Preview Rd 22 - Carlton v St Kilda Sat 17th Aug 1.45pm @ MCG - Team Post #237

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aug 30, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Expecting a good game Saturday fellas! Teague looks like he's got you playing some strong footy..

Wondering if under Teague you've been tagging much?

Billings got Curnow last time and was pretty well held after having great games vs Carlton in the past..
Ed or Jack depending on the matchup. Usually not until the second half if someone’s having an impact Teague wants to curtail.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
This time of year with teams not in the hunt anything can happen, you just don't know the mindset of the group as a whole, mentally they could already be in the Bahamas.

Think we were out of the hunt some time ago, yet the group seems to be finishing stronger

Blue and Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 29, 2018
On the glory road
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Everton
Big game for us actually. Need the win and good solid performance next week to go into PS with some momentum.
Patty’s 100 should be enough inspiration.
I think the boys will win but just no confidence still, even though we are the better team.
It takes time to get that belief and confidence back like the old days. But compared to 9 weeks ago its building.
I am now confident we cant be beaten, but we are still capable of losing.

Bamboo Harvester

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2018
Shark Bay
AFL Club
Carlton
Think we were out of the hunt some time ago, yet the group seems to be finishing stronger
This time last year, we'd just come off a 100+ point defeat from a GWS side with 17 players on the field, subsequent defeats by Dogs and Freo....and finished off with another 100+ point defeat by the Cows in the last round.

How things can change in the space of 12 months.....we've now got belief.

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sunderland,Pelicans, LA Kings
This time last year, we'd just come off a 100+ point defeat from a GWS side with 17 players on the field, subsequent defeats by Dogs and Freo....and finished off with another 100+ point defeat by the Cows in the last round.

How things can change in the space of 12 months.....we've now got belief.
To be fair Bamboo, the teams we put on the field were ordinary so the results were not surprising. They were still demoralising I’ll give you that. We’re back in the game now with a decent team that has its confidence back. And I’m pretty happy as no doubt so are you.

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Fair points but Obrien has at least been dropped. I reckon Fisher has been well below expectations this year and should have been dropped earlier in the year. Nothing wrong with giving someone a kick up the ass by dropping them.
Not making excuses but lets remember Fisher did have a cracked shin bone near end of last season.

I reckon this has contributed to his lack of confidence.

Educated guess only FWIW. I have no health knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back