Game Day Rd 2: Sydney v Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We were rubbish and nearly stole it....they were rubbish and nearly lost it. Bit of a meh game in a lot of ways ...we were never a show after the start.

Cost ourselves the game. Disappointing.

How many times have you had that feeling the last couple of years ? Just do not execute the basics well enough. Believe me they are not improving. Better sides will beat you its a given but beating yourself against ordinary outfits is shithouse. Essendon are an ordinary outfit who despite our inadequacies are beatable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McCartin needs to be doing more.

Playing a workhorse role does not suit and delivery not great but I agree he needs to do more. Blakey is disappointing at times also with his inability to get involved and some poor decision making. His cameos of brilliance is still not good enough and he needs some consistency in his output.

Oh well. No tall fwd target in the 2nd half (What happened to McCartin?.)

Couple of young guys gave no 2nd effort - they’ll learn

Worsfold will never have an easier day in the box...all he had to do was flood the swans fwd line.

And as for that ******** ranger Bomber player.....almost lost them the game with two frees resulting in goals....isn’t he clever......🙄

Hayward Rohan like
Yeah he bothered me a lot last year like this but today I think he has run out of chances.
Please move Dawson up the ground now & get tha big SA teenager in down back, along with young Warner who wouldn't have done worse than a handful out there.
Ramps needs help from a real defender down there &
Gould walks right into defence for me.
Gray or Taylor out & Stephens in.

How many times have you had that feeling the last couple of years ? Just do not execute the basics well enough. Believe me they are not improving. Better sides will beat you its a given but beating yourself against ordinary outfits is shithouse. Essendon are an ordinary outfit who despite our inadequacies are beatable.

Just more of the same Parker still doing the silly 10m lob kicks straight down the guts, many inside 50s for no result Allir needs to learn to punch the ball..

Heeney trying ridiculous Marks just stay on the ground ffs.

Nothing much has changed since 2017

Yeah he bothered me a lot last year like this but today I think he has run out of chances.
Please move up Dawson up the ground now & get tha big SA teenager in down back, along with young Warner who wouldn't have done worse than a handful out there.
Ramps needs help from a real defender down there &
Gould walks right into defence for me.
Gray or Taylor out & Stephens in.

Onto a wing in some space because he certainly is not hard enough as a defender. Him and Lloyd down there together is seriously lacking physical intensity in a contest. Rampe deserves a ****ing medal with the steel he shows that dcefence.

Just more of the same Parker still doing the silly 10m lob kicks straight down the guts, many inside 50s for no result Allir needs to learn to punch the ball..

Heeney trying ridiculous Marks just stay on the ground ffs.

Nothing much has changed since 2017

Not far off the mark. Parker's effort in what he gave today however is hard to question.

I don't think aliir did badly. Particularly in the last quarter his effort and production was where it needed to be.

Florent was decent in the last quarter but he needs to handball more. Far too many poor kicks from him. He wasn't alone there, Blakey and Cunningham also didn't kick it well.

Rowbottom should be first out, pretty anonymous,but I like what he brings to the table.

Blakey and mccartin were both pretty poor, but it was a big ask for the boys. It felt like having such small and inexperienced marking targets forward made our entries pretty poor.

Heeney with not a mark despite that being his role was a real disappointment. Hayward also very poor. Had a couple of moments but needs to produce more.moments and take much more of his opportunities.

Taylor with enough good stuff. Papley adequate.

It felt like Sinclair and Aliir are too weak in the ruck. Very few of our entries came from space.in the midfield so were often just getting it high and forward to give us a chance to compete and crumb. Which isn't ideal but particularly so with our two senior key forwards out.
Horse
Gray
Heeney
Hayward
Blakey
Rowbottom
Aliir

s**t house performances.

On Nokia 7.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

essendon fans sulking over the umps on social media, whingy ****
If the free kick count was 25-13 Essendon's way the salt level on this forum would be pretty high

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back