Autopsy Rd 20 Blues never threatened in encouraging win

Who played well for the Blues in Rd 20 vs the Saints?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Epic comeback by Weiters. Looked like it was going to be one of those nights for him, but he fought back and won the battle in the end.

Man of steel indeed.
Full credit to him (and to be fair the kids who stopped the easy kicks into the 50).

Just backed himself and played to his real ability. Did look shellshocked early but massive response.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

17SetMeFree

Club Legend
Nov 2, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
1627648678102.png

May 15, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Walsh is awesome.
bit what I really loved to see was others doing their bit. The likes of Dow (disposal and poise was sublime), LOB (found the ball and when he had time was damaging), Honey (we’ve found one) and Williamson (that’s what I used to love about him) wee great contributors. It will take more than just Walshy and Crippa to get us back to the top flight. This was pleasing

BlueCorp

Debutant
Aug 21, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Our tackling intent from the get go was impressive. By halftime we had 51 tackles which our game average. LOB's best game for the club, SOS dug deep and Harry kicking a bag was pleasing.

Murphy isn't giving his best for the jumper or his team mates and we are carrying him over the line. If we have a game with an early injury and he's the sub we are virtually a man down.

Epic comeback by Weiters. Looked like it was going to be one of those nights for him, but he fought back and won the battle in the end.

Man of steel indeed.
I actually was never too concerned with Weiters, I've seen this before with him.

He engages WeiterBot mode, analyses what he needs to do to beat his opponent, and puts it into play. I'd always back him.

JSOS take a bow son

Honey, LOB, Dow, very good performances
Walsh and Cripps drove that from the middle

Weiters and Jones bounced back

Charlie made it through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 9, 2009
CR0
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
gotta take it and see it as a big turnaround in form - and please, please, please, this HASN'T PAPERED OVER ANY CRACKS!!!!!

My papier-mâché underpants on the other hand...

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I know Charlie didn't do much, but that goal was sexy AF.... One step, BANG from 55!

Can't wait til he gets up to speed.

Him and Harry are going to be a nightmare for defenders.
Injury free is all I wanted. The goal was . Looked to be moving ok but wrong spots (fair enough after missing two years). He'll get a little bit better each week. Anything he does is a bonus.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Newnes and Murphy have to be dropped next week. Have given absolutely nothing all night
Until that last 10 minutes, Murphy had been on the pine for almost 40% of the time he was active in the match.

Newnes had defensive work to do this week, and he cocked up so much of it. That said, can't fault him on covering ground or trying to contribute.

jj1978

Brownlow Medallist
May 11, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
We won which is awesome, but saints played like they thought we were easy pickings. But great to start balancing the ledger again against this stain of a club.

Dow had a bit more gas, LOB deserves to remainder of the season as does Honey.

Loved everything about tonight except
  • Injury to TDK - can’t be serious another ruck down
  • Last 10 mins
  • Murphy just sickened me seeing his attitude on the pine and on the field

Back