PorcelainBus

Team Captain
Oct 21, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Freo, swan districts
funny I took it that the other way...presumed we would not be in the eight and therefore would go all seven against the eagles.
Funny - didn't say "i'll be on Freo" in the finals . . . rather 7 other teams ;)
Huh, your logic is illogical. On anyone BUT WC.
Sorry if i was wrong :( My apologies!! ANYONE but the bloody Eagles

Frigate

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Such a big week for us as a club.

I just wish we could change the media people that get to comment on Freo. It is an obvious hate agenda from particular 6pr reporters and one 720 reporter. I will stand up for Langdon though - I think he has been reasonable for some time. Even Barich is ok. Not much else though.

Where are we as a club after this win? We will most likely not make the 8, but we will be close. We have defeated many top 4 teams this year. Our blow outs have been minimised bar 2 games. We are going to get more than 10 wins for the year you would think. What is better though - not getting beaten by a wooden spoon team, or beating a top of the ladder team. We accomplished both this year - in true Docker style - Matt Price would be proud!

We should get 10 wins, and given the increasing injury list, there should be commentary on the positives - but somehow we are just dismissed.
We forget how important Sandi can be as a ruck. That was a super display - I thought he was good last week too.
Pearce is one of first 3 picked players, if not the first.
Taberner is our best marking tall.
Hogan is an A grade full forward.
S Hill is a and A grade line breaker - given we have not seen much of him.
Could add Logue and Blakely out for most. Lobb too. Now Wilson and Ryan. You have ins and outs, sure - but this has been a bad injury year and we are tracking ok considering IMO after that win.

I guess the feeling I have is relief. This win came from heart. We will not get that performance from that group often. We can find positives in everything. The effort was there, and it worked, but there was a time when it could have swung the other way.

One thing I will say, is that Blakely signing up is another feather in Bell's hat, and adds to the "Ross is a good boss" chat.

I am really stoked with that win. It will be an interesting game next week against the Saints. Headlines will be aplenty aplomb of much ado about nothing.

Last edited:

Bring back Drum

Mundy4Hundy
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Funny - didn't say "i'll be on Freo" in the finals . . . rather 7 other teams ;)

Sorry if i was wrong :( My apologies!! ANYONE but the bloody Eagles
👍🏼 Freo 1st & anyone who’s playing WC 2nd. Do enjoy watching the Cats attacking style of footy though, wishing we could produce the same consistently. Hopefully one day. Good luck in finals & yes, def on the Cats v WC.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Lets look at the guys that are out injured....

Lobb, Hogan, Cox, Tabs, Alex Pearce, Ryan, Wilson all out injured.

We scored 14.11.95 despite having Sean Darcy as our only tall forward as a ruckman and a few mids with walters and Matera.

Yep great win....

So much for getting 8 wins for the 3rd season in a row.....

Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I still can hardly believe it.

Two things really stood out for me.

Great game from Ethan Hughes. He was courageous, composed, read the play well, made good decisions and executed them well.

We had a forward 50 approach that suited the players we had available and we executed it well. We were quite efficient with the return from our entries, took a lot of marks inside 50 with a small forward line, and seemed to make space well inside 50. Well done to the coaching panel, big Sean for giving a great contest over and over, and the little guys for work rate and pressure.

muckypup

Club Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Bayswater Bowling & Rec Club
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The WACA's
Tim Kelly was looking pretty chummy with Walters & Hill post game.

Don't think people will be posting photos of that like they were with B Hill and Lyon from a few weeks ago though.
Did anyone actually rate his game? I thought he looked bored. Does what he needs to and not much else. Wouldn't be paying big $ for him thats for sure.

johnthegardener

Team Captain
Jan 14, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Lately I have been very critical of Cerra's speed however I was delighted to see him keeping up with Dangerfield today.Admittedly Dangerfield was bouncing the ball. I just hope that Cerra has now realised that he's really got to put in at all times.

FD2646

Premiership Player
Sep 11, 2008
Everywhere, anywhere
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth
Lately I have been very critical of Cerra's speed however I was delighted to see him keeping up with Dangerfield today.Admittedly Dangerfield was bouncing the ball. I just hope that Cerra has now realised that he's really got to put in at all times.
I liked his tackle on dangerfield in one passage of play - really smashed him into the ground and he appears deceptively strong. Also thought Logue was tough and hard with moments of speed and skill thrown in for good measure plus Sandi tapping it down the throat of fyfe and brayshaw a couple of times was a thing of beauty.

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
Cerra was very good yesterday, that was one of my main positives from the match. He hasn't looked like it for a while but yesterday there were similar signs to his breakout RS game last year. Seemed to really want to be involved and take the game on. He is a very classy mover.

Yep, looked very comfortable in Luke Ryan’s role.

Back