Preview Rd 21 v Essendon @ Etihad. 1:10pm Sunday

Remove this Banner Ad

Aaron "u-turn" hall....

Will trade for a bag of salt and vinegar chips.

I am at a loss to know what to do with him - I the team should have a leading teams / intervention session just for him and every player should let him know what they think of his play

Gutted to lose to such a hack outfit. Some interesting stats though today that were disregarded by the ******ed VIC media.

Essendon avg games 80 and avg age 25 1month
Gold Coast avg games 62 and avg age 23 6 month

Essendon had 15 players less than 100 games
Gold Coast had 19 players less than 100 games

That aside we got smashed in the midfield, didn't run defensively, not much pressure on the ball carrier and we used the ball horribly. We would have lost by 15 goals if Essendon had a forward line
Gold Coast had 25 more inside 50's if the Suns fwd line functioned they would have won by 10 goals.
Has a side ever lost before with 25 more inside 50's.
Just watched Eade press conference and l hope he was joking when he said there won't be any team changes. Currie, Sexton, Fiorini, Macpherson and Malcheski surely come in. Out: Joyce, Schofield, Grant, Brooksby, Davis.
If that team from today is not changed l'm going to go off.

Last edited:

Gold Coast had 25 more inside 50's if the Suns fwd line functioned they would have won by 10 goals.
Has a side ever lost before with 25 more inside 50's.
Just watched Eade press conference and l hope he was joking when he said there won't be any team changes. Currie, Sexton, Fiorini, Macpherson and Malcheski surely come in. Out: Joyce, Schofield, Grant, Brooksby, Davis.
If that team from today is not changed l'm going to go off.
Melbourne had 29 more inside 50s than the Eagles a few weeks ago yet lost by 6 points. Very rare though.

Fussed, but not super fussed.
Trying not to be a week-to-week over-reactor.
Pretty sure that we did not go from a promising young team getting by with with makeshift mids to a rabble in one week.

History is full of strange games at the end of the season between 2 teams out of the finals. Selfishness (tick), straying from the gameplan (tick) and a lack of defensive effort from a few players (tick) very likely at some point. Happened to us yesterday.

Has happened to plenty of players/teams in the past. Will happen again in the future since the players on a team are human.

Boys have also been up for multiple weeks, not that good a team that we can keep rolling out good performances week after week.

Otherwise:
  • Started slowly, which hurt. Needed to jump them and take some sting out, kept giving them a sniff.
  • A couple of 50m penalties for goals kept them in it.
  • We kept bombing long to a contest, which kept them in it.
  • Umps let a few blocks and grabs go on the key forwards at each end, which hurt us more than them.
  • We missed a few set shots when we did get them, which kept them in it.
  • Midfield was not defensive enough. Missed TomNich more than I thought we would. Brookers on the senior list was a mistake. Back to rookie list as a depth player next year.
  • Missed Sexton in the midfield since he works both ways (as a few have mentioned).
  • Saad a shell. That decision to play him against the Giants looks worse and worse.
  • Sam Day? Best role atm is insurance policy for 2MP leaving next year.
Anyway, looking forward to better games the next 2 weeks, hopefully with some Fiorini.

• Saad a shell. That decision to play him against the Giants looks worse and worse.

Looked like he had lost 5kg (don't know if he has just come off his fasting?), lacked zip and was very conscious of not extending himself by taking the opposition on.

Just needs to get confidence back in his body with a good pre-season.

Having watched the replay i feel we where out coached , Worsfold could see our strentgh in the forward line and flooded there backline and scored all the time on the counter attack , while we just constantly bombed into our forward line . Either Rocket could'nt change things up or we have some dumb footballers.

Having watched the replay i feel we where out coached , Worsfold could see our strentgh in the forward line and flooded there backline and scored all the time on the counter attack , while we just constantly bombed into our forward line . Either Rocket could'nt change things up or we have some dumb footballers.

That would have to be poor coaching as Essendon had the exact game plan last week against Geelong, which was more just to stem the bleeding but because of our lack of defensive pressure when they got the ball in the back half they were taking it coast to coast for goals.

