Rd 21 Preview / Discussion (dedicated to JuddgementDay)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Supercoach GRIM REAPER!!!!!
Where's the fun in that ?
August or "Back Door Month", is an accepted and longstanding tradition in Supercoach. Its part of the fun.

I once went from a chirpy and cocky 80th to 3000th or so in a single August frenzy of shytness **.
Once it happens a cpl of times you learn to embrace and indeed celebrate it. Its not every year we get the opportunity.

** Though I believe this may be nothing compared to the back door month Nelso is currently suffering :p

I'll probably post my score and overall rank here in the next day or 2.

I feel less embarrassed now after seeing Here2tellyouwhy score and overall ranking. 🤣

hawkermitch

Team Captain
May 5, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
How can I lose with a score of 2468 for round 21 the highest I've had...

Lost one league game to someone who scored 2538.

Happy when the 2nd last trade I used was to upgrade Dylan Clarke to Shane Edwards who was down approx. 100k from his
starting price.
A score of 152 helped a lot but what got me mad was if Hurn, Sheppard and Sloane could have avoided M Crouch
well the last 2 anyway and had poor scores as I was on track for a large score - hindsight, still happy I came close
to my goal of over 2500 in a round, based upon my history my score was in the higher ones for the round.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
I held Kelly for 3 weeks before swapping him for Treloar before last week (dropped a 177 bomb on debut)... should have done it much sooner would be ranked a lot higher given i was fielding Clarke

I wish I had that luxury, ran out of trades so I'm still stuck with Kelly and been relying on the bog ordinary combo of Setterfield and Clarke to fill in for him.

One of the reasons I've slipped about 2k in the rankings and got bundled out of finals in every league bar one.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne

Happy when the 2nd last trade I used was to upgrade Dylan Clarke to Shane Edwards who was down approx. 100k from his
starting price.

A score of 152 helped a lot but what got me mad was if Hurn, Sheppard and Sloane could have avoided M Crouch
well the last 2 anyway and had poor scores as I was on track for a large score - hindsight, still happy I came close
to my goal of over 2500 in a round, based upon my history my score was in the higher ones for the round.

You didn't happen to play leng jai bot in a league final on the weekend?

I held Kelly for 3 weeks before swapping him for Treloar before last week (dropped a 177 bomb on debut)... should have done it much sooner would be ranked a lot higher given i was fielding Clarke
If only they said 4-5 weeks, he would have been traded right away. But, it was said 2-3 weeks, even reported as 1-3 weeks
Darn GWS!

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
I'll probably post my score and overall rank here in the next day or 2.

I feel less embarrassed now after seeing Here2tellyouwhy score and overall ranking. 🤣

0827bc17dce8654ba4039d2c21a7d611.jpg

Not saying what I scored or where I'm ranked overall any more.

Let's just say I scored s**t and my overall is s**t.

PS.

I hate SuperCoach!!!!

Juddy, JM, the big Juddmeister…. Can I call you Juddy?

Now listen here, Juddman, I can see you’re down, can see you’re hurting.

You’re in an unfamiliar situation. You’re packing your bags for Thredbo at a time you’d normally be getting ready to smite minnows in league finals and put the frighteners on the front runners in the hunt for overall. This season might end up going out with a whimper, not a bang.

I feel your pain. The community feels your pain. The SC Gods feel your … yeah, nah, they’re laughing their heads off at campaigners like us. But nobody invites them around for a beer and they won’t be copping a Chrissie card any time soon, the mongrel dogs, so I digress, Juddster. Can I call you Juddster?

As one of the doyens of SC on this board, the Chuck Yeager of SC, the man who broke through the sound barrier when he introduced the world to the Roughy Maneuver, you, sir, are a standard bearer. You’ve got more SC talent in your pinkie than some folks have in their entire bodies. A trading savant, a spotter of talent par excellence, a lifelong fan of the colour ruby. (And not without reason, it must be said.)

And as we all know, JM: To whom much is given, from him much is expected.

There are young kids around here furtively eyeing off their first Single Roughie, crying out to push the envelope but unsure if they’re writing checks their bodies can’t cash.

And it’s to these kids who look up to you that you owe it to remain upbeat in the face of adversity, to take that s**t sandwich this year has served up, slam it down whole and scull a yardglass without skipping a beat. Those kids need to see that you just can’t beat the person who won’t give up.

