Preview Rd 2. Sydney Swans vs Adelaide Crows at the SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Want to see jmac back ASAP as imo he is a clear beat 22 but unfortunately can’t see it this week

He seems a bit further back due to interrupted preseason so not sure he will be back straight away. Stephens perhaps if Rowbottom is sore.

McInerney will come into calculations in a few weeks.

Just basing that on Stephens named as emergency and McInerney not.

Swans by 42
Buddy would have to play today and pull up well to be any chance imo
I agree with this... although it must the first in more than 10 years that he has play in the seconds!!! Lol!!

Play it safe with Buddy and wait until we play Richmond in round 3? Or should we let Buddy play next week and get him into game shape? Decisions decisions... win this one and we are in for an early test against the Tiges.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to see Melican, McInerney and Stephens back in the side, but legit don’t see how they get back in. I’m assuming Rowbottom’s fine if he played out the match even with a perfectly healthy sub in Hayward ready if need be. But then again he was limping badly post-match, so who knows. IMO he’s too important to risk getting further injured but also too important to go into a game without.

Then there’s the tiny matter of a potentially fit Buddy coming in. I would personally see if he pulls up well from the reserves game, and then make him play another one. Test his body on the rigours of back to back hit-outs before he effects the mix of this current team.

I would probably go:
IN - Melican (if fit), one of McInerney or Stephens (if fit - whoever looks best on the track.)

OUT - McLean (harsh), Rowbottom.

I want to see Melican, McInerney and Stephens back in the side, but legit don’t see how they get back in. I’m assuming Rowbottom’s fine if he played out the match even with a perfectly healthy sub in Hayward ready if need be. But then again he was limping badly post-match, so who knows. IMO he’s too important to risk getting further injured but also too important to go into a game without.

Then there’s the tiny matter of a potentially fit Buddy coming in. I would personally see if he pulls up well from the reserves game, and then make him play another one. Test his body on the rigours of back to back hit-outs before he effects the mix of this current team.

I would probably go:
IN - Melican (if fit), one of McInerney or Stephens (if fit - whoever looks best on the track.)

OUT - McLean (harsh), Rowbottom.

I'd stick with McLean for two reasons. 3 goal assists and manning Harris Andrews with aplomb is worth another week imo but also it gives a bit of protection to Logan. We've got to protect him as much as reasonable while he's so young. I wouldn't want him to be playing too much right now as one of two tall forwards - and in fact at times the only tall up there when Reid goes into the ruck to give Hickey a break. McLean himself is only young but he's a big lump and he's physical, growing into his body and keen to use it.

McLean stays in the side until Bud is ready to play imo. That means no changes for me unless Rowbottom needs a rest, in which case I imagine similarly it'd allow Stephens or McInerney back in. Stephens appears to have done more training and is also more of capable of playing inside imo so to replace Rowbottom I'd go with him.

I'd stick with McLean for two reasons. 3 goal assists and manning Harris Andrews with aplomb is worth another week imo but also it gives a bit of protection to Logan. We've got to protect him as much as reasonable while he's so young. I wouldn't want him to be playing too much right now as one of two tall forwards - and in fact at times the only tall up there when Reid goes into the ruck to give Hickey a break. McLean himself is only young but he's a big lump and he's physical, growing into his body and keen to use it.

McLean stays in the side until Bud is ready to play imo. That means no changes for me unless Rowbottom needs a rest, in which case I imagine similarly it'd allow Stephens or McInerney back in. Stephens appears to have done more training and is also more of capable of playing inside imo so to replace Rowbottom I'd go with him.

I do think we need Melican back though. Our defence looked a little shaky last night. Dawson as third tall back there is yuck.

I do think we need Melican back though. Our defence looked a little shaky last night. Dawson as third tall back there is yuck.

Yeh we were getting scored against pretty easily last night at times. If Melican returns, it could even be to allow Hewett back into the midfield to replace Rowbottom and letting Dawson play smaller in defence.

Incidentally, do we actually know what the deal with Melican is? Do we know he's hurt or are we assuming?

Yeh we were getting scored against pretty easily last night at times. If Melican returns, it could even be to allow Hewett back into the midfield to replace Rowbottom and letting Dawson play smaller in defence.

Incidentally, do we actually know what the deal with Melican is? Do we know he's hurt or are we assuming?

Assuming injured. The club was talking up the McCartin/Melican partnership all preseason, they wouldn’t scrap it by the first match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back