Preview Rd 22 - Carlton v St Kilda Sat 17th Aug 1.45pm @ MCG - Team Post #237

Status
Not open for further replies.

SufferingS8INT

Club Legend
Dec 17, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
there also needs to be a team directive that if anyone is in a position to give Hannebery or Steven a working over, they do it.

Brilliant! You’re right, Hanners and Stuv are relatively new to the game so doubt they have ever copped attention from oppo before! 🤦‍♂️

Brilliant! You’re right, Hanners and Stuv are relatively new to the game so doubt they have ever copped attention from oppo before! 🤦‍♂️

Are you lost?

Burgers45

Witnessed 8 flags
Apr 1, 2011
Mornington Peninsula, Vic
AFL Club
Carlton
In. Tdk, Kennedy & Dow
Out. Jones, Lang & Fisher

Levi to defence. Tdk forward & relief ruck.

I'm glad that little pest Gresham is not playing for them. Ed to shutdown Steven.
Our best tall defender, Weiters to Membrey.

Love to beat this mob, which has a tragic history & whose supporters claim is a great club, yet have only won one flag in over 150 years, albeit, a lucky kick by Breen out of a pack, to dribble through for for a point for their only flag in over 150 years.

Let's show them a REAL club. Let's do it for Crippa and the other milestoners. Go Blues. ;)

Apr 4, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
As reported by Sarah Olle (foxsports) we did really well 2 weeks in a row to remain competitive against this years likely grand finalists.

A win this week and a competitive one against the handbaggers will be strong indications that we will climb the ladder rapidly next year and well and truely make the 8 the following year.

smashbox gill

Premiership Player
Jun 25, 2008
Donnie
AFL Club
Carlton
Not to many changes for me:

In: Kennedy & Dow
Out: Jones & Lang

Casboult goes back.
Harry, McGov, Kennedy the marking options up forward. Good balance.

TDK has been injured a lot this year, let him develop and introduce him next year.

This is a must win game, we are not just giving kids games anymore (I know tdk has been playing well for a few weeks)

Matty411

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Sad to say that Fish has been awful the last few weeks, and needs to earn his spot back or work on his forward craft over the PS.

I'd bring Lang (offered little) and Fish out, with Kennedy back and Cunningham for the last fortnight. Could bring Dow back if we want a third change, but I'd rather see O'Brien get another chance. He definitely didn't perfect in the wet.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Sad to say that Fish has been awful the last few weeks, and needs to earn his spot back or work on his forward craft over the PS.

I'd bring Lang (offered little) and Fish out, with Kennedy back and Cunningham for the last fortnight. Could bring Dow back if we want a third change, but I'd rather see O'Brien get another chance. He definitely didn't perfect in the wet.

Cuningham didn't play on he weekend did he? Wouldn't think he'd be fit enough to play AFL after on subpar game in the VFL in about 8 weeks

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
In: Cuningham, Garlett, Fasolo, Kennedy
Out: Jones, Lang, Gibbons, Fisher

B: Plowman----------------Casboult---------------Simpson

H: Thomas----------------Weitering---------------Newman

C: Setterfield---------------Cripps-----------------O'Brien

H: Cuningham-----------McGovern---------------SPS

F: Garlett------------------McKay----------------Fasolo

Foll: Kreuzer, Kennedy, Walsh

Bench: E.Curnow, Murphy, Silvagni, Deluca

Cuners won't play

Gibbons and Fisher won't be dropped

Doubt Faz will get a run

I would try Garlett for Lang

Last edited:

Macca43

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
In. Tdk, Kennedy & Dow
Out. Jones, Lang & Fisher

Levi to defence. Tdk forward & relief ruck.

I'm glad that little pest Gresham is not playing for them. Ed to shutdown Steven.
Our best tall defender, Weiters to Membrey.

Love to beat this mob, which has a tragic history & whose supporters claim is a great club, yet have only won one flag in over 150 years, albeit, a lucky kick by Breen out of a pack, to dribble through for for a point for their only flag in over 150 years.

Let's show them a REAL club. Let's do it for Crippa and the other milestoners. Go Blues. ;)

That is what I have been thinking as well, Casboult is a much better option back than Goddard and it gives us a chance to see what TDK can do.

Also agree on Lang out (for absolutely anyone TBH) and Dow seems the most logical.

I watched the game again last night and I didn't think Fisher was anywhere near as bad as people on here have been making out, when he was involved good things tended to happen. Strangely I would be happier to see De Luca out instead of Fisher if we want Kennedy in, De luca worked really hard but his disposals generally ended up with the Tigers and he should have ended up with 2 goals but didn't score at all.

CaptainCharisma

All Australian
Jun 23, 2011
Royal Parade
AFL Club
Carlton
A lot of people putting Cuningham in the Ins - do we know why he didn't play VFL last weekend?
I can't imagine him playing in either of the last two games at the minute with hardly any game time since the bye.

In - Dow, Kennedy
Out - Lang, Jones (inj)

Lang has had his chance, he's not offering much. May as well put a kid like Dow in even if he is out of position.
As others have mentioned, Casboult to float back as required. Harry, Kennedy, Gov up forward.

Sep 25, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
You can't blame them, they have monstered us in the past.

In the 00s it was 12-3, this decade it's 9-6. It's definitely evening up and it's likely you'll shoot straight past us.

Hopefully we won't be back to the old days. During the previous century we only won 30 and lost 190. 😅

I'm really looking forward to this week. It's arguable that you guys have more to play for. One more excellent effort should seal the job for Teague. And it may just sway Cogs to put pen to paper.

With Jones out I think we'll win, but i sure as hell aint confident. Finally, I'm hoping Rowe plays, it'd be nice to have a feelgood story instead of the usual negatives. It'd be fantastic to see both sets of supporters cheering a great club man.

Anyway, good luck baggers, let's hope it's a great game.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
In the 00s it was 12-3, this decade it's 9-6. It's definitely evening up and it's likely you'll shoot straight past us.

Hopefully we won't be back to the old days. During the previous century we only won 30 and lost 190. 😅

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this week. It's arguable that you guys have more to play for. One more excellent effort should seal the job for Teague. And it may just sway Cogs to put pen to paper.

With Jones out I think we'll win, but i sure as hell aint confident. Finally, I'm hoping Rowe plays, it'd be nice to have a feelgood story instead of the usual negatives. Good luck, baggers, let's hope it's a great game.

We have 15 more Flags! :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this week. It's arguable that you guys have more to play for. One more excellent effort should seal the job for Teague. And it may just sway Cogs to put pen to paper.

With Jones out I think we'll win, but i sure as hell aint confident. Finally, I'm hoping Rowe plays, it'd be nice to have a feelgood story instead of the usual negatives. It'd be fantastic to see both sets of supporters cheering a great club man.

Anyway, good luck baggers, let's hope it's a great game.

Will be a good test for where both sides are at, late in the season

Although, the result is not really an indication of what is to come for both sides.

Not disrespect to your young talent, guys like Gresham, Billings, Battle etc continue to show they can reach new levels, but I still prefer our youth moving forward

Hopefully it will be a cracker game

Sep 25, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
We have 15 more Flags! :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

C'mon Aph, you know i meant recent history...Just had to sneak that in there huh? 😝

Not disrespect to your young talent, guys like Gresham, Billings, Battle etc continue to show they can reach new levels, but I still prefer our youth moving forward

Hopefully it will be a cracker game

All good mate. The progress of Clark and Marshall this year has me seeing some light for the future. Hopefully, this time next year, both our clubs are fighting it out in the top half of the ladder.

earn his spot back? there's one game left in the season.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back