Preview Rd 21 - Richmond v North Melbourne - MCG Saturday 7 August 4.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's a bit of an injoke for North fans. Phil Krakouer kicked a bag against Essendon in 1986, next year he went recruiting indigenous players and found Michael Long, after that Essendon were "the indigenous club" despite lots of other teams and players having done far more in that space to break down barriers.
He is/was the great self promoter. The Tiges themselves had had fairly good indigenous player's long before he started becoming the used car salesman for them.

I’ve heard a few whispers that Nank is potentially a late out. I’m currently building my multi - anyone have any information?
Did sit out the end of last weeks game after an awkward fall so wouldn’t be completely shocked given his injury history

There is no way the RCD has not seen the tapes of his lack of defensive running and say to himself why won't they play me, I think I'll go elsewhere. The coaches would be encouragingly telling him that if he fixes this part of his game up, then he will become a player.

It took Dane Swan four years before he played 21 games in a season, and they weren't as powerful a side as Richmond. I would say a lot of that was building up his tank. Dawkins reminds me a bit of Swan in that respect, big bodied mid with good speed. Big bodies, Jack Graham aside, take time to build their AFL fitness.
Yeah mate it's getting to me how quick some supporters on here can be to put a line through some of your young blokes. The difference in experience between playing 20 games and 50 -100 games at this level is massive. I think we should be more patient with them. RcD has done nothing but impress me since he ran on, he also hasn't had the luxury of being able to develop in a stable line up all year like a lot of other young blokes at other clubs and he will be a very very good player for us with a few more.preseasons under his belt... I have no doubt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah mate it's getting to me how quick some supporters on here can be to put a line through some of your young blokes. The difference in experience between playing 20 games and 50 -100 games at this level is massive. I think we should be more patient with them. RcD has done nothing but impress me since he ran on, he also hasn't had the luxury of being able to develop in a stable line up all year like a lot of other young blokes at other clubs and he will be a very very good player for us with a few more.preseasons under his belt... I have no doubt.
He is dominating the VFL every time he plays. The knock on him last year was that he doesn't get enough of it, some using his junior days as evidence. Now he gets 25-30 possessions every game. Now the knock on him is that he doesn't run defensively, well we can all agree on that. It's called fitness, some take longer and I think / hope he is one of those.

Jack Graham has been carrying that strong body since he was 15 years old. Worpell and a few of those big bodies mids do also. No surprise they have no problem adapting to the AFL tempo fitness wise. Melbourne's Oliver whilst a ball magnet could not run out games. The last two years only has he developed that, same with Petracca. Well they are 24 and 25 years old. RCD is 21 and has 2 years of crap Covid development to hamper his growth as well.

Last edited:
Nothing in it Toby should challenge if he gets a week, Dangerflog knocks out a bloke nothing...
Toby Green raised a forearm knowing very well what he was doing. Players know when they are about to be tackled as they get the ball and brace themselves by tucking up. Greene thrust a forearm and could easily done a Danger on Vlastuin but for missing by a few inches. His was even worse that Dangerfield's on Vlastuin because at least Dangers was in the heat of the play and he was running at full tilt. Greene knew exactly what he was doing, like he always does. Reflex action nah, Greene sees thing before they happen, that's why he is such a great player. He won't (shouldn't) be playing next week which is a good thing.

He is dominating the VFL every time he plays. The knock on him last year was that he doesn't get enough of it, some using his junior days as evidence. Now he gets 25-30 possessions every game. Now the knock on him is that he doesn't run defensively, well we can all agree on that. It's called fitness, some take longer and I think / hope he is one of those.

Jack Graham has been carrying that strong body since he was 15 years old. Worpell and a few of those big bodies mids do also. No surprise they have no problem adapting to the AFL tempo fitness wise. Melbourne's Oliver whilst a ball magnet could not run out games. The last two years only has he developed that, same with Petracca. Well they are 24 and 25 years old. RCD is 21 and has 2 years of crap Covid development to ****** his growth as well.
Yep. We want our young blokes to bulk up but don't understand the bio mechanics of carrying that extra weight around...it takes time to build a tank and even longer when you are adding more weight into the equation...

I'll never forget after that hit, dangerbitch kept looking at his elbow to see if it was alright!!! fu**in figjam
The thing that was truly reprehensible from dangerflog regarding that incident was that not once did he check on the welfare of the bloke he just smashed into next week...poor poor form especially from a bloke who is head of the players association. It says a lot about him as a person....

The thing that was truly reprehensible from dangerflog regarding that incident was that not once did he check on the welfare of the bloke he just smashed into next week...poor poor form especially from a bloke who is head of the players association. It says a lot about him as a person....
Mejores Prácticas Corporativas - ¿Sabes si es momento de contratar una agencia de marketing digital?

Couldn't agree more mate 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back