Based on what Rocket said at the post match I would say it was a combination of dumb players and due to our lack of midfield numbers they were probably under instructions not to muck around with it and go long which has been our mantra over the last few weeks.

Aaron Hall would be leading the pack on the dumb footballer front. He is like the Swaggy P of football - has no conscious of where he is kicking it too and goes long even when there is no one there to get his meters gained up.

not to keep bashing Hall, but I will, as I have for a couple of years. As a "prime" mover he is very slow with decision making, is a 50-50 with skill execution (will nail it, or it will be a worm burner, or it will be skyed). Just frustrates the absolute bejeezus out of me because he plays with arrogance without the runs on the board.

How gracious of them :rolleyes:, with such a blatant error surely fines of getting dropped for a month are in order. In the end we shouldn't of been in that situation as we should of easily accounted for Essendon but what if that was a final and the umpires failed again as they were scared of the one sided crowds reaction

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would have to be poor coaching as Essendon had the exact game plan last week against Geelong, which was more just to stem the bleeding but because of our lack of defensive pressure when they got the ball in the back half they were taking it coast to coast for goals.

Based on what Rocket said at the post match I would say it was a combination of dumb players and due to our lack of midfield numbers they were probably under instructions not to muck around with it and go long which has been our mantra over the last few weeks.

Aaron Hall would be leading the pack on the dumb footballer front. He is like the Swaggy P of football - has no conscious of where he is kicking it too and goes long even when there is no one there to get his meters gained up.

Harbrow 1 of the dumbest.

I jumped on board the Suns to watch / support a new Queensland side grow, and we may be going through a very rough patch at the moment, but that's just part of the baptism by fire in my eyes. If the Suns managed to climb up the ranks and score a Grand Final win within five years of its inception, the truth is it wouldn't feel anywhere near as satisfying as going through this hardship, eventually reaching victory after a decade of painstaking work / past failure. These hardships will make victory all the more sweeter.

When St Kilda got their win in 1966, that was beautiful. That was poetry. When Fremantle get their much overdue victory, that'll be a time to be alive, too. The Hawks went through their hardship during the 90s, too - born in 1991, I grew up as a Hawks supporter and only knew them as garbage until they turned into the recent behemoth that they are now. Trust me, watching a team you grew up with suck for years suddenly turn good is one of the most satisfying feelings as a supporter.

Stick fat. It's worth it.

Nonetheless, the effort against Essendon was absolutely disgusting. No excuses for that. I honestly cringed something fierce watching the replay (we looked flat, the writing was on the wall in the first quarter as we kicked goals and nobody got around each other, absolutely no energy or passion for one another), and I really do hope we improve on that. We looked absolutely soulless and plastic. Essendon as an opponent deserve more respect than that (effort-wise and passion-wise). At least we paid the price by being absolutely embarrassed as a result (despite the small margin).

I jumped on board the Suns to watch / support a new Queensland side grow, and we may be going through a very rough patch at the moment, but that's just part of the baptism by fire in my eyes. If the Suns managed to climb up the ranks and score a Grand Final win within five years of its inception, the truth is it wouldn't feel anywhere near as satisfying as going through this hardship, eventually reaching victory after a decade of painstaking work / past failure. These hardships will make victory all the more sweeter.

When St Kilda got their win in 1966, that was beautiful. That was poetry. When Fremantle get their much overdue victory, that'll be a time to be alive, too. The Hawks went through their hardship during the 90s, too - born in 1991, I grew up as a Hawks supporter and only knew them as garbage until they turned into the recent behemoth that they are now. Trust me, watching a team you grew up with suck for years suddenly turn good is one of the most satisfying feelings as a supporter.

Stick fat. It's worth it.

Nonetheless, the effort against Essendon was absolutely disgusting. No excuses for that. I honestly cringed something fierce watching the replay (we looked flat, the writing was on the wall in the first quarter as we kicked goals and nobody got around each other, absolutely no energy or passion for one another), and I really do hope we improve on that. We looked absolutely soulless and plastic. Essendon as an opponent deserve more respect than that (effort-wise and passion-wise). At least we paid the price by being absolutely embarrassed as a result (despite the small margin).

Gold, jackenny!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back