Autopsy Rd 21 Blues turn to jelly when the F word is mentioned

Who played well for the Blues in Round 21 vs the Suns?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus. How would you know the sun is a star made of plasma?

How would you know how hot the surface of venus is?

******* observation combined with experience. The defence of the reasonable and well explained with 'nyer how would you know' is tiresome.

I explained it perfectly well and have multiple times. Nothing I've said is outlandish and some of what I've said is based on what people in the industry have told me and other of what I say is based on personal experience as a player and Coach in elite pathways.

'How would. You know its culture
How would you know its effort
How would you know its preparation'

Mate, then what is it. We aren't having a review for no reason. If you can't see that or don't want to allow discussion about these things then idk what to tell you.
I arent saying your wrong.
Just a question if its fact or opinion. For all I know your in the thick of it.
I sure would like to know the answers to all of it.

Nature of that poster. He could debate what I've said and try to say how the inconsistencies in performance are down to something else but he won't.
I dont get much into those discussions because its upsetting enough already waiting since 1995 and its not good for my well being to get that emotional over it. So I just try to find the irony and funny things.

I dont get much into those discussions because its upsetting enough already waiting since 1995 and its not good for my well being to get that emotional over it. So I just try to find the irony and funny things.

Everyone deals with things in a way that's best for them. I also find that not letting it get to you is greatly helped by keeping a sense of humour about it all. One thing I do agree with that one of our past coaches said, never let yourself get too high and never too low.

Caught me at the wrong time then.

I'm not involved with Carlton but I'm involved in elite sport, have a close mate employed at a footy club and another at a different one. I generally don't share anything at all I hear from them but cultural and preparation issues are something I've heard.

I really do wonder about this one.

Russel is considered best AFL practice if not one of the best in Australia. He's been a part of flags the entire time he's been involved with AFL. I simply cannot understand how things have seemingly almost gotten worse with him here; it's not consistent with his career or results to this point.

Something is going on here. At some point, he'll release a ghost-written autobiography and we'll find out then what went on, but until then all we have is a list cruelled by injury and a playing group who don't seem to have their head straight.
No point having the best if you ignore their advice.

What is the difference between 'fact' and 'opinion' to a discussion?

Typically people challenging opinions - don't like them because they have no rational response to the opinions they disagree with of dont like hearing so they try and belittle 'opinion' as not being 'fact' - which as has been pointed out to you is just a tad counter productive.

I' m more interested in opinions on the forum than facts - facts are easy for everyone to agree on - fact Suns just ended any chance of Carlton playing finals - big deal - opinion is where different POV are expressed - food for thought and interesting looking at the world from different perspectives.

No one passes off opinion as facts... Think it's more how people want to interpret it...

That's your opinion, mine differs, leave it at that. have seen it plenty of times. If you state something that just isn't true you can't call it an opinion.

Last edited:
That's your opinion, mine differs, leave it at that. have seen it plenty of times.
It is an opinion forum, even ITK is just an informed opinion...
Unless a poster claims something as fact, then it really no more than how people want to interpret a post...

Not you...
But some other posters, have used this argument just to try and justify attacking posters... Which in my opinion is poor form...

Happy to leave it at that, Gab :thumbsupv1:

It is an opinion forum, even ITK is just an informed opinion...
Unless a poster claims something as fact, then it really no more than how people want to interpret a post...

Not you...
But some other posters, have used this argument just to try and justify attacking posters... Which in my opinion is poor form...

Happy to leave it at that, Gab :thumbsupv1:

Blue wasn't attacking anyone, he was asking whether a very definitive statement that was made was opinion or fact, I sometimes ask people for clarification myself as the manner they post in makes it appear they are stating fact. That's not so that I can have a go at them, it's to have some clarity for myself.

There are some though that just make stuff up to suit an agenda, thankfully not many.

The best thing is that we can disagree on one thing and then agree on another. That's why I don't take differences of opinion personally.

Cheers.

Everyone deals with things in a way that's best for them. I also find that not letting it get to you is greatly helped by keeping a sense of humour about it all. One thing I do agree with that one of our past coaches said, never let yourself get too high and never too low.
Yeah, that's all well and good but what if the drugs stop working?

What is the difference between 'fact' and 'opinion' to a discussion?

