Game Day Rd 21 - Brisbane @ Optus

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the guys can get over the emotion after last week's win and refocus. Since we were a top 4 team under ross we haven't been able to back up after a strong or a emotional win. We have struggled the following week hence the inconsistency over the past 5 years.

Hopefully today that changes.

Great to have alex pearce back as well that should help limit the lions fwd line

Urgh, not sure any more....the shellacking from the Geelong game really dented my confidence, we've been erratic all year....decimated once again by cruel injuries, odd form and a Covid landscape that roams around like a deranged razorback; hardly being able to string consecutive wins as we go.......proper hard to predict. We could turn up and get absolutely belted, we could force ourselves over the line with a narrow win (oh god!) or we could bottle last week's confidence and dish it out.....completely unknown!! What is it Sweetback likes to say - we'll either win, lose or draw! o_O:huh:

I just don't know and my faith has been shaken enough not to have confidence, but as George Michael once noted, you gotta have faith. So I'm plumbing for a win as all 'overly-optimistic' fans do. Freo by 15 *sweaty palms* haha

weather in Albany is good too, so hopefully weather in Pa-eerth is decent too. I think our style is better suited to a dry deck, but again it's never a guarantee we'll play our best 'futbawl', as the Scottish would say

Most important Freo game since the last Carlton match. So you know what that means...

We're pooping bricks the size of terrace houses! I wasn't feeling too bad until you mentioned this. Might be time to see a psychiatrist :eek:

Having a dip into the game day thread for once, might do something weird and post positive thoughts throughout the match, crazy right!?!?

In saying that though, wet game, versing experienced team, they have top 4 on the line while we have the top 8, the build up from last week and the importance of this match.
We all know where this leads... Expectations are low but if our young midfield can back up the pressure from last week it will give us a sniff at least!
Hopefully some more Tabs and Shultz brilliance to get the crowd roaring and breath life into the lads!

Head says Lions by 19
Heart says Freo by 9
The rest of my body says I should see a therapist for these mixed emotions and this weird feeling of having a chance at finals

Having a dip into the game day thread for once, might do something weird and post positive thoughts throughout the match, crazy right!?!?

In saying that though, wet game, versing experienced team, they have top 4 on the line while we have the top 8, the build up from last week and the importance of this match.
We all know where this leads... Expectations are low but if our young midfield can back up the pressure from last week it will give us a sniff at least!
Hopefully some more Tabs and Shultz brilliance to get the crowd roaring and breath life into the lads!

Head says Lions by 19
Heart says Freo by 9
The rest of my body says I should see a therapist for these mixed emotions and this weird feeling of having a chance at finals

Is it definitely going to be wet?! I haven't checked any forecasts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Close games till the Third, then Freo to power away in the last 5 mins of the third. We blow them out of the water in the 4th as the travel wears them out.

Freo by 35, Tracey with 5.

Massive game for Freo, after so many missed chances I can't believe we are still in the hunt for a finals spot and with the Derby and the Saints to finish a win today.... but I've been a Freo fan for too long and I am expecting bad things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back