Preview Rd 20: Changes against the Port - Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
What a 2nd half and what a win.

No injuries originally reported but Davis has gone to the hospital for a check up after catching a knock to his back.

Daniels playing his best game of the season and Whitfield (in my opinion) far and away B.O.G.

We also will/can welcome back TFG, Briggs, MDB and Stein after being in lockdown.

Is Cogs ok to return after a cautionary setback for this week?

Some big changes possible. Whose in, whose out and stuff it pass another drink. :beercheers:

Interesting selection conundrum this week. A good win, so normally no changes, but with Greene available will be a certain in, if Cogs is fit surely he comes back, but for who? And Mummy surely needs to be rested, with Briggs available that can happen.

We did struggle for the backup ruck, and Finlayson had a solid game in VFL (10 marks, 3 goals), so does he comes into contention? If Phil doesn't come up, does Stein get a chance?

I thought Ash had a good game - did what was asked in tagging Parish, then in the second half got a little more release. Hope we keep him, but presumably he's in danger of dropping out for Cogs if he returns. Bruhn presumably in the firing line for Toby. Thought Jesse was solid today, continues to improve each game.

TBH, I'd be a bit radical. I thought Taranto was down today - quite fumbly. I'd swap him out for a rest to bring Cogs back if he's ready.

So:
  • Greene in for Bruhn
  • Briggs in for Mummy
  • Coniglio in for Taranto (if Cogs is fit)
  • if Davis does not come up, Stein in for Davis.
Whitfield needs to play from half back; swap Ash onto a wing.

I wonder if they are considering Manuka for this game.i guess it depends on many things, including hos the sa government is treating Canberra/ act at the moment covid wise.Hopefully SA gets out of lockdown, and covid doesn't break out anywhere close to the ACT ( obviously I am wishing all of regional NSW well anyway).

Interesting selection conundrum this week. A good win, so normally no changes, but with Greene available will be a certain in, if Cogs is fit surely he comes back, but for who? And Mummy surely needs to be rested, with Briggs available that can happen.

We did struggle for the backup ruck, and Finlayson had a solid game in VFL (10 marks, 3 goals), so does he comes into contention? If Phil doesn't come up, does Stein get a chance?

I thought Ash had a good game - did what was asked in tagging Parish, then in the second half got a little more release. Hope we keep him, but presumably he's in danger of dropping out for Cogs if he returns. Bruhn presumably in the firing line for Toby. Thought Jesse was solid today, continues to improve each game.

TBH, I'd be a bit radical. I thought Taranto was down today - quite fumbly. I'd swap him out for a rest to bring Cogs back if he's ready.

So:
  • Greene in for Bruhn
  • Briggs in for Mummy
Good point all the way until you said dropping TT!

Ok.

Cogs for Ward(according to Leon they are still looking at giving him a break).
Greene for Bruhn (only because Daniels played the game of his life yesterday)
Briggs for Mummy
Stein for Davis (Give him a break, he looked very sore)

I still think Reid is a liability. But he played ok yesterday.

Ok.

Cogs for Ward(according to Leon they are still looking at giving him a break).
Greene for Bruhn (only because Daniels played the game of his life yesterday)
Briggs for Mummy
Stein for Davis (Give him a break, he looked very sore)

I still think Reid is a liability. But he played ok yesterday.
Probably all good moves

I just hated seeing Green in the ruck yesterday... esp in center bounces. I dunno how we fix that problem... Can stein take the role if he comes in?

Probably all good moves

I just hated seeing Green in the ruck yesterday... esp in center bounces. I dunno how we fix that problem... Can stein take the role if he comes in?

After watching the 2s I’m not convinced Dorsal goes back in yet and he is the only one I can think of.
Have no idea if Stein can, would be willing to give it a go.
Ward and Green never again in the ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So:
  • Greene in for Bruhn
  • Briggs in for Mummy
No way does Taranto get dropped. You can’t drop a guy for being a bit fumbly for 1 week.
I reckon Davis will be fine.
Bruhn or XOH out for Toby. Bruhn had some fantastic touches last night.
Whitfield will be permanent half back for remainder of season.

AFL tonight was suggesting Brisbane or Melbourne for the game, no mention of Canberra.

Probably wouldn't have allowed Canberra fans through the gate anyway.

Wishful thinking.

Kenners out with a hamstring.

opens up Cogs’ spot I suppose, gives a reprieve to either XOH or Bruhn (one out for Toby)

although if they were about to “manage” Ward last week, they might try again this week which would allow Cogs to slot in there.

another possible replacement for Kenners would be Peatling - great coming off half back, can handle wing and would be reward for some excellent form in the twos (great mark btw)

opens up Cogs’ spot I suppose, gives a reprieve to either XOH or Bruhn (one out for Toby)

although if they were about to “manage” Ward last week, they might try again this week which would allow Cogs to slot in there.

another possible replacement for Kenners would be Peatling - great coming off half back, can handle wing and would be reward for some excellent form in the twos (great mark btw)
Damn, Kenners never seems to catch a break!

I agree though that Peatling might be a chance to be a replacement. Peatling has struck me as having some Perryman traits and some Kennedy traits - so in the longer run I thought he might be Kenners' replacement. Hence a chance to see how he goes. But I agree that it might just be the excuse to get Cogs in and move Ash into Kenners' backline spot.

I'd certainly be keen to see how Peatling goes in first grade.

Our injury list continues to deliver pitch black comedy.

Kennedy has really surprised & impressed me in recent weeks, that is a serious loss.

I watched Peatling live vs PM VFL at BISP earlier this year.

He has potential, but he’s pretty raw and I just don’t think you can drop him into a season-defining game vs Top 4 oppo on debut.

His ‘kick to target’ can fail under extreme pressure. And we already make exiting D50 far harder than it should be.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Surely Briggs must come in to replace the heroic but battered Mummy.

That being the case, I would imagine Leon is going to want to play it very safe with selection elsewhere - going to his well-worn magnets on the board including MdB.

I suspect Phil shouldn’t play but courageously will, ‘19 GF style.

Which has me wondering if TOJ may be handed the substitutes vest as tall cover for losing Phil/Slammer or Briggs or Hogan/HH intra-game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back