Autopsy Rd 21 Young Blues take it right up to Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't be such a sensationalist. Please point out who exactly called him a pea heart and should never wear the jumper again?

His performances have been down on last year, where we were rightfully expecting incremental progression in his second year. Quite frankly comments pointing this out were warranted.

It was good to see him finally buck the trend, and have a meaningful impact on the weekend's game.
Poster's name removed because I'm sure they're embarrassed enough...
Stick a ******* fork in Jacob Weitering. That has to be the most peahearted performance I have ever seen by a Carlton backman. I've seen less skilled players cop a bath but never seen such a low effort performance in the 30+ years I've followed Carlton. There's absolutely no excuse for letting Cale Hooker run 15-20+ meters clear constantly. None at all. Had he kicked straight he'd have had 6+ goals today without breaking a sweat.
Saahh sensationalist.

View attachment 403413 View attachment 403414
Yep still here. Just been exploring the safari regions. Here is the usual:

2 interesting things from the graphic above

1. Weitering covers a lot of ground for a defender. As a 2nd year player this is very good development.

2. Boekhorst covered a lot of ground at high speed, however, only had 14 possessions for the game. This might infer that either/and:
- He is working hard to get to contests but is unable to gather possession due to losing out at the contest
- He is working hard to get in position to receive the ball as the next in a link, but may not be receiving the ball because his positioning was deemed by the ball carrier to be not advantageous or he does not call/demand the ball when in position

Last edited:

1. Weitering covers a lot of ground for a defender. As a 2nd year player this is very good development.

2. Boekhorst covered a lot of ground at high speed, however, only had 14 possessions for the game. This might infer that either/and:
- He is working hard to get to contests but is unable to gather possession due to losing out at the contest
- He is working hard to get in position to receive the ball as the next in a link, but may not be receiving the ball because his positioning was deemed by the ball carrier to be not advantageous or he does not call/demand the ball when in position
See Boekhorst covering alot of ground defensively, his pace to get back defensively is important at times. He may not gain a possession but he can run with the speedsters to stop them being used as an option which is just as important.

Or: Doesn't win much of his own ball

It's so refreshing to see nice things written about Weitering as opposed to him being called a pea heart and comments like he should never wear the Carlton jumper again. All is right with the world :thumbsu:

Yeah that crap is the domain of the dickheads on the Facebook page

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just listening to Maher's podcast.
Apparently only had 68% game time.

Many know that I have been a big critic of Boekhorst, but credit where credit is due, for limited TOG, he performed well and an elite disposal efficiency of near 93%

With only 3 CP of 14, just want to see that number raised a little, if he can do that, he could be a handy 20-26 player on the list

Yeah that crap is the domain of the dickheads on the Facebook page

In my case, I don't do Facebook, Twitter nor care to be influenced by others' opinions and have put forward my observations of Weitering.
I also 'feel' that some of those observations wouldn't have simply slipped by Bolton......I'm pretty sure of that.

Seems to me that we're pushing to develop a group-think that there's simply nothing wrong with Weiterings current game.
Some have even gone as far as to suggest that Bolton did the wrong thing by wanting to turn him into a forward. :)

I can't, nor care to speak for others, but I'm surprised that many don't see anything wrong with Weiterings current output.
Yes, he has injuries but so do many others. No excuse for not giving 100%. Cripps played for weeks with broken rubs.
Weitering also has a propensity to 'highlight' his injuries and that will have to be knocked out of him.

I think Weitering is better than he has been showing to date......like much better, so let's not set our standards too low by making excuses for him.

Many know that I have been a big critic of Boekhorst, but credit where credit is due, for limited TOG, he performed well and an elite disposal efficiency of near 93%

With only 3 CP of 14, just want to see that number raised a little, if he can do that, he could be a handy 20-26 player on the list

As far as I cared in April, Boekhorst could have packed his bags there and then.
That changed in June & July as efforts had clocked up significantly.
August has been O.K. at AFL level. Nothing great but just O.K. but it's the next phase that will test him and that's to become a regular contributor.
For him to do that, he won;t have to go into the talent cabinet.....He'll have to go upstairs for that.

As far as I cared in April, Boekhorst could have packed his bags there and then.
That changed in June & July as efforts had clocked up significantly.
August has been O.K. at AFL level. Nothing great but just O.K. but it's the next phase that will test him and that's to become a regular contributor.
For him to do that, he won;t have to go into the talent cabinet.....He'll have to go upstairs for that.

I was a fan of Boeky's skills but concerned he didn't get enough of the ball - which led me to think he can't read the play.

After 2 weeks of >30 possessions in the VFL I started to think "hey we may have something here".

He will only be getting a game at AFL level if he is doing what the coaches have been asking of him.

I also know from watching Kerridge that it takes 3-4 weeks for some players to get used to faster speed/tempo at AFL level - hope Boeky keeps getting games and keeps improving each week.

Another interesting stat from the weekend.

We scored 12 goals - who set them up?

Goal assists as follows:
3 x Wright
2 x Boekhurst
2 x Kerridge
1 x Murphy, Gibbs, Thomas and Casboult

Thing with Boeky is he's kicking his goal a week (though he carried on like Mussolini), and if he can turn that into a couple ........may turn out ok.

He's kinda sorta winning me over.
He and Lamb have obviously been worked hard and have developed AFL bodies, now just need the BB ruthlessness cemented in.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Anyone mention how solid Kerridge was?

May be a keeper.

Agree.

Reckon he's found a place as the run with tagger since Ed went down.

He covers a lot of ground out there, and is quick enough to find an opponent when they have the pill.

Granted his disposal can be utterly baffling at times, but he's getting it 25 times, and is laying tackles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back