Autopsy Rd 21 Blues turn to jelly when the F word is mentioned

Who played well for the Blues in Round 21 vs the Suns?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Incredibly hard to decipher what is going wrong at Carlton at this stage.

On the Teague talking point.

Is he a good coach, with incredible inconsistent and conditional players? It's not obvious to me that there is a clear answer to this. I'm fighting some bias here as in my mind, rightly or wrongly, I perceive Teague as showing insufficient flexibility and adaptability. Not none, but insufficient.

Is Teague a good coach but the wrong coach for our current needs? This seems plausible, but again, no obvious answer.

Are our players capable of being a top 4-8 team? Very complex question, with a lot of the variables sitting with the coach, as well as a broader cultural context, both in house and out.

Is Teague a bad head coach? Impossible to say from the outside.

I, like others, have pondered the benefits of an authoritative (not authoritarian) coach, but even this is complex.

Let's say an authoritarian coach is more effective for the average team, in terms of personality, and talent. What's to say we are even reflective of an average team?

I am now realising I have spent many paragraphs saying not much I'm regards to a way forwards, but I do hope it opens more good faith discussion, which feels alien to what looks like a very divisive, and pretty forum at times.

We all love our dear club. We get hot. We get nasty. But we are all here. It is and it isn't "just a game". Are our partners just a wife? Just a husband? Just a significant other? Obviously this club offers all of us meaning and connection, or its not obvious to me that we'd even be on a random forum that for some of literally googled for a place to find peers.

Not sure how I turned that into some shoddy attempt at peace bearing. You can all go * yourselves. I don't even like any of you.

Big love.

Gold Coast are a very young and talented team that like many young and developing teams are inconsistent.. They smashed Richmond here a couple of months ago, and pushed the Dogs a fortnight ago.

And they are getting another priority (end of first round) draft pick this year too.

In 2 years time and with a bette coach, they are going to be a Jugganaut. And they had the luxury of dropping Flanders and Rankine too.

We are not the only team in the next few years to get carved up like a Christmas Goose by these Suns.

Over the loss now, no point dwelling on negatives too much mate. Reckon the lockdown is making a lot of us testy/on edge, which is understandable
Gold coast have a list of potential and i think quite a good coach in Dew,dont forget get they lost their Ruck and Rowell early...they probably would be a bit in front of us on the ladder, they were tipped for the 8 this year ahead of us and we saw that in the loss with the Suns working hard and efficiently.
their list is locked in for a couple more years so we will see possibly more success from them in the next two yrs..:)

Gold coast have a list of potential and i think quite a good coach in Dew,dont forget get they lost their Ruck and Rowell early...they probably would be a bit in front of us on the ladder, they were tipped for the 8 this year ahead of us and we saw that in the loss with the Suns working hard and efficiently.
their list is locked in for a couple more years so we will see possibly more success from them in the next two yrs..:)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I know your strategy ..

Create some completely irrelevant argument - like it mattered whether Skull tipped a win or a loss, or whether it was after a win or a loss ... Completely irrelevant.

Secondly, push that irrelevant argument further by applying the win/loss prediction to me as well (FWIW, I said 'we're playing with finals on the line, we'll lose' .. would you like the screenshots with my mates?).... Why does it matter? It doesn't... Irrelevant argument... again..

Thirdly, use this irrelevant argument like the entire case depends on it... so childish.

The strategy is to try and divert from your own moronic, head-in-sand positions based on some flawed feeling of self-righteousness for being positive in the face of a very different reality ... which, from what I can tell, you carried all through our losses from last year as well (when you were certain we'd be playing finals in 2021, no less) ... needless to say, those losses were also when finals were on the line...

Sits somewhere between arrogant, pathetic and childish... So, cheers to you :beercheers:

You wouldn't hav a clue what I think

Personally, I think you are a troll account

Just about everyone associated with Carlton is made to sound like a pariah after a loss these days. I'm waiting for the day that Captain Carlton and Navy Nina start being blamed for our woes, were running out of people to blame.
OMG.
I had forgotten about them.
This needs investigation.
They have been at the club for a long time now and have been virtually invisible on game day this year.
If you wear the uniform, you'd better perform.
Disgraceful.

It's the internet. We're not protecting anything in particular here. As long as things said aren't racist/insulting/personally harmful... just let it slide, lol.

Carlton sucks, arr0w can never admit or consider being wrong/inaccurate, thylacine60 is ancient, that's it, these are all facts.

No, but we can engage in targeting and it's all kosher yeah

There are huge differences between opinion and fact, let's discuss all of it

OMG.
I had forgotten about them.
This needs investigation.
They have been at the club for a long time now and have been virtually invisible on game day this year.
If you wear the uniform, you'd better perform.
Disgraceful.

No doubt they will both be “rewarded” with a 6 year contract extension!

It's also important to acknowledge that not all strongly held personal beliefs are indeed facts. Otherwise, absolutely.

I love your work Arrow but you have to draw the bigger bow when you get nipped. Just don't engage and it all goes away. Your insight is fantastic and you don't have to justify it. Readers will figure out what's what.
(Just my take)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold Coast are a very young and talented team that like many young and developing teams are inconsistent.. They smashed Richmond here a couple of months ago, and pushed the Dogs a fortnight ago.

And they are getting another priority (end of first round) draft pick this year too.

In 2 years time and with a bette coach, they are going to be a Jugganaut. And they had the luxury of dropping Flanders and Rankine too.

We are not the only team in the next few years to get carved up like a Christmas Goose by these Suns.

Over the loss now, no point dwelling on negatives too much mate. Reckon the lockdown is making a lot of us testy/on edge, which is understandable
They beat Richmond by 10 points. Hardly a smashing. A smashing is the 98 points they lost by to Melbourne last week. Gold Coast may come good in the future but this week
they were on their knees and we should have put them away. We need to stop making excuses. We should have won yesterday. The fact we can’t seem to win these games is a massive issue that needs addressing.

They beat Richmond by 10 points. Hardly a smashing. A smashing is the 98 points they lost by to Melbourne last week. Gold Coast may come good in the future but this week
they were on their knees and we should have put them away. We need to stop making excuses. We should have won yesterday. The fact we can’t seem to win these games is a massive issue that needs addressing.

Yep. We have been an utter failure this season and the most disappointing team in the competition.

... in 1996.

There's a pretty substantial list of things that have happened since 1996. Has footy undergone a fair few transformations since that day he turned up at Adelaide?
Yes the game has certainly changed but standards our still standards and winning is still about common habits being engrained in a group and repeated .. let's not over complicate it all -- yes the old fashioned spray may be a thing of past but winning standards and habits are still the overall ingredient ..

Teams tend to go win loss win loss a bit when on the cusp of that transition to hard winning culture. The opposition is irelevant to that trend I feel.
And no I arent being ultra positive nor making excuses.

LOL. Hard winning culture.

Teams tend to go win loss win loss a bit when on the cusp of that transition to hard winning culture. The opposition is irelevant to that trend I feel.
And no I arent being ultra positive nor making excuses.
Reasonable point.
Same could be said about transitioning to the opposite as well.
I hope we haven’t peaked :cool:

Back