Preview RD 21 Geelong V GWS - GMHBA, Fri 6 August @ 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a fair call.
Peter Daicos sets the bar very high and rightly so. He was absolutely sublime.
I never really saw him when he played solely as a centreman, prior to injuring his knee for the first time.
He definitely played midfield minutes though whilst I was lucky enough to see him play, and as you say, he regularly toyed with our smaller defenders.
His creativity was only bettered by Ablett sr during their era; Daicos had as much pure skill as anyone, ever.

Fun fact: Daicos was bitten by a tiger snake while taking out his garbage.
His Mum later killed it. Gotta love those Macedonian Mumma's.

Last edited:
You been reduced to lurk liking these days Art Vandelay_ ?
Had time off. Came back saw the same repetitive nonsense* so have lost a lot of my appetite to contribute. Just the odd perusal and disengage.

* The same people making the same incorrect assertions that Kolo, Bews, Higgins should be dropped and foaming that Constable, Clark, Narkle aren’t getting games.

We have 2/3 not in this weeks team and 6-7 best 22 players out of the team. All will be depth come our QF. Some need to come to terms with Narkle and Clark especially are just that to us atm. Depth and injury cover.

Do people see Narkle's lack of defensive running live at the ground or on TV? I watch 100% of the games on TV and haven't ever really noticed it, but enough people have mentioned it for me to concede it's most likely a thing I've just missed.

Any examples?
It's always hard to tell on TV, because you've got no idea how far or how hard they've been running prior to them coming into shot. But there's been a few this year where's he been jogging as an opponent gets clear - Caleb Daniel's goal right at the end in the Dogs game comes to mind.

Early in the year you’ve got to bank wins with your best team because if you get too far behind you can’t manage games and workloads in the back half. We have that luxury now. I expect this is the last week we will be managing players. Next week will be some big ins.
I think the coaches have signalled pretty clearly that they see Narkle, Clark and Holmes as the group who will be immediate reserves for any midfield injuries during finals. With no VFL makes sense to give the other two a run.

I'll be interested to see how well we go without Smith, he has been extremely important to us this year and not having his run and nous for a goal around might hurt a little.

No Smith and Clark in... its like saying to the kid.... OK you want your chance , show us that you can do the role. He better be ready to get on his bike

I’m too busy watching the olympics to pay attention to team changes. I don’t even know what they are this week such is my disinterest.

will be back next week.

I cant keep up with all the new "sports" ... Who won the Gold Medal for twiddly winks? I think we have a good chance with the Chess team and Ballroom Dancing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay we get it, despite his inconsistencies you love Greene.
He is good, and one of the first we'll put work into.
Problem is, has a punchable head and a nasty record
so many people won't admit it.
I don't think anyone would turn a blind eye to some of Greene's antics but no denying he is a very talented player and has 'cleaned up' his act. In fact I have posted b4 that I wish we had a Toby.

If you want to get picky, Cameron broke Harris Andrews' jaw but is now playing for us. That wasn't very gentlemanly like, was it?

And OT, excited to see the next gen out there tonight!

I don't think anyone would turn a blind eye to some of Greene's antics but no denying he is a very talented player and has 'cleaned up' his act. In fact I have posted b4 that I wish we had a Toby.

If you want to get picky, Cameron broke Harris Andrews' jaw but is now playing for us. That wasn't very gentlemanly like, was it?

And OT, excited to see the next gen out there tonight!

On the behavioural aspect - Cameron has that isolated incident. Greene's history is littered with them.

He has been a tosser of the highest order. Very punchable.

But, I admit I have rarely watched him in the last year or two, and Vdubs tells me he's reformed. I'll have to watch more closely now to try and appreciate the new player.

I'll be interested to see how well we go without Smith, he has been extremely important to us this year and not having his run and nous for a goal around might hurt a little.
He might play yet.

Game day peeps

go Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back