Preview Rd 22: Changes/prematch discussion vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m all for Ahern having a rest, but LDU had to come in. Been playing better footy than Hrovat and has a far higher ceiling. In a solid month of footy too. Yuck.

That fits the narrative since Sunday Presser where Scotts managed to bullshit through that, JZ managed to point out that we don’t expect players to all play to their best and then Scotts managing to get pats on the back for achieving 200 games of non GF/Flag.

We are managing very well

Move on

Harder to get out of this team than get in. Although Ben McKay may beg to differ. Frankly, I don't know why any of the blokes running around in the VFL wouldn't be asking their manager to look for a trade opportunity.

Yep. Hrovat gets rightfully dropped. Doesn't play in the VFL. And out of the blue he's back in as if he'll make any difference at all this week or any week in the future. Meanwhile blokes busting their arse all year in the VFL are stepped over. Not only that, they have a bye this week and won't be playing at all.

WTF is going on down there?!?!?!?

Yep. Hrovat gets rightfully dropped. Doesn't play in the VFL. And out of the blue he's back in as if he'll make any difference at all this week or any week in the future. Meanwhile blokes busting their arse all year in the VFL are stepped over. Not only that, they have a bye this week and won't be playing at all.

Confusing huh!

How does our 'number of players which played at least one game' compare to other clubs?

Must be the easiest job being one of Brad's favourites. If you're in the 'best 18' your performance is irrelevant to whether you play next week.
We're last by two players. Geelong have gotten games into nine more players than us this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hrovat has the 'traded in so gets a game when he really shouldn't' card.

I’m all for Ahern having a rest, but LDU had to come in. Been playing better footy than Hrovat and has a far higher ceiling. In a solid month of footy too. Yuck.
And he's actually a midfielder.

Hahahahahahaha and perfect timing to leak that LMac has earned a three-year contract before we've tied up Anderson and others who have stepped up this season. I'm towards the "always support the boys and the club knows best" side of every debate but today, I got nothing. Better bloody win or this is a colossal waste of a week in everyone's life.

How the **** does LDU not come in for Ahern if he's being dropped? That is absolutely mind blowing.
I've just "penned" a letter to Scotts and sent it to the club. In order for them to understand it I had to translate into a language they could understand. It reads

Dear Scotts,

Gobble Gobble * Gobble LDU Gobble Gobble Gobble Gobble Ahern Gobble Gobble's Gobble?

Gobble Gobble Gobble Gobble Gobble.

Regards,

Zondor

Brad you’re a ******* joke !!!!!! Piss off you are ******* this club over . You’re a stubborn piece of dung . Please can you just leave Nort Melbourne. This year . Honestly my cat could make better changes . I think you’re just doing to piss people off . Until you leave North will not be a great club again ..

While wholesale or selective punitive changes might appear to be a commensurate reaction to one game (albeit an important one for making finals) continuity, experience and resilience within the team is important if we're to do anything if we make them. I doubt Decs, BMac II or LDU will make a difference to our levels of competitiveness in finals.

So, as much as some players deserve to be dropped, and others promoted, I can understand the philosophy. The 'Chicken Little' stuff this week, including from experienced posters, seems a bit beyond the pale. If the team can bounce back after 100 point thrashings, they can bounce back after a seven point loss, even one as frustrating as this one.

That said, we sure picked a lousy time to give up glue sniffing...

Sniffing-Glue2.jpg

Prediction: Adelaide Oval and Eddie Betts' pocket by 11 points.

North Melbourne has made one change for its clash against Adelaide, with Nathan Hrovat into the 22.

Small-forward Nathan Hrovat returns, after missing the clash against the Bulldogs.

Hrovat will replace midfielder Paul Ahern, who will enjoy a rest after playing the last 10 games.

Ben McKay, Luke Davies-Uniacke and Declan Mountford will be the emergencies.
This is a ******* joke, any normal coach would have made at least 4 changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back