Preview Rd 2 v Carlton. Etihad Stadium - Sat 1:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a look on the Carlton board ( I know I shouldn’t have) and as someone else mentioned they get stuck into us about our membership including their mod

I had to resist pointing out that a home game they expected to win from a club with 160 years of history only managed 28000 attendees.

I wonder how many members Carlton had in their 8th season? I expect far less than 10,000.

Great win; loving Stuart Dew. The team looks completely different this year. They are hungry and playing like they want and expect to win. A LOT more fun to watch than the putrid bullshit we were forced to endure last year.

Looking forward to a very competitive year. Gary who...?

I wonder how many members Carlton had in their 8th season? I expect far less than 10,000.

Great win; loving Stuart Dew. The team looks completely different this year. They are hungry and playing like they want and expect to win. A LOT more fun to watch than the putrid bullshit we were forced to endure last year.

Looking forward to a very competitive year. Gary who...?
Carltons membership numbers on wikipedia date back to 1984 with 12774 that year.
Thier lowest on record was 1987 with 9227.

Our lowest membership recorded was in our 2nd year 2012 with 11204.

The stats speak for themselves.

I really did not focus on Weller during the game. But it seemed to me that all players played their roles. Yes, some players struggled a bit and yes, we did not make it easy for our defenders as Blues moved ball to their forward 50 way too easy. Also not exploiting Witts's dominance was a bit disappointing. I would have to watch the game again to assess Weller. Did somebody watched him closely? What was his role? Yes, I noticed one of his bad turnovers but he also had some great moves when the game opened up. Possibly, Weller played defensive role, run with some Blues players? His 14 disposal at 85% DE does not look bad. To suggest dropping Weller seems ridiculous to me at this stage. Very classy, usually does not make mistakes, great kick/disposal, can run all day, can play different roles. Only one change for me - if Hanley is ready he will replace Rischitelli. According to GCS (last Thu) Ah Chee still in rehab although not on injured list. GCS should do feature on him next week. Lemmens was supposed to played in reserves limited minutes. I would have him in but who would he replace? All our forwards played great. I enjoyed Sexton - Tom can thank him for 3 goals. How good was Macpherson. I was surprised he did some kick ins. His goal was telling - did kick in, then run across the field and ended up catching Tom's pass. I was annoyed by Ainsworth missing that super easy goal in first quarter and some Young's fumbling. Nobody appreciated Thompson but I think he was great, players he played on he shut them down all. I thought nobody could slow down Cripps but Holman did. He is our Barlow #2.
really enjoyed this summary. think you've called out some unsung heroes. in particular, very rarely see anyone speak about secco positively but gee he's a good footballer these days

Lol
a48eab89df921297b859400235b58301.jpg

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back