Preview Rd 20: Changes against the Port - Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Two failed returns by Cogs.

That is an ominous sign.

Let’s hope a further 5 month break allows him to make a full recovery.

A third failed return in 2022 would be very scary.

Thank goodness Cal is made of tungsten as ‘Rested’ for him means ‘just keep playing’.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
I read on the port board that they will need to quarantine for 2 days in Melbourne, then fly to QLD, fly back to Adelaide after the game. We might have a game against a team more inconvenienced than us for a change. If not for covid, I would have liked a weekend away to Canberra to watch at Manuka, but I am guessing the players would now just prefer to remain on gold coast, not have the hassle of flying to Canberra on game day.
Does anybody think we might play Richmond in Canberra though, perhaps only if nsw country, qld and Vic all do very well covid wise over the next couple of weeks.

I feel like I have not been to Canberra for an eternity for a game :( I love the trip

ACT government wants the game.
they’ve been pi$$ed that borders have been closed to them “We’re NOT NSW, we’re not even close to Sydney, we haven’t had a case in over 12 months. There should be no travel restrictions (except from Sydney)”

There is absolutely no problem with the ACT government.

Good to hear mate. I was just wondering that’s all

Sad for them to have missed out and the fans. We have such loyal ACT members

Big opportunity for the team to back up last week here.

If we can play like we want it again maybe there is some hope

But just as much chance of coming out like they don’t care again

Let’s see

Port aren't happy about their travel schedule for this game, and are probably more browned off than us about it not being played in Canberra.

Quite an achievement by the AFL!

I’m unconcerned if they have been put out. We have had home games robbed from us due to state governments blocking Canberra (I know it’s not just for us lol).
They have been getting home games yeah?

I’m unconcerned if they have been put out. We have had home games robbed from us due to state governments blocking Canberra (I know it’s not just for us lol).
They have been getting home games yeah?

I'm not worried if they're put out. Hopefully we can take advantage of it. We're not exactly strangers to Metricon these days and our record there is good.

I'm not worried if they're put out. Hopefully we can take advantage of it. We're not exactly strangers to Metricon these days and our record there is good.

Fingers crossed.
Hopefully Tobes is fired up. Ok he will be fired up just hope he is on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The more discomfort and dislocation caused to Port the better for our so-called home game.

The AFL made us travel to Syd airport twice in two days to even get to Qld to face the Lions.

I wish Peatling all the very best for Sunday and have zero doubt he’ll give 110 per cent.

However, I am a surprised we’re doing player debuts in what is effectively an elimination final.

It’s an uncharacteristically big call by Leon.

A snap lockdown has just been announced by deputy premier. I wonder what this means for our game. I am guessing vfl games in qld off, if we have to fly to Vic today that's ok, but the families are in qld, so I am guessing we just stay in qld, gold coast is 70km from Indooroopilly.

Last edited:
A snap lockdown has just been announced by deputy premier. I wonder what this means for our game. I am guessing vfl games in qld off, if we have to fly to Vic today that's ok, but the families ate in qld, so I am guessing we just stay in qld, gold coast is 70km from Indooroopilly.

My guess is that makes it less likely the Qld-Vic AFL corridor remains open.

I think it increases the risk we are relocated to Vic to play our final three games.

It also makes the scheduling of tomorrow’s Canberra home game in Qld even more farcical, assuming the game even goes ahead tomorrow.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back