Typically people challenging opinions - don't like them because they have no rational response to the opinions they disagree with of dont like hearing so they try and belittle 'opinion' as not being 'fact' - which as has been pointed out to you is just a tad counter productive.

I' m more interested in opinions on the forum than facts - facts are easy for everyone to agree on - fact Suns just ended any chance of Carlton playing finals - big deal - opinion is where different POV are expressed - food for thought and interesting looking at the world from different perspectives.
Is that a serious question mate?
I would have thought a world of difference, maybe I am odd.

Anyone can have any opinion they choose and very often a different one shapes our own a bit differently. That is a great thing. The only issue I see is when its presented as if its fact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

people saying the season was over even as early as round 2 is hindsight? It was the eagles game that told me the season was over (but was hugely concerned after the round 2 performance i saw live - only game i saw live)

How many times would you like to post it?

We were still alive before the North game then once again before the GC game.

The poster in question came in after every game we unexpectedly lost, claiming the season was over.

After winning 3 of 4, not a ******* word

Last edited:
How many times would you like to post it?

We were still alive before the North game then once again before the GC game.

The poster in question came in after every game we unexpectedly lost, claiming the season was over.

After winning 3 of 4, not a ******* word

So what you are saying is they were correct......and so were quite a few others....

thanks for acknowledging :thumbsupemoji:

Gold Coast are a very young and talented team that like many young and developing teams are inconsistent.. They smashed Richmond here a couple of months ago, and pushed the Dogs a fortnight ago.

And they are getting another priority (end of first round) draft pick this year too.

In 2 years time and with a bette coach, they are going to be a Jugganaut. And they had the luxury of dropping Flanders and Rankine too.

We are not the only team in the next few years to get carved up like a Christmas Goose by these Suns.

Over the loss now, no point dwelling on negatives too much mate. Reckon the lockdown is making a lot of us testy/on edge, which is understandable

So if Gold Coast is a good team then who is a bad team?

North? But they beat us and have a stronger midfield than us. Plus they beat beaten West Coast away.

The Hawks? They played well against us and have some scalps this season including drawing with the team on top of the ladder as well as beating the Sydney Lions and Giants.

Collingwood? They’ve had a poor year but they beat us handily. Beat Melbourne and West Cost and came within one point of both Brisbane and Port.

Adelaide? They started stronger than expected and have beaten Geelong and Melbourne.

Maybe we are the bad team? We don’t have any scalps…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

North? But they beat us and have a stronger midfield than us. Plus they beat beaten West Coast away.

The Hawks? They played well against us and have some scalps this season including drawing with the team on top of the ladder as well as beating the Sydney Lions and Giants.

Collingwood? They’ve had a poor year but they beat us handily. Beat Melbourne and West Cost and came within one point of both Brisbane and Port.

Adelaide? They started stronger than expected and have beaten Geelong and Melbourne.

If they keep their young core together, they will be a powerhouse within 3 years imo.

Doesn't excuse our slack performance, but look at the luxury of their young depth when they can afford to drop Rankine and Flanders.

If they get a decent coach up there, it's going to be a nightmare for the rest of the comp.

Our loss to Norf was far more shocking imo.

So what you are saying is they were correct......and so were quite a few others....

thanks for acknowledging :thumbsupemoji:

Can you tell me now who will be coach, how many games we will lose, who we lose to, what round it will occur next year? Or maybe we will state it early after we lose a game

I guess those calling for Weitering to be traded for a 2nd rounder, deleted their account, because they couldn't say I told you so

This is a little silly. On any given day, any team can beat any team.

We've played s**t footy at times this year. We've played decent footy at times this year. Barring our worst football of the season in a final term against WB, we'd have their scalp; we've won more games than the teams you mention above. We beat Fremantle twice, yet people kept insisting that we were behind them. We beat Essendon despite them having gone past us :)rolleyes:).

Do we really, truly need to come up with additional reasons why we're shithouse?

If you want to feel disappointed by this year it's not so onerous a task that you need to go searching for it. Just rewatch the game against North or GC or Collingwood or WC.

Any team that doesn't win the flag is by definition a loser; the success condition of AFL is a 1 in 18 proposition. At some point, the club will sort out our injury problems and the football department will cease in their self sabotage, and we'll still be a loser until we win a flag.

No team in the history of AFL/VFL has ever gone through the year undefeated.

Back