Review Rd 2 2022 Collingwood 4vs Saints = Pies by 27 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Legend
Apr 17, 2006
Collingwood
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
The Mighty Mongooses
1642379524860.png
Post your own review etc would love to hear your thoughts. 👍

Geez so much to like and so many players displaying AA qualities with particular note of Bonnici and Rowe. Shame not to mention all the great things that happened watching from Sherrin stand and also on replay but I aint one of those posters to post up a lengthy review. I will say what a great Team performance in getting the job done and not one player didn't play a role. I will say though, what an exciting prospect in Eliza James. Oh and IMO the most important players in our side are Livo, Ruby, Allen and Butcher. If these 4 stay fit, we'll run deep.

I have 3 top moments. A little left field but I hope you enjoy. You can watch on replay here ..... https://www.womens.afl/video/80488/aflw-match-replay-collingwood-v-st-kilda

No 3 : Sebrina showing aggression. TBH I was going to post up some thoughts on a little underwhelmed I was for someone of her talent, size and experience (40 games!). Don't get me wrong, she's very much a required player ...... and I know players play a role (yadda yadda yadda) and no doubt she's quality off field too which counts a massive amount ......but at ground level I was super surprised she wasn't showing more of a presence for a KP player. IMO at the very least, where was her body work? We played a 2nd season side without their coach. She should have using her power and hips in every single stoppage / ruck chance and letting every opposition know whose boss.

This bit here, is what Sabrina needs to bring every single time, especially off ball. And I'm not talking dirty football of course. I'm talking a power presence and aggression. I picked it in my top 3 because I'm rapt she does actually can do it.

1642387573366.png

No 2: Rowey's small lateral banana clearence kick on her right hitting up Bonnici. On TV it looked like nothing at all so unless you were sitting in the Sherrin stand, you simply won't appreciate the awareness, skill, execution and confidence to do this. The natural course of action was a handball to the running Ruby and nothing wrong with that but Rowey chose a lateral clearence within taffic and hit up a target. It gave us space and time.

1642386556872.png

No 1 : Jordy Allen's change up and lace out pass to Sabrina. Another one that didn't look like much on TV but from the Sherrin stands it was my favourite play of the day. It was an elite 1%er kick executed and weighted perfectly. The natural kick (flow) for anyone in Jordy's position would have been to either have a shot / kick it back in deep etc ... and Jordy was looking that way too but at the last 2 seconds, sees Sabrina's positioning and kicks to where Sabrina should lead. Jordy was pretty happy with the kick and so were her teams mates by getting around her. If the kick was at the top of the square 4-5 Saints were in that contest against 1.

1642385436913.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back