Autopsy Rd 20 vs Fremantle @ Subiaco

Remove this Banner Ad

That's because the Lions have known all year that they won't play finals & are putting their next finals players in & around each other - development & supporter hope. The are doing it so well & so are Carlton.
Do our coaches think we could play finals this year - please.. Are they doing the right thing by our club?
Lemmons, Sexton, Miller, Rosa, Saad have played all year despite their form.
As a starting midfielder/ meters gained, Miller has had over 10 kicks once since around 6 & only over 10 3 times this year - 10, 10, 12. He had 4 kicks last night, 8 last week, 5 the other week & some 2 kick games a month or so ago.
Is he in our future midfield?
Scrim needs to stay in & around May.
Bowes need to get onto his wing now.
Brodie needs to get in & dirty with Spitta, Lyons, Fiorni as a our future midfield.
Ainsworth needs to stay deep forward coming up to the ball with his leap & then throw onto the ball for 5 mins.
Martin needs to settle in back half & use his class coming out.
Give us hope & a future to look forward to. Be fair to us & our players.

Be careful with criticism of Touk Miller GoSuns.

Bowes traveled over as well View attachment 400150
Spindles said he was picked on Tuesday.
I would of thought giving Brodie opportunity to develop in the midfield would have been a move for our future. Hall, GAJ, Handley our starting mids last night. 30 ish. Hall & Handley are not inside mids.
Bowes should have taken Rosa's wing as well.
You can see how kids get disappointed with not being given a go & look to move - Caddy, Prestia, Omeara

Why is that?
I am not sure a midfielder with 2,4,5 kicks in a game can be sustained.
Maybe he needs to take Lemmons role.

I criticised Miller a few weeks ago and was barraged by a group of my fans in here

I agree with you I'm disappointed in him this year,he looks slow, he gets beat with ease one on one and his tackling is poor.

Was expecting so much more from him after some heroic efforts last year.

I criticised Miller a few weeks ago and was barraged by a group of my fans in here

I agree with you I'm disappointed in him this year,he looks slow, he gets beat with ease one on one and his tackling is poor.

Was expecting so much more from him after some heroic efforts last year.
Based on his game he is not part of our future midfield.
It is
Swallow
Lyons
Fiorini
Brodie
Bowes
Ainsworth in bursts.
Martin in bursts.
Get them around each other now.

Touk needs to become our small forward or maybe take over from Harbs.

You can see how kids get disappointed with not being given a go & look to move - Caddy, Prestia, Omeara
Sorry but Caddy played 20 straight games after recovering from the injury in his first year and Prestia and OCockface where walk up best 22 before their injuries and left for mega deals

It is
Swallow
Lyons
Fiorini
Brodie
Bowes
Ainsworth in bursts.
Martin in bursts.

Agree to an extent on Touk. In his own words he is a good solid team player who has the occasional breakout game. He is a support player, a role player, but not a leading midfielder. Would like to put him in the Lemmens role...still trying to figure out what it is? I really want to like this midfield but when compared to the other better midfields in the competition it looks to be missing somethings. If this is the midfield we will run with in the future I feel concerned.

It is
Swallow
Lyons
Fiorini
Brodie
Bowes
Ainsworth in bursts.
Martin in bursts.

You need experience around these players. It sounds good on paper but they fatigue too quickly. Rosa will never be a world beater but we need his experience. On another note, i know we are sick of saying it but the injuries are making a difference. If Brisbane were missing Beams, Rich and Rockliff there kids would fall apart the same way are ones are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back