Preview Rd 20: Changes against the Port - Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess AFL House just went with a perfect excuse to provide home games to the Melbourne teams ... and anything to fu** us over would have been a nice bonus.

The whole thing stinks. Port are the more settled team going into what was supposed to be our home game.

We deserve get an extra game in Canberra next year - that is, eight in Sydney and four at Manuka - to compensate.

It feels like a lot of critical thinking has gone out the window with these travel issues including from some I would've thought better of.

It's pretty obvious why they pulled everyone out of Qld:

UPDATE: Queensland
  • The following Queensland local government areas (LGAs) are red zones (other than for transit) under Victoria’s travel permit system from 8:00pm AEST Saturday 31 July 2021:
    • City of Brisbane, Moreton Bay Regional Council, City of Gold Coast, City of Ipswich, Lockyer Valley Regional Council, Logan City, Noosa Shire Council, Redland City, Scenic Rim Regional Council, Somerset Regional Council and Sunshine Coast Regional Council.
  • If you are a Victorian resident and have been in a red zone since current red zones came into effect, other than for transit, you can obtain a red zone permit to enter Victoria but you must travel directly home, get tested and quarantine for 14 days.
  • If you are a non-Victorian resident and you have been in a red zone since current red zones came into effect, other than for transit, you cannot obtain a permit and you cannot enter Victoria unless you have an exception or exemption.

So Essendon and Melbourne would've had to isolate. Sydney, GWS and GC would not have been let into Victoria at all until this is over. You can also likely extend this to WA and SA in coming days.

The NRL teams are all in Qld and staying in Qld. No travel issues so they just need to get one level of approval. AFL is still playing games in five states (well, four for the moment).

It’s pretty clear who the real priorities are at VFL HQ.

View attachment 1192804

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
they are all about the vic clicks not actual AFL journalism.
You dont remember the talk about the travelling for so long, soooo young Brave Bombers against the Giants?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back