Preview Rd 22 - Carlton v St Kilda Sat 17th Aug 1.45pm @ MCG - Team Post #237

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see 2 of Cripps, murphy, Curnow in the centre bounces with Walsh, Dow, Setterfield, SPS, Kennedy as the 3rd mid rotation. Looking at some stats posted by a bombers supporter (I think), it's basically Cripps, Murphy, Curnow and Walsh. Need to develop the other guys as well.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Dow needs to play 5 mins each qtr on the ball and the rest as a floating fwd. No point playing him and not exposing him to any centre work.

LOB needs to run the wings as he has been but involve himself more.

Fisher just needs to run and work harder and involve himself more.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk
Yep.

I didnt, I’m sick and bloody tired of losing to them. They most certainly have the wood on us much like norp and GWS

I want to win this one almost as much as I wanted to beat the Cows

I said almost

I think we’ve picked the best possible side to win.

Happy that Dow and Kennedy are in

Levi would have to go back you’d think

I might be in the minority but im glad Deluca held his spot. I think he has a decent role to play moving forward under Teague
Really want Kennedy to grab a game by the scruff of the neck. Love to see him kick a bag. Hope Dow has a good one also.

If anyone wants to watch Cripps first game.

Blues vs Melbourne Round 4 (2014)

I’ve been doing some calculations and a 1976-1977 type win against the Saints would be appreciated.

Round 19 1976. 101 point victory. Kicked 12.6 in the last quarter.

Round 3 1977. 107 point victory. We just smashed them all day.

Those were the days.

Last edited:
I think Weitering is good to take Membrey now. Jacob is in peak form and Membrey is most dangerous overhead.

Pull Levi back to go with Bruce. Gorilla vs gorilla.
Impossible to think that Plow is (a) trusted to and (b) actually does a solid job on Darling 2 weeks back but then isn’t trusted again on Membrey. He’s in good form Plow.

Certain to have first crack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Equally excited and nervous about today’s game tbh, which has the potential to be a real cracker imo, despite it having no bearing on the finals’ landscape. For our part, some major potential distractions to contend with this week, including Teaguey’s appointment and Daisy’s “retirement”, which could see our focus slip just a tad. If it does, then a reborn and hungry Saints outfit with an interim coach to play for could well pounce, especially seeing that Jones is added to our outs and we’ve struggled so badly against the Saints in recent years. Still, I’m happy with our ins and to be playing on the ‘G, and I’m backing us in to attack this challenge with everything we’ve got, firstly to underscore Teaguey’s appointment and the start of a genuine new era, and secondly to give Crippa and Daisy the team performance and result that they deserve in their 100th games. A professional and committed performance today, with 4 points to match, and next weekend we can head down the highway with a fearless attitude to take on the Cats, and to round out a rollercoaster of a season that should still end on a high. Go Blues!

Actually a pressure game today (if there is such a thing for a team 16th on the ladder at this point in a season).

If we don’t show up to play and get flogged (...it has happened a few times before if my memory serves me correctly) it will be a new low point (Sunday paper headlines: ‘wheels fall off teague train’ ‘coniglio says carlton his 19th choice club’ ‘blues fans torch ikon park’ ‘Ratten dodges bluellit’

So yes, I am hopeful that we can manufacture a win today.

Go blues.

There's some kind of bizarre irony in today's game....back in 2012 after he was sacked, Ratts coached his final game in that spiteful match against the Saints....now he's coaching the Saints.
And now Teague's first game as full time coach for us, coaching against Ratts.

Anyway, BH is heading up from Shark Bay to watch Daisy for the last time (won't be heading to Sleepy Hollow), and cheer the boys home.
Don't know what the weather is like up in the big smoke at the moment, but still pretty overcast down this way.

There's some kind of bizarre irony in today's game....back in 2012 after he was sacked, Ratts coached his final game in that spiteful match against the Saints....now he's coaching the Saints.
And now Teague's first game as full time coach for us, coaching against Ratts.

Anyway, BH is heading up from Shark Bay to watch Daisy for the last time (won't be heading to Sleepy Hollow), and cheer the boys home.
Don't know what the weather is like up in the big smoke at the moment, but still pretty overcast down this way.
Hope we get a win BH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back