Preview Rd 2 v Swans and wagging of the flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big night next Friday with the unfurling of the flag against the mob who thought it should've been theirs.

Morris would have to be doubtful but let's see what the docs say. Also some real concerns about our failure to dominate the CPs and clearances against the Pies.

VD reports a great game from Adams in the VFL practice match. Couldn't have come at a better time. Also Campbell played well, but is it enough game time to satisfy Bev?

My minimum changes would be:
OUT: Jong (didn't have much impact), Morris (inj)
IN: Campbell, Adams

That would mean Boyd spends more time forward and Stringer and Crameri would have to play more time in the guts which I'm a bit hesitant about. So maybe Smith comes in for Biggs who had a poor game.

I'd give Daniel and McLean another chance. They were below their best but still reasonable contributors. I think they'll be better next week.

I actually think Cramrri really srruggled. I know that might be harsh given he hasn't played in so long, but if campbell comes in we will need to drop a bigger bloke rather than a mid.

Crameri out if Campbell comes in. Boyd to move forward and help in the ruck.

In Smith - out Jong
In Adams - out Morris
In Campbell - out McLean

One change only......Smith in for Morris.

Anyone predicting multiple changes after just one round is delusional. Bevo just doesn't operate that way.

If Campbell doesn't play I'll be total shock.

Jong seems to be the obvious out but dropping him for a ruckman and not replacing with an inside midfielder when we lost the clearances by 18 doesn't seem correct to me. Would be ideal for Smith to come in as well.

Hope they use Murphy more forward in games.We already have so many good defenders , giving him opportunity to really ignite the forward line.. .He was the most inspirational and versatile CHF l have ever seen, when he used to play forward.

Last edited:
Hope they use Murphy more forward in games.We already have so many good defenders , giving him opportunity to really ignite the forward line.. .He was the most inspirational and versatile CHF l have ever seen, when he used to play forward.

Agreed. Watching Murph play forward is an extra treat.

Man, the preview of the game on the Swans board is saltier then the Dead Sea. Yeah they probably got the bad end of the stick, but minus their 4-5 goal burst in 15 minutes late in the second, they were never in it. Can't expect to kick 5 goals across 3.5 quarters and win it. We also hammered the ball inside 50 so many times, if we had the efficiency of some other clubs (we were 15th in that category all year) They wouldn't have been within 10 goals, they would have still lost if free kicks went their way

Anyways this should be an interesting match up. Another strong midfield group, will need Roberts to have a great game on Buddy and our midfield to regain some composure in the clearances and contested ball, cannot rely on slick movement every game to get away with it. If we can do that, we should be able to out pace them and spread the field

Get the feeling that we should only be playing 2 of Biggs, suckling and m Boyd, especially with Murphy back.

Out - Morris
In - Campbell

Out - Jong
In - Dunkley

Out - Biggs
In - smith

FB: Wood Roberts JJ
HB: Murphy Cordy Boyd
C: Hunter Dahlhaus Macrae
HF: Crameri Cloke Mclean
FF: smith Boyd Stringer
R: Campbell Bonti Libba

IC: Suckling, Picken, Dunkley, Daniel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get the feeling that we should only be playing 2 of Biggs, suckling and m Boyd, especially with Murphy back.

Out - Morris
In - Campbell

Out - Jong
In - Dunkley

Out - Biggs
In - smith

FB: Wood Roberts JJ
HB: Murphy Cordy Boyd
C: Hunter Dahlhaus Macrae
HF: Crameri Cloke Mclean
FF: smith Boyd Stringer
R: Campbell Bonti Libba

IC: Suckling, Picken, Dunkley, Daniel

Like the team and structure, just can't see Bevo making 3 changes after one winning game.

In: Campbell, Smith, Adams (if Morris injured)
Out: Jong, one of Suckling/Biggs, Morris

Toby will have to step up this week with Dicko close to a return.

In: Campbell
Out: Morris

I don't have enough confidence in Adams at this stage, would give him another week and line up a tad smaller down back. It's not ideal at all and frankly it scares the hell out of me but the Swans are prone to shanking the ball inside 50 - we need to pressure them around the ball and the half forward line and I think going smaller helps us with that. Whether it's Morris, Adams or Biggs, if you get left one-out with a Sydney tall and don't pressure the ball carrier you're not going to have fun.

I don't want to upset the balance too much outside of that.

I would like Smith in but can't justify dropping anybody. I feel we were one outside type too heavy this week but I think it's hard to drop any of them, as they all contributed at different stages.

Wouldnt be dropping Crameri just yet. It took him 1/2 a game to find his feet however his big body is what we need on the forward line.

Campbell in for Morris

Feel like we need Biggs to play tall vs Sydney.

Out: Moz, Jong
In: Campbell, Dunkley

Can't drop Biggs after one game... do people forget how he played last season?

Daniel was more of a concern, but deserves another chance.

McLean didn't get much of the ball but certainly wasn't the worst - similar game to what Stringer had imo.

Wouldnt be dropping Crameri just yet. It took him 1/2 a game to find his feet however his big body is what we need on the forward line.

Campbell in for Morris

That rainy day when we beat Sydney up there a few years ago Crameri was epic. If I had to pick a game that marked our turning point I reckon that'd be the one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back