Winners never quit, quitters never win and the standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

And the Juddy I know accepts nothing less than to put the foot to the floor and go hard to the finish line. The Juddy I know doesn’t let a couple of insignificant doughies get him down.

Your fundamentals are and have always been sound. You don’t stick at or near the top of the rankings from the word go year-in year-out without them. And the reality is that a huge factor in doing well overall is getting the starting squad right. Yes, it’s possible to mount a charge from further back, like 50k after 5 weeks, but only for a respectable finish, it’s highly unlikely that all the leaders fall over.

Apply a couple of tweaks to the formula by all means, hold back the odd trade, mix it up in pot and make it spicy with a dash of mid-price madness (enobrien is on the right track, here, I reckon – those 2-3 well-chosen midpricers can make all the difference, how much further beyond that you’re keen to go, you’ll see once we get a hold of next year’s prices). But don’t throw the bathwater out with the baby, Judd Dog.

I know you can do it. I know you will do it. Now get out there and bloody do it. Do it for frothies, do it for cashies, do it for quintuple Roughies, do it for Ruby.

This Public Service Announcement was brought to you by the letters V & B.

4tune8

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond

You’re in an unfamiliar situation. You’re packing your bags for Thredbo at a time you’d normally be getting ready to smite minnows in league finals and put the frighteners on the front runners in the hunt for overall. This season might end up going out with a whimper, not a bang.

I feel your pain. The community feels your pain. The SC Gods feel your … yeah, nah, they’re laughing their heads off at campaigners like us. But nobody invites them around for a beer and they won’t be copping a Chrissie card any time soon, the mongrel dogs, so I digress, Juddster. Can I call you Juddster?

As one of the doyens of SC on this board, the Chuck Yeager of SC, the man who broke through the sound barrier when he introduced the world to the Roughy Maneuver, you, sir, are a standard bearer. You’ve got more SC talent in your pinkie than some folks have in their entire bodies. A trading savant, a spotter of talent par excellence, a lifelong fan of the colour ruby. (And not without reason, it must be said.)

There are young kids around here furtively eyeing off their first Single Roughie, crying out to push the envelope but unsure if they’re writing checks their bodies can’t cash.

And it’s to these kids who look up to you that you owe it to remain upbeat in the face of adversity, to take that s**t sandwich this year has served up, slam it down whole and scull a yardglass without skipping a beat. Those kids need to see that you just can’t beat the person who won’t give up.

Winners never quit, quitters never win and the standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

And the Juddy I know accepts nothing less than to put the foot to the floor and go hard to the finish line. The Juddy I know doesn’t let a couple of insignificant doughies get him down.

Your fundamentals are and have always been sound. You don’t stick at or near the top of the rankings from the word go year-in year-out without them. And the reality is that a huge factor in doing well overall is getting the starting squad right. Yes, it’s possible to mount a charge from further back, like 50k after 5 weeks, but only for a respectable finish, it’s highly unlikely that all the leaders fall over.

Apply a couple of tweaks to the formula by all means, hold back the odd trade, mix it up in pot and make it spicy with a dash of mid-price madness (enobrien is on the right track, here, I reckon – those 2-3 well-chosen midpricers can make all the difference, how much further beyond that you’re keen to go, you’ll see once we get a hold of next year’s prices). But don’t throw the bathwater out with the baby, Judd Dog.

I know you can do it. I know you will do it. Now get out there and bloody do it. Do it for frothies, do it for cashies, do it for quintuple Roughies, do it for Ruby.

You Sir, are one funny mother*er

Mar 6, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Timberwolves

starting price.

You probably lost cause your opponent scored higher?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne

Inspirational! :'(

Copied to Post of the Year Nominations thread.

Well done - hats off to you good sir
You are a great writer & funny af
BTW - please write 2 more preview rounds

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
Anyone else considered tanking so that next season they can play in a lower BF league and appear better than they actually are ?

Oh right yeah nah me either hey .....
I was in Div 3 pulled some good scores and couldn’t even make the bottom 8 Dogsh1t Cup finals..... Div 16 is my proper home.

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Supercoach GRIM REAPER!!!!!

You're making me tear up man.

With a motivational speech like that how can I not get out of the doldrums and live to fight for another day?

You're making me tear up man.

With a motivational speech like that how can I not get out of the doldrums and live to fight for another day?
When I ever i get down I think of good things, like hookahs & coca cola.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back