Rd 21 Preview / Discussion (dedicated to JuddgementDay)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2331 this week takes me up 512 spots to 25,031. I seem to be the worst ranked on here … the worst still posting a score anyway :(

Having to field Setterfield and Answerth didn't help, but really bad scores from non-rookies, Taylor (35), Boak (45), Hurn (56), Cameron (55) and below average scores form Oliver, Marshall, Neale, Lloyd, Whitfield and Gawn were the killers. Looking at that I'm surprised I scored as much as I did.

Kelly is killing my overall rankings
I've lost count of how many weeks he has missed so far
He better come back this week and go bang 150+

Think it's been about 5 weeks, originally GWS said he would be out for 2-3 weeks so a lot of us owners decided to hold him in the hope he'd be back for finals.

Surely he comes back this week, GWS would want to get a couple of games under his belt going into finals you'd think but who knows with those campaigners.

This has always been my main gripe too. It's even worse than a cap though, it's a minimum as well. That means that players in a high class skilful game get their scores scaled down to fit into the 3300 total while players in an error-ridden mess of a game have their scores scaled up resulting in players who performed better in a skilful game getting less points than those who were just the best of a bad lot in the crap game.

Supposedly it's using the reasoning that it's in line with the idea that a team that wins a low standard game gets the same 4 premiership points as the team that wins a high standard match, but this is an entirely different contest where it's the performance of the player that counts as opposed to other players in the comp so that reasoning makes no sense.

Rant over.
I get what you're driving at, but the error-ridden mess might be due to it raining sideways vs perfect conditions in the other game, the higher overall score might be due to both teams being really poor in defensive aspects, stuff like that.
The players get a share of the 3,300 points in line with their contribution to the overall total based on the weightings.
Reckon it's better to normalize the total than the alternative, beauty is subjective at the end of the day.

Scored 2537, but used my last two trades in a bit of a panic to win my knockout.
Went Brouch and Jarrod Cameron to Macrae and Owies.

Prelim next week, against a very similar team.

Who wins out of:

1. Bontempelli, Duncan, Mrouch and Tom Stewart
vs
2. Treloar, Yeo, Taranto and Hurn

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get what you're driving at, but the error-ridden mess might be due to it raining sideways vs perfect conditions in the other game, the higher overall score might be due to both teams being really poor in defensive aspects, stuff like that.
The players get a share of the 3,300 points in line with their contribution to the overall total based on the weightings.
Reckon it's better to normalize the total than the alternative, beauty is subjective at the end of the day.
It seems to me that if scores are inflated in an error ridden mess due to the weather then players are being rewarded for failing to cope with or adjust to the conditions. If the attacks are that much on top of the defences then surely they should be scored appropriately. I'm also unsure if that scenario would lead to higher scores overall as the poor defence scores would probably offset the higher attacking ones.

In any case, the SC scoring is what it is and we should all try to make our team selections with an aim to taking full advantage of its many vagaries and failings.

After being beyond ****** for the past 72 hours I've got around to checking my SC scores...

It's also beyond ******.

2125 lmao :drunk::drunk::drunk:
Lost all my leagues and have now been kicked out of finals in all 8 leagues that I qualified in.

What's even better is I've copped injuries to Sloane and Jermey *head Cameron and Chol is looking likely to turn flaccid and be dropped.

This game is beyond a campaigner.

After being beyond ****** for the past 72 hours I've got around to checking my SC scores...

It's also beyond ******.

2125 lmao :drunk::drunk::drunk:
Lost all my leagues and have now been kicked out of finals in all 8 leagues that I qualified in.

What's even better is I've copped injuries to Sloane and Jermey fu**head Cameron and Chol is looking likely to turn flaccid and be dropped.

This game is beyond a campaigner.

Why would chol be dropped? Hope not he is my only fwd cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back