Autopsy Rd 19 vs Richmond @ Metricon, 7:40

Remove this Banner Ad

can't fault the effort but it's tough when you're 3 down on the bench. thought Spencer showed a bit and it was probably Halls best game for the year even though he had a few clangers.

Rocket said on the injuries:
Ainsworth did a PCL will probably be 2-3 weeks
Sexton and Ah Chee both had concussion, sounded like Sexton was a bit better, Ah Chee also had shoulder trouble.
Witts had a problem with his foot could barely run in the last quarter.
Fiorini hurt his hammy 50/50 for next week
May is almost certain for next week, Ablett likely as well.

He also said Spencer will play regardless of if May plays or not next week hopefully more as a third tall.

Random thoughts on the game:

- Rocket needs to stop playing favouritism with guys like Lemmens, Ah Chee, Sexton, Miller. These guys always get games when they're fit and no matter how bad they play, they never get dropped. Miller hasn't been that bad, but nowhere near his best; needs some time in the twos.

- Need to reward games to guys like Hallahan & Brodie. Lonergan has improved but still not good enough. And Rischitelli is just nowhere near his best, and hasn't been for some time now. He needs either retire or re-invent himself as a forward/defender/tagger or something, cause he just doesn't do enough in the midfield. Or just play reserves and develop the younger guys there.

- I think both sides played poorly, but I actually think Richmond played worse. I think the reason it was a close as it was, was mainly due to how poor Richmond were and they had pretty much no forward line. And suns would've probably won if they actually rotations (tiges smalls wouldn't of been able to run rings around suns defenders if they had some more gas in the tank). I mean, if you look at the uncontested possessions and handball receives, Richmond were clearly trying to exploit the suns lack of run, which is probably the main thing that won them the game.

- I don't know what the coaching staff are doing with Hanley anymore. Don't get me wrong; he's playing well, but he came here because he wanted more midfield time, and up until he went back to Ireland due to the passing of his brother, he was pretty much a permanent inside mid and I believe he had the most centre-square attendances, and was dominant at clearances. Considering how badly the suns fell away in centre clearances in the 2nd half, I don't know why Rocket didn't pull the trigger. Seems like the coaching staff had put him in cotton wool for the year, eversince he started getting injured. Maybe the coaching staff decided he was needed more down back, but if you're getting pantsed at centre clearances surely you put him in. Or better yet, use Sexton or Rischitelli or whoever to tag Dustin Martin. Why Rocket just sat there and let their midfield just dominate in their second half is beyond me.
Wtf is with all the hate for Rischitelli ?
^^How about this guy say Rischitelli is nowhere near his best and hasn't been for some time, no s**t he's been out for 12 months with an ACL. He's been back for what 3 games

Wtf is with all the hate for Rischitelli ?
^^How about this guy say Rischitelli is nowhere near his best and hasn't been for some time, no s**t he's been out for 12 months with an ACL. He's been back for what 3 games
Exactly what are people on about will be better next year for sure. Very serviceable rotating through midfield and good around goals.

Sexton and Ah Chee both had concussion, sounded like Sexton was a bit better, Ah Chee also had shoulder trouble.

He also said Spencer will play regardless of if May plays or not next week hopefully more as a third tall.

Why are we cursed with injuries, id say 4 outs, all 3 injuries as well as one of Witts/Fiorini (rest if not 100%)
In: May, Gaz, Hallahan and Matera

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Spencer going to be a player very impressed. Great fist. Looks right at home.
Sorry Trent but the Cannon has fired its last shot.
Scrimshaw is going to be a gun as well.

Anyone else heart skip a beat when Hanley has the ball. It reminds me of the good old days with Jarred Brennan

Why are we cursed with injuries, id say 4 outs, all 3 injuries as well as one of Witts/Fiorini (rest if not 100%)
In: May, Gaz, Hallahan and Matera

No way Matera comes back into the ones, he's missed too much. Would give Lyons a small chance, determined man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You gents sure make you feel a bit better post a loss and I enjoy reading the post game analysis

I would agree it was a great effort and that's always the most important thing
However
With better skills in the fundamentals and better decision making we actually could have gone close to snagging a win tonight

But in our predicament a win is a loss and a loss is a win

Better crash out

I'm absolutely convinced Lemmens is one of the worst AFL players l've ever seen.

Yep. I was actually at the game and made an effort to just watch him for 5 min and it's laughable that he gets a game.
He has no idea where to position himself in any situation and his disposal / decision making is horrendous.

Getting very annoyed with 2 things.

1. The long periods in games where the oppo easily move the ball from our forward line to score. Open players everywhere. Worried about both our defensive run and our zone set-up.

2. Our basic skill errors. A player works hard into space, gets missed with a kick or handball (Martin several times this week, must be soooo annoying). Or drops the mark. Many drops this week and the conditions did not help, but good players don't drop easy ones very often (like 3 times a season not 3 times a game). You are full time players, get the basic stuff right!!!!!!!!

Lonners had a couple of howlers where he missed a wide open Jack Martin twice. Not a good sign. Can't kick, need to do others things at a very high level.

PS,
Our 2 over 30 mids are right where I would expect them to be. Both of them are role players at this point, back end of best 22. Would look a lot better with 6 or 7 better players around them where they can play their roles.
Rischa is a touch off the pace but not surprising coming off the ACL. Ideally, would not go to Perth, then play out the last 3 games.
Rosa is on full rat power but still solid. 20 odd touches, decent efficiency, good in the contest when he gets there but not getting to as many as he used to.

Anyone else heart skip a beat when Hanley has the ball. It reminds me of the good old days with Jarred Brennan
Probably exactly the opposite actually. He occasionally bites off more than his teammates can chew by going for the difficult 45 kick and let's face it, half of this team never reads from the same playbook, let alone play on the same page. But Hanley is one of the best distributors and kicks in the side. I want the ball in his hands more often than it currently is.

I very excited about Spencer and Scrimshaw together with May in the side.
Spencer looks likes he's played 50 games and has a fist like May. Scrimshaw is going to be a fantastic intercept marketing rebounding defender.

Does that lift for 2018? Or after the 2018 season? Hopefully before the commonwealth games otherwise they could turn to crap
With all the disruptions the C'Wealth Games are going to cause us, with training and playing venues etc. I can see the Footy Gods extending the curse until the end of 2018 unfortunately:(

Does that lift for 2018? Or after the 2018 season? Hopefully before the commonwealth games otherwise they could turn to crap
After further investigation, I found this:
Bears and Albert Shire sign long-term lease
May-June, 1989

The Bears are well and truly home at Carrara after the signing of a 30-year lease with the Albert Shire Council for the permanent usage of Carrara sporting stadium for the Brisbane Bears.
If a 30-year lease was signed for the 1989 season, it would expire at the end of 2018.

Can't fault the effort last night. Spencer looked ok, Scrimshaw looks the goods, massive effort by Swallow so far this year after missing 2 years.
DMac had a statless first half which is a concern although he does apply pressure. Miller is a shadow of last year and jury is still out with Joyce.
We've mastered the art of honourable losses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back