Autopsy Rd 2, April 1, 2017- SUNS vs GWS @Spotless Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes fair enough.
I think he will make a massive difference if he can find form and peace in his circumstance. He is very polished and skillful which is exactly what we are lacking ATM.
Yep, he was excellent in the pre-season if he was at 100% against Brisbane we would have won.

Jeezus enough with the ablett bashing already lads. Yes he had a piss weak game and there appears to be issues within the club but it's all paper talk at this point isn't it? Can we at least wait to see how he responds on the park this wkd before just writing the champion off?? Haven't read anything about how awful rory thompson played, he was directly involved in 5 turnover goals on the wkd from my count, just awful. Also Matt Rosa, worst I've seem him play. Lynch and May, shadows of the players they were last year. I'm putting it down to a shocking day out by the entire team. Only round 2, let's see how Gaz backs it up aye? Runs are on the board, he deserves a chance to respond IMO. We'll beat the hawks this week I'm confident of that. Gaz to rip in, entire team will lift. Then ideally down to melb next week to back it up against the blues. Parity restored.

I'm a dreamer, surely not the only one?

Gaz hasn't engendered any goodwill from supporters or team mates by the sounds of things
We waited while he used God and magic beans to cure his shoulder.Why didn't that work??:(
Then waited again while he used proper rehab
Surprisingly the young guys around him O'Meara in particular took his lead and sat out waiting waiting
He hasn't played for nearly 2 years
He gets paid a s**t load of cash
The most of ANY player in the AFL
So if our expectations are high,they're high
The guy has to perform week in week out and bleed for the Club
Last week he looked like he didn't want to be there
Any boss would sack a worker with that attitude (well that's impossible in Australia ) but he'd get a warning
Gaz
You're on a warning

Everyone was poor, gave up and put their heads down. I think our players are babied to much. I play premiers and if my team lost by 100 points our Coach would absolutely destroy us at training, would be the hardest sessions imaginable. I want to see videos of this, not cherry picked highlights or talking from executives

Jeezus enough with the ablett bashing already lads. Yes he had a piss weak game and there appears to be issues within the club but it's all paper talk at this point isn't it? Can we at least wait to see how he responds on the park this wkd before just writing the champion off?? Haven't read anything about how awful rory thompson played, he was directly involved in 5 turnover goals on the wkd from my count, just awful. Also Matt Rosa, worst I've seem him play. Lynch and May, shadows of the players they were last year. I'm putting it down to a shocking day out by the entire team. Only round 2, let's see how Gaz backs it up aye? Runs are on the board, he deserves a chance to respond IMO. We'll beat the hawks this week I'm confident of that. Gaz to rip in, entire team will lift. Then ideally down to melb next week to back it up against the blues. Parity restored.

I'm a dreamer, surely not the only one?

With you 100% juboits

Like everyone else i'm pissed off at the team for having a bad week. People are forgetting how good Gaz was the week before, in his first game back uninjured. I don't expect a win this week, nor did I expect a win against the Hawks three weeks ago. We effectively have a brand new team, some things take time to click. Yes, we were playing with our heads down and that was upsetting to see. I dont think we will see it again this week. We were also playing the premiership favourites at their home. Remember how bad Ablett was in his first few games for the SUNS. He is really back in that boat. I'm not saying Rocket should feel his job is safe. I am not saying we are going to make finals. Let's just reserve our judgements for a few more weeks. Let a few things click, let Gazza work himself back into the game.

If we are 0-5 and still looking deplorable then we are in some s**t. But it's been two bloody weeks. And even in one of those games 3/5 of the game we were pretty good for the most part. I'm not gonna microwave my membership just yet . . .

With you 100% juboits

Like everyone else i'm pissed off at the team for having a bad week. People are forgetting how good Gaz was the week before, in his first game back uninjured. I don't expect a win this week, nor did I expect a win against the Hawks three weeks ago. We effectively have a brand new team, some things take time to click. Yes, we were playing with our heads down and that was upsetting to see. I dont think we will see it again this week. We were also playing the premiership favourites at their home. Remember how bad Ablett was in his first few games for the SUNS. He is really back in that boat. I'm not saying Rocket should feel his job is safe. I am not saying we are going to make finals. Let's just reserve our judgements for a few more weeks. Let a few things click, let Gazza work himself back into the game.

If we are 0-5 and still looking deplorable then we are in some s**t. But it's been two bloody weeks. And even in one of those games 3/5 of the game we were pretty good for the most part. I'm not gonna microwave my membership just yet . . .

As much as I'm not convinced that RND 2 was just a bad day/week...it's good to read something that offers the other side of the coin! Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As much as I'm not convinced that RND 2 was just a bad day/week...it's good to read something that offers the other side of the coin! Cheers!

It was a horrible week. Close to the worst I have seen. But anyone thinking the players don't care were not feeling the emotions in the rooms after the game at Spotless. Iva Bigun will back me up. I think enough soul searching will be done this week from the top down to ensure we get a much better performance this week, leading in to hopefully a win against Carlton in Melbourne. We are effectively back to the most inexperienced team in the AFL. I know we have said it before, but we have a f*c*load of talent. Give it time to gel, and we will be almost laughing at this in a few years

We are effectively back to the most inexperienced team in the AFL. I know we have said it before, but we have a f*c*load of talent. Give it time to gel, and we will be almost laughing at this in a few years

I think this is the part that most of us are struggling with - we all said the exact same thing 5-6 years ago...and the realisation that we may be back to square one, stings badly. Patience is/has worn thin! Gaz may have realised the same thing, too!

It was a horrible week. Close to the worst I have seen. But anyone thinking the players don't care were not feeling the emotions in the rooms after the game at Spotless. Iva Bigun will back me up. I think enough soul searching will be done this week from the top down to ensure we get a much better performance this week, leading in to hopefully a win against Carlton in Melbourne. We are effectively back to the most inexperienced team in the AFL. I know we have said it before, but we have a f*c*load of talent. Give it time to gel, and we will be almost laughing at this in a few years
Big Peter Wright was clearly gutted getting a hug from Mum in the rooms.

Man that's depressing
speaking of 2MP whats happened to him he is cherry ripe and was back at pre season early with Touk thought he was in for a monster season but he seems to be almost forgotten how impactful he can be as a second option to Lynch, him hitting top gear will make a big difference and spread defenses

Last edited:
speaking of 2MP whats happened to him he is cherry ripe and was back at pre season early with Touk thoght he was in for a monster season but he seems to be almost forgotten how impactful he can be as a second option to Lynch, him hitting top gear will make a big difference and spread defenses

A lot of this is our mids not hitting targets coming inside 50 I think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back