Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Well, without an official injury list out, we're in the dark about Charlie. Martin, Nicholls, and Charlie all chances to play on the weekend. Thompson likely to return as well.

OUT: J Hall, Nicholls (pending fitness), Harbrow

IN: Thompson, Smith (if Nicholls doesn't come up), Stanley

Harbrow needs to learn to dispose of the ball effectively, because he's a total liability. He won't get dropped though, because he and Rocket * each other in the back room. J Hall omitted, and Nicholls out injured.

Stanley really needs a run in the 1s imo - would love to see him back

Wouldn't even mind dropping Boston for Stanley, but Boston has been kicking a few goals lately and despite his low disposal count has actually played a good role.

Fire away.

Last edited:

Well, without an official injury list out, we're in the dark about Charlie.

Tom Nicholls is out for the season, so there's that.

OUT: J Hall, Nicholls, Harbrow

IN: Schade, Smith, Stanley

Harbrow needs to learn to dispose of the ball effectively, because he's a total liability. He won't get dropped though, because he and Rocket **** each other in the back room. J Hall omitted, and Nicholls out injured.

Stanley really needs a run in the 1s, and with Schade regaining confidence in the 2s last week, it proved that ol' Slim isn't injured or carrying a niggle - he was just lacking confidence.

Wouldn't even mind dropping Boston for Stanley, but Boston has been kicking a few goals lately and despite his low disposal count has actually played a good role.

Fire away.
Smith in for Nicholls (injured)
Stanley in for Martin (Concussion)
Broughton in for Boston.(omitted)

Think Josh Hall will survive, as will Russell and Shaw. In a normal world all would be dropped. Only fair to give Josh more than one game - and he wasn't the worst last week !
If Dicko doesn't come up he won't be replaced by 2MP given last NEAFL game...

To be honest, with where we are at, there's every chance josh hall stays in. Think Charlie will be out, Nichols is out, every chance Martin may not be up for it.. What's the rules on elevating rookies at this point in the year? Gorringe a maybe in if needed? Love to see downie in if the rules allow but with eades press conference it seemed maybe not.
Still banking on a big win.

Last edited:
No. Cant see it happening this week either, no matter how bad the Dons are travelling. We've just got too many injuries. If we win it will be the end of your coach, although that must surely be a given anyway. Sad end to a sad affair.
I enjoy when we get rid of other teams coaches. Happened with Brent Ratten but i would much rather it happen to James Hird.

Michael Whiting ‏@AFL_mikewhiting 12m12 minutes ago
Good news for @GoldCoastSUNS with Dixon, Nicholls and Martin all a chance to play @EssendonFC. Nicholls just a sprain to knee.
Thompson in for J. Hall at the very least.

Glenn, Broughton, Stanley and McKenzie should all play too.
You pop up at the best times. I love you haha.

I agree though, if Thompson gets up, then he should replace Hall. Schade is next in line, but with the NEAFL game leading to a possible finals appearance, I doubt it. I agree with Stanley and Broughton too, but I'll leave my opinions of Glenn and McKenzie out of this post because I'm honestly not sure either way.

I enjoy when we get rid of other teams coaches. Happened with Brent Ratten but i would much rather it happen to James Hird.
This would seriously be the best. Slaughtering Essendon by 70 points only for Hird to quit/get sacked would be hilarious.

Coming for the game, first home game I'll get to.. Wondering. Me and the wife have sunscreamer away membership, entitles us to sit with the cheer squad. If we wanted to sit elsewhere, could we? Also staying in surfers paradise, wondering what's the best way to get there using public transport?
You most definitely can sit elsewhere. Your membership will grant you entry to the ground, and you can sit either with the Sun Screamers behind our goals or anywhere in GA.

Despite having a reserved seat myself, I often drift up to the scoreboard end and find a GA seat up there. Different atmosphere and it's funny sledging opposition players and getting told off by fans (e.g. yelling "NICE HAIRCUT TEX, YA FLOG", and getting boos and "STUPID PLASTIC FAN" yelled back at me - lololololol). Plus, TARGETMAN is up there!

I'd recommend sitting anywhere in the GA area at the Suns end though (i.e. the closed end, facing the scoreboard/big screen). Lots of people sit there, so get there earlier, but you'll get a way better atmosphere and you'll be right in the middle of all the GC fans!

Best way to get to the game from Surfers is to catch the tram. Trams go north or south, so keeping in mind that the beach is to the east, catch the Broadbeach South tram south and get off at the final stop (Broadbeach South Station). Busses leave from there straight to the game. You'll see Bombers/Suns fans all walking in the direction you'll need to go - about 100m south of the station itself.

Similarly, on the way back, queue at one of the bus stops at Metricon that say Broadbeach South, which will take you back to the tram station to catch it back to Surfers. Or there is also a Surfers Paradise bus which drops you in Surfers, but I've never caught it so I have no idea of the actual drop-off point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Touk is a better player than just 9 touches.
Definitely, but his pressure was amazing. TBH I hadn't actually looked at stats (still recovering from the aneurysm I almost burst during the game lol), but I saw Touk everywhere. Like an energiser bunny, he just didn't stop. But he's definitely a better player than just 9

Our season finishes in 18 days , not much point in resting them up when they have a break around the corner.

The problem is..
If you play them when they're over done/fatigued Saad and Touk etc they are prone to injurys..
More likely to pick up a hamstring or calf injury
The last thing the Club wants is 2 of there top 5 players this year sitting out injured over there break and into Pre Season

Talk was Touk was going to be made a sub at some stage...probably getting to that stage now

Coming for the game, first home game I'll get to.. Wondering. Me and the wife have sunscreamer away membership, entitles us to sit with the cheer squad. If we wanted to sit elsewhere, could we? Also staying in surfers paradise, wondering what's the best way to get there using public transport?

I'm going to the game with a big group, so can't sit in my usual seats. If you want my Gold A seats, they're yours :)

I'm going to the game with a big group, so can't sit in my usual seats. If you want my Gold A seats, they're yours :)
Thanks for the offer, only ever been to metricon once to go to the club shop in like february last year, so not really sure where is the best spot to watch a game from.
when looking at a venue map, where is gold A reserve bays?
Had been considering paying for a seat upgrade, but as said wouldn't have a clue where is best.

Thanks for the offer, only ever been to metricon once to go to the club shop in like february last year, so not really sure where is the best spot to watch a game from.
when looking at a venue map, where is gold A reserve bays?
Had been considering paying for a seat upgrade, but as said wouldn't have a clue where is best.
Wherever you sit, Matchu will find you ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back