Rd 20 Preview / Discussion (dedicated to SavDog23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
20190804_213848.jpg

Lowest score was Sicily
Rolled the dice and left the C on Grundy over Gawn
Bontempelli saved me in a few leagues

May 4, 2015
South-East Melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Nuggets, Giants, Arsenal
2428 and down 89 spots to 199th.

The top100 dream is cooked. No Bont/Treloar this week and Sloane/Sicily/Salem all terrible.

Lost the qualifying so will focus on the semi next week.

EDIT: BF div 4 up to 9th! Well done fellas

Last edited:

GRUFFY

Club Legend
Dec 15, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
DRINKING CLUB OF AUSTRALIA MATE
After getting to 150th a few weeks ago I'm now falling bad. No trades left has cost me. Next year ( I say this every year) will be less manic trades, at least no split bye rounds will help. Can't believe I fell for Cunnington. That's it for me everyone, have a good finish to those up there. See you next year. Thanks for the forum, I enjoy taking part here because of all your good sense of humour, which is more than I can say about elsewhere.

2531 took the safety of the Gawn VC.

Bont and Macrae brought home the bacon on Sunday :pignose: :pignose:.

Got a super tought game next week in my important league.
Like 6 players different.No 7 players diff
Scilly stewart and Rich vs Whitfield basha and rampe.
Neale Bont vs TT and Rocky.Plus MCrouch vs Gaff.
Gray vs Walters.

Prob comes down to captain choice or Sicily bends me over Friday night and its all over :moustache::eggplant:.

Also thou to 4 PFs in 2 weekz.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Fantasy footy is a hard slog this time of year despite the crazy high scoring. You score your highest or second highest round scores for the entire season yet somehow still fall down the rankings in all 3 formats. It's like merely holding your previous weeks ranking is a win right now. Crappy win, but still a win. Just one or two sub-par scores undoes any advantage of 10 huge scores. Should have joined a few cashies, at least those people have something meaningful to play for the next 3 weeks. Bring on 2020. 🌈

May 10, 2007
Under the table
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Happy with a 2542, but my season in BF Divvy 7 is SO snake-bittern it's ridiculous. Missed finals, so playing the non-final BS thing, get second top score in the league (better than any of the teams in the finals), and yet happen to be playing the dude that top scores with 2572. FFS.

Finally having Dusty, Gray and Mrouch as relative PODs works out.

May 4, 2015
South-East Melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Nuggets, Giants, Arsenal
Fantasy footy is a hard slog this time of year despite the crazy high scoring. You score your highest or second highest round scores for the entire season yet somehow still fall down the rankings in all 3 formats. It's like merely holding your previous weeks ranking is a win right now. Crappy win, but still a win. Just one or two sub-par scores undoes any advantage of 10 huge scores. Should have joined a few cashies, at least those people have something meaningful to play for the next 3 weeks. Bring on 2020. 🌈
Have to be in cashies imo. I’ve been hard slogging on finishing top 100 all season but now that I believe that is out of the question I’ll focus solely on winning Tragics 2. (Already have total points prize sewn up as 2nd is 500 points behind)

Been a fun year nonetheless!

Good post AB and can totally relate.

Since running out of trades weeks ago, I felt I had a solid team with decent depth for the run home. Despite the ensuing weekly carnage I’ve watched teams with donuts easily outscore my full squad, my PODs now failing whilst those I root against weekly (eg Bont Oliver ZWilliams etc) continually firing which has subsequently resulted in a ranking slip from 41st > 256th in a matter of weeks. The thrill of being in position for a serious tilt at the top has quickly evaporated to now just feeling meh and struggling to hold a top 500 finish, which in essence is a great result but I just can’t help but feel disappointed from where I was.

Still 3 weeks to go I know but I’m already looking ahead to 2020. I miss the weekly head farq of trades!

May 7, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
49érs, SF Giants, GS Warriors
Pretty pissed off with myself.

One bad week due to my own stupidity by not putting the E on Grundy has really put a dampener on my season plus a few spud scores from Logue and Clarke filling in for injured players.

Was ranked inside top 400 last week but is now ranked 1180

My goal of finishing in the top 500 is now gone.

The next 3 rounds are going to be a hard slog as I am lacking motivation.

Well, that was a terrible week.

Scored a poultry 2,400 and slid 33 spots to sit ranked 76th overall. Most annoying part is I lost 4/5 of my main cash leagues, and even now with the double chance in the semi-finals I'm projected to lose. It's almost as if finals comes and every other team is now SP loaded, whilst my team suddenly turns to shyte despite dominating all year. So frustrating. :drunk:

Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 12.41.56 pm.png

Here is my team. If anyone has any recommendations as to how I can use my last trade, I would love some advice.

At this stage, hopefully Kelly comes back otherwise he will go for either Bont or Treloar, as my opponents have both of them and I need to limit the potential damage. Sloane is firmly on my never again list after I made the mistake of getting him yet again - two years after I vowed to never get him again when he was tagged out of games on a week to week basis the week I traded him in. I have $70k so unfortunately can't trade Mundy to anyone half decent around the $501k mark.

Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 12.46.55 pm.png

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2017
Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast
2442 for me this week, I fell out of the top 2k... feck it...I have been hovering around this rank since the byes and cant seem to make up any ground.

Must of been some huge scores from you kents as I fell 300 odd spots.

Goal now is to finish top 2k and better last years rank of 1725...2 trades left for a Ruck or Defence injury.

Hoping for some Ruck carnage, sorry lads but that looks like the only way to make up any ground on you splendid kents.

You know you're season has turned to s**t when the bloke in your team averaging 123 since you traded him in, gets dropped for poor form

* you Ken. I hope Port finish 9th. Actually scrap that, I hope they finish 8th then cop a beating by the Tigers at the G or GWS in Sydney. Actually scrap that again, a 1 point loss in an elimination final after a string of terrible umpiring decisions.

May 7, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
49érs, SF Giants, GS Warriors
You know you're season has turned to s**t when the bloke in your team averaging 123 since you traded him in, gets dropped for poor form

fu** you Ken. I hope Port finish 9th. Actually scrap that, I hope they finish 8th then cop a beating by the Tigers at the G or GWS in Sydney. Actually scrap that again, a 1 point loss in an elimination final after a string of terrible umpiring decisions.
Lol

I can always be content knowing that Collingwood are not the real magpies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back