Autopsy Rd 21: Freo go down in a close one

Remove this Banner Ad

For what it's worth King Tenz and arsesmart basically every single new accounts first post is approved by me and I cant say I remember too many cases where I've thought it could possibly be a bot or shill. You will get more accounts with little posts around trade time because trade time gets the most interaction from people rather than the weekly grind of games
At least we've got someone to blame now...

I thought JL coached that last few minutes quite well tbh.

We lined up with Henry off half back, Cox on the wing at attacking edge of the square and both darted forwards.

Was good to see some change ups like that. It's what we did when chasing the game against North in round 2 if I recall correctly.

For what it's worth King Tenz and arsesmart basically every single new accounts first post is approved by me and I cant say I remember too many cases where I've thought it could possibly be a bot or shill. You will get more accounts with little posts around trade time because trade time gets the most interaction from people rather than the weekly grind of games
So you’re the Bot???

1691380917307.jpeg

Young is a superstar, but needs to build his tank. He was cooked from halfway through the 3rd quarter. We lost ascendancy in the midfield when he needed more time on the bench. One preseason and he’s starting mid for me. He’s genuinely strong, contested beast, difficult to shift, and tackles / crumples opposing mids. We’ve missed Mundy all year for his strength in the contest. JOM has been a massive disappointment who I think ends up outside our 22 by next season. When he went into the midfield as Young gassed out, Brisbane started to get going.

Key defender is now a critical weakness. Alex Pearce is so hot and cold. One week 10 coaches votes, the next dropping uncontested marks (sun in his eyes?) 10m out from goal. Cox is not much better, completely misread a ball and allowed Ah Chee an uncontested mark. Cox is very reliant on a solid preseason. Perhaps he’ll mature this off-season. It still blows my mind a 24 year old skateboards, and obviously not that well, because he injured himself.

Switta / JOM / Walters / Aish are starting to play themselves out of the 22. At their age and experience to turn up 1 in 4 games is unacceptable.

Trajectory of Sturt, Henry, Erasmus is encouraging. Johnson has stagnated, needs a preseason. Johnson started the year amazingly well and I think the long season has caught up with him.

Looking forward to 2024.
what people aren't noticing though is AP had a slight amount of front on contact. noramlly not an issue. but when leaning back already and going back with the flight on the ball it did become an issue.

I was wrong about Young moving into the midfield, didn’t think his game translated as well but he’s a breath of fresh of air in the their, particularly how strong over the ball he is.

Does make me very upset Chapman has the injury issues he has, I’m convinced one of these two would have been in there much earlier if he was healthy and I’ll stick with thinking Chappy has potential to be even better than Young in there
i know what you mean hes taller, more athletic and runs with the ball.

Thanks SPEEDWAGON for steering us delightfully close to politics off of news that hasnt even happened yet. If that announcement actually happens then we can relax the no politics rule SLIGHTLY in that specific thread. Until then, we'll move on
thanks snuff

im happy with the team and think we are going to the next level next season.

brisbane playing for a top 2 spot, that was a must win

I said corbett had his moment, not plural, didn't give him much more than that.

Henry was more damaging today than he was against the Bombers, his original breakout game.

It's all relative, you're allowed to judge players differently dependent on past performance. Serong and Erasmus have had better games than that this year. Their decision making was frustrating

He was far more damaging against Essendon than he was yesterday, that's not even an opinion it's just a fact.

6 coaches votes against Essendon

0 coaches votes against Brisbane

It appears that nothing has come of the “umpire contact” on Walters.

Fair enough, all in the scramble for the ball, play on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just think the team needed to do the basics better, and there is a bit of knowing our leading patterns in the forward line. In the first quarter especially, there would be a lead either towards the ball carrier or back towards goal, and the player with the ball would choose the wrong place to put it.

Also missed a few hand balls, kicks behind, body checking etc when in the clear.

Otherwise I thought a good performance - probably a little bit uneven in that some players contributed more than others.

49 - Jackson
42 - Gawn
35 - English
I would've thought English would be much higher than that. Been dominating the SuperCoach/Fantasy scores all year, I guess that doesn't always translate to coaches votes and overall impact on a game.

At the game, Raz played near us and we saw a still very young player take on the game pretty impressively. In the action & for the most part disposing well. A good pickup for us.
His kicking reminds me of Henry at the start of the year, just taking that extra time to make his decision of where to kick and by that point it's so obvious what he's doing the opposition is able to close it down.

It'll come good, he's improved hugely as the years gone on.

Counter case: he plays for Freo.
I'm kinda saddened people in here are so surprised at how many votes he's gotten and where he sits amongst other rucks / KPPS (only Curnow has more I believe), I think even on this board his year has been undervalued.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back