SPS Cripps O’Brien
Fisher McGovern Setterfield
Kennedy McKay Gibbons

Kreuzer Curnow Murphy

Walsh Silvagni Dow DeLuca

In : Kennedy Dow
Out : Jones Lang

Casboult back.
McKay can chop out Kreuzer, a run in the ruck will do him good and allow us a more mobile forward set up at times.

Simpson Casboult Plowman
Thomas Weitering Newman
SPS Cripps O’Brien
Fisher McGovern Setterfield
Kennedy McKay Gibbons

Kreuzer Curnow Murphy

Walsh Silvagni Dow DeLuca

In : Kennedy Dow
Out : Jones Lang

Casboult back.
McKay can chop out Kreuzer, a run in the ruck will do him good and allow us a more mobile forward set up at times.
I like the look of that team Red Bull. Cheers :thumbsu:

Like others, I'm thinking Jones & Lang out with Levi moving back.

Depending on structure and/or weather, the ins from De Koning, Kennedy, Dow, Stocker, Owies and Cuningham (bit of a hail mary considering how long he's been out now).

Not sure I'd want to bring in De Koning and Kennedy if Matt is going to play that medium-forward role.

Wouldn't mind getting a look at Stocker playing a mid/fwd role. Kicked a couple on the weekend and doesn't mind a bit of contact.

Dow appealing for his pace; I gather he had 20 or so on the weekend in the middle but seemingly almost all handballs, not sure how he'll fare if he comes back to play that hff/small forward role in the seniors which he clearly struggles with.

Owies maybe? Didn't appear to kick anything in the magoos last week though.

I thought he turned the corner last week, but O’Brien put in one of the worst performances of the year. Was really content to let his man have the best of him. Worrying.

Fisher and Lang the other obvious outs. Not sure who comes in tho.

Delist?

Casboult -> Backline

Jones -> Kennedy

Unpopular Choice

Lang -> Polson. I am just curious on how he plays under Teague. Going to get a lot of angry posters for this one.
And Polson named in the best in the vfl too...timely inclusion perhaps. (Not sure how he was named in the best but oh well)

On CPH1877 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Obrien stays in, sure was poor last week but his body of work over the last 6 weeks has been solid enough to keep him, plus we need his run when he is up and about.

Fisher - dropped, unlike Obrien, fisher hasn't had a good block of form all season, getting a game on what he can do and not what he has done. Give him the kick up the ass he should have got earlier in the season (we finally did it with Dow, do it with Fisher)

Lang - Pack his bags and send him on his way

Ins - Kennedy and Dow

Different standards for different players.
Has fisher been good? No
Has obrien been good? Not really. Just better than he was under bolts.

Difference is Obrien is being gifted games on a wing as part of the midfield rotation. Doesnt put his head over it, is terrified of physical contact and just doesnt find the ball often enough for that position.

Players like lang and fisher who are both natural midfielders are getting shitcanned playing in the toughest spot on the field in our team. Lang would offer more than obrien on the wing. It would be hard not to. 2 kicks in 3 1/2 qtrs of footy. Ive seen blokes get more kicks accidentally while trying to get to the bench.

Obrien stays in, sure was poor last week but his body of work over the last 6 weeks has been solid enough to keep him, plus we need his run when he is up and about.

Fisher - dropped, unlike Obrien, fisher hasn't had a good block of form all season, getting a game on what he can do and not what he has done. Give him the kick up the ass he should have got earlier in the season (we finally did it with Dow, do it with Fisher)

Lang - Pack his bags and send him on his way

Ins - Kennedy and Dow
Between round 5 and round 8 Fisher averaged 24.5 possessions 5.25 clearances and 2.75 tackles. Seems a pretty good block of form to me (especially after the first 4 rounds where he averages 20 touches, 4 clearances and 4 tackles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Between round 5 and round 8 Fisher averaged 24.5 possessions 5.25 clearances and 2.75 tackles. Seems a pretty good block of form to me (especially after the first 4 rounds where he averages 20 touches, 4 clearances and 4 tackles.
Fish is an out and out midfielder no doubt about it. My one criticism of teague is he's perhaps pushed him too far outside the midfield mix.

It's the perfect script, to get to our 7 win season.
Cripps' 100th game, Teague 1st Game as Coach and on the MCG against an arch nemesis in the Saints.
This is a must win game. Don't care about losing to Geelong.
This is the cherry on top for 2019.
Re: selections, we need 22 contributors. We can't carry players like Lang, LOB who barley get a touch and don't apply alot of forward pressure. My feeling is Kennedy & Dow (with more midfield minutes)

Different standards for different players.
Has fisher been good? No
Has obrien been good? Not really. Just better than he was under bolts.

Difference is Obrien is being gifted games on a wing as part of the midfield rotation. Doesnt put his head over it, is terrified of physical contact and just doesnt find the ball often enough for that position.

Players like lang and fisher who are both natural midfielders are getting s**tcanned playing in the toughest spot on the field in our team. Lang would offer more than obrien on the wing. It would be hard not to. 2 kicks in 3 1/2 qtrs of footy. Ive seen blokes get more kicks accidentally while trying to get to the bench.

Fair points but Obrien has at least been dropped. I reckon Fisher has been well below expectations this year and should have been dropped earlier in the year. Nothing wrong with giving someone a kick up the ass by dropping them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back