Autopsy Rd 21 Blues luck dries up in the wet

Who played well for the Blues in Round 21 against the Tigers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We will be right next year. Want to watch Teague’s presser but hopefully it hasn’t dampened his spirits or chance for the gig.
What do you want to see out of the presser? It will all be about the coaching job and not the game. So frustrating, I would like to hear about the game and what went wrong, how we fixed it etc.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Bad luck blues.
A bit more poise and we had them. Have to remember we are still young and need preseasons .
I applaud our players for attacking the football hard all day while the opposition played scaredy cat footy with a lot of favouritism involved.

Last edited:
Hope Reiwoldt gets suspended.

The umpires were embarrassing. The commentary with two Richmond players ridiculous. Just beyond bias.

We did well effort wise. I still don't think McGovern should have played this year. He can't run out games.

DeLuca has some good touches. JSOS effort is insane. Loved Jones and Weitering and our defence as a whole was good. Our midfield defensively were really off at stages in the game.

Our forward line isn't functioning. McKay can't get near it and is often just overwhelmed by the odds.

The effort in the 2nd half was great.
Deluca, Gibbons, Fisher were way off the standard and nous required to compete with the best small men in the comp.
Carlton is more than Coniglio and Papley away from being a top 4 side. We still need to hit the draft to build midfield depth.
Simpson, thomas, sps, kreuz were good today.

Disappointing to be so thoroughly outplayed with them missing Martin & Cotchin. But overall not a horrible effort.

The wet helped them big time.

It's perfect for their surging style of play...meanwhile we rely more on kick/marks and we often handball backwards to go forwards, which isn't suited to wet conditions.

The 3rd quarter was when it was the most dry and i don't think it's a coincidence that was our best quarter where we started to get the game on our terms.

Hope Reiwoldt gets suspended.

The umpires were embarrassing. The commentary with two Richmond players ridiculous. Just beyond bias.

We did well effort wise. I still don't think McGovern should have played this year. He can't run out games.

DeLuca has some good touches. JSOS effort is insane. Loved Jones and Weitering and our defence as a whole was good. Our midfield defensively were really off at stages in the game.

Our forward line isn't functioning. McKay can't get near it and is often just overwhelmed by the odds.
Who is the 2nd Richmond commentator? Grigg and?

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Structure is still hard to watch - we don’t even try to use the middle.
McKay has been down for a long time.
Umpiring was frustrating for both teams. Some shocking calls.

Overall, it’s far more enjoyable watching us these days for the fact we always seem to be a threat of a late win.. but lots of work left to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good test against a well drilled opponent in awful conditions. A real missed opportunity in the end.

Passed the test: Gibbons, JSOS, SPS, Cripps, Jones, Weitering, Thomas, Simpson, Murph, Plow, Ed. McGovern worked his way into the game.

Exposed: Fisher, Lang, umpires. The last goal to Richmond was laughable.

Much like the loss to Hawthorn, the encouraging efforts of the past fortnight will be for nothing if we don't deliver against Stain Kilda next week.

Fell 402 points short of what I originally wanted in a 374 point win.....

Didn’t give up

Never gave in

16 points was the margin in my eyes

They are a good footy team, no shame in losing to a better side

First half was s**t, second half we broke even.

Too many missed shots

Trying conditions

Blues beanie still on, pants on

Still love you Carlton

No you hang up

Structure is still hard to watch - we don’t even try to use the middle.
McKay has been down for a long time.
Umpiring was frustrating for both teams. Some shocking calls.

Overall, it’s far more enjoyable watching us these days for the fact we always seem to be a threat of a late win.. but lots of work left to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was way too wet to go through the middle today mate.

McLovin's goal and jumper pull was my highlight of the day. Now officially one of my favourites, poor in the first half, did stand up A lot more in the 2nd half.

Umpiring and negative posters here are my lowlights of the game, we really pushed the premiership favourites hard in the 2nd half,and some here moan that we got slaughtered by General Custer.

The 2nd half is honestly a true reflection of Teague Footy, not the admittedly mediocre first 60 minutes..

A couple more pieces to add, and we should be good to go next season.

Apologies for venting earlier, didn't help when my wife was giggling about my commentary in the other room. Anyway, great game from Jones, he is getting better and better, Weiters looked confident and took his marks. Murphy poor first half but lifted in the second. How Cripps got nothing really confounds me. MM looks better for the time off. Simmo has to play on. Walsh.....love this kid. Anyway, should have been narrower, but pushed the in form team to the last ten minutes. Well done Baggers.

Commentators on the radio said it shouldn’t have been paid. Absolute bulls**t by the umps today.
Ultimately out skills let us down, but still disappointing to cop some poor decisons.

My god the commentators today led by the CEO's brother were so soft on the umpires...refused to question them at all.

At least someone like Ling at times will straight up say the umpire got it wrong and made an error.

Allowing that goal at the end is a joke.

Back