Always look at players not involved in the play when someone kicks a goal. Take Daisy for example, jumping and fist pumps when someone else kicks the goal. When Gibbons kicked the last goal, Weitering, Simpson and Plowman all fist pumping the air while walking back to D50 was good to see.

I watched Setterfield's goal at the end of Q4 a stupid amount of times.

Was great to see all the boys arms go up in the air / first pumping etc when it sailed through. Literally the entire team. Including the defenders 100m away.
It shows the guys are really invested and spirit is high.

Watching the replay and Gibbons was clearly BOG in the first half IMO.

Little bastard is in every passage of play.

He's a ripper. Great pick by SOS.

His ability to be a link through the middle of the ground when we are transitioning the ball is fantastic.

He's another good runner and runs both ways, tenacious in the contest, tackles and smothers, has a bit of campaigner about him, kicks goals, good kick off both feet. A very handy player that looks to have secured a best 22 spot. Kudos to him.

Might be our Kane Lambert.

Two things that struck me watching the replay ....

1 team now has mongrel .... doesn’t take a backward step .... in particular Setterfield, Deluca and Gibbons.

2 team unity .... players congratulating one another, with affection. This group is tight.

Bodes well for the future all championship teams have this in spades

Yep totally agree.
So nice to watch a tough and uncompromising Carlton team that is strong in the contest.

I'm really liking the additions of Gibbons & Deluca. Both little hard nuts that don't mind giving it to the opposition a bit.

They both bodyline the ball, tackle strongly, apply strong defensive pressure chasing & harassing, run hard both ways, have a bit of cheek and not afraid to dish out little bumps here and there to the opposition.

They and Kennedy have helped us become a bigger bodied and tougher team in our forward half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a ripper. Great pick by SOS.

His ability to be a link through the middle of the ground when we are transitioning the ball is fantastic.

He's another good runner and runs both ways, tenacious in the contest, tackles and smothers, has a bit of campaigner about him, kicks goals, good kick off both feet. A very handy player that looks to have secured a best 22 spot. Kudos to him.

Might be our Kane Lambert.

NO!!! He is our Gibbo!!!!!!
I love the tenacious little bugger. Hope he gets more and more midfield time as his best wok is in the engine room.

I haven't read much of this thread so not sure if mentioned much, but how good was Jones on Jenkins in the goal square. Got dragged to the ground, 'play on' (of course), a crow teammate comes in to help and Jones beats both of them to get a ball up. Stopped a certain goal with just work ethic and never say die attitude. (same with cripps chasing and corralling an opponent, Dow on a wing doing the same, Setterfield corralling on the boundary and getting a holding the ball free kick etc - not willing to get beaten easily if at all)

Thought he stayed down a bit long when watching at the time, very happy to see him throw himself back into the contest and force the stoppage though. Will have to have a re-watch tonight and pay a bit more attention to how it went down.

Coaches' Votes

10 - Patrick Cripps (CARL)
5 - Levi Casboult (CARL)
4 - Kade Simpson (CARL)
4 - Will Setterfield (CARL)
3 - Marc Murphy (CARL)
2 - Michael Gibbons (CARL)
1 - Andrew Phillips (CARL)
1 - Samuel Walsh (CARL)

:hearteyes:
Thats an interesting vote the coaches only agreed on Cripps and Levi. Setterfield and Simpson both got 4 from 1 coach and nothing from the other, Murphy got 3 from 1 and nothing from the other

Back