Unofficial Preview Rd 22 Geelong v Fremantle at KP.. does it even matter ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh for f$$& sake now on talking footy they are talking up hawks for the flag. Either parsons or hawk kick either of those shots back to the centre any body’s game. Bloody hell. Gaj kicks either of those shots in the third or we get any ass kicks or luck and they’re sunk. Any luck. None last two weeks. None against doggies either. But luck against the dees. 1 out of four.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Gotta make your own luck.

Of course it matters!
I’m as disappointed and confused as * about where we are at the moment but I sure as hell don’t wanna see the club roll over and give up while we’re still in the race.
How disgusting would that be? I know...next time we’re 5 goals down, let’s just walk off the ground as we can’t win, can we? No point trying really!
Dan Menzel is soft??!! Give me a break. He fought back from 4 knee reco’s. Anyone here done that? Thought not...
Chris Scott has no clue. Yeah, the triple premiership player and premiership coach surrounded by full time experts at a club that won 3 flags in 5 seasons just recently have not thought of EVERY possibility. Tried every approach.
This is a great place for us all to Monday night quarterback. I get that. But some of the arrogance on here is breathtaking!
If only the club monitored this page. Then they’d get some REAL understanding of what’s going on. Don’t listen to the coaches, the sports scientists , the psychologists, the dieticians, the bio-mechanics, the players, the family members who live, eat and breathe the minutiae and ramifications on a 24 hour basis.
I was gutted after the game, and felt there were some terrible moments and turnovers. I’m sure CS and his team will exhaustively find end explore those moments ad infinitum as they do every week.
As for me this week, I will suck up this loss, gird my loins and look forward to seeing the Cats put their best foot forward this week and dream of a miracle in much the same way Tigers and Bulldog fans did all those years ago...

Last edited:
We are a mediocre team. Need to take a risk with selection and change things up. Release the shackles. Kids are the future, play them Rd 1 2019 but for now I want to give 4-8yr players their last chance.

In: Smith, Taylor, Bews, GHS, Murdoch
Out: Stanley, O’Connor, Parsons, Fogarty, Narkle

Taylor CHF, Henry back, Danger permanent forward, Guthrie in the guts (last chance), Murdoch forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would we play the best midfielder in the competition forward permanently? Im so sick of this Danger forward crap, he had one good game where the sun shone out of his ass and hasn't done it again since, he isnt a forward hence why he won a ******* brownlow playing in the middle. Just have to look at what happens to our midfield when he goes forward to see the impact, we get smashed, leave him in the middle ffs.

Why would we play the best midfielder in the competition forward permanently? Im so sick of this Danger forward crap, he had one good game where the sun shone out of his ass and hasn't done it again since, he isnt a forward hence why he won a ******* brownlow playing in the middle. Just have to look at what happens to our midfield when he goes forward to see the impact, we get smashed, leave him in the middle ffs.
Can't like this enough. He's arguably the best mid in the comp. Leave him there.

Plus of course the fact that he actually has spent time up forward this year, but other clubs aren't stupid, and they're not as surprised this season. He played on Rance for 58 minutes the first time we played Richmond, for 4 possessions and 0 goals. Apparently kicking goals isn't so effortless when you've got top defenders on you.

He was recruited to help fix horrible midfield and clearance problems. Let him do that.

What’s there to lose though mate, when those players come into the AFL side they don’t get a kick anyway, if it works great.
If I doesn’t then so be it

I'm not sure I'd just be chucking him in to see what happens without stronger VFL form. Heck, JJ had a 5 goal game at VFL level last year and still didn't get a run.

Question is would you leaxe for saints for 50 to 100 more. Doubt it

Is there a difference between the Saints and Geelong? Both teams are not winning the flag so i'd happily put an extra 100k in my pocket. Its also about the security of a longer term contract, if they offer 2 years he will take it because we wont offer that, we have already stated that, thats why he was looking to leave last year. His injuries this year have done nothing to help his cause of getting 2 more years out of Geelong.

I do agree, but don't you think Danger being forward this year has made it easier for Tomahawk? Again, we need to look at the overall impact on the entire team, not just Danger's form in isolation. It takes 22 blokes.

Question is would you leaxe for saints for 50 to 100 more. Doubt it
He would of been delisted at the end of the year anyway.

And this will be backed up when Geelong do absolutely nothing to keep him.
Time to start clearing out the perpetually injured......starting with Menzel and McCarthy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

match committee consistently are 'too cute'. I don't mind O'Connor, but don't expose him to the MCG against the Hawks in a cut-throat match. That is just absurd. And i don't mind Parsons, but why select him when: 1) he has played poorly this year when he has played AFL, and; 2) when he has done very little to warrant selection in the VFL? The MC suffer from confirmation bias - they see the player they WANT to see, instead of the player that is actually there.
In: Thurlow, Cunico and Smith
Out: Parsons, Fogarty and Stanley

I know Guthrie has been horrendous, whilst Kolo and Menzel have been poor, but at their best, they are very good AFL players and we need them playing near their best if we are a chance, so we have no choice but to back them in.
Two big-wins, and you never know......

Because holistically, something is not working. We have 4 of the best mids in the comp, a gun FF and a good defence. Yet we are 9th. I’ll back our midfield to work without Danger and see if he can add some spunk to our forward line. It’s been Tomahawk or bust for too long. It’s not about Danger kicking 5 goals, it’s adding more potency to the forwards as a collective. Just try it for the remainder of the year. Like a role Chappy used to play.

I do agree, but don't you think Danger being forward this year has made it easier for Tomahawk? Again, we need to look at the overall impact on the entire team, not just Danger's form in isolation. It takes 22 blokes.
Biggest issue with Danger forward early this year was we were getting smashed at centre clearances so the ball wasn't even getting to him. That's now been corrected with Danger spending majority of his time mid, where we need him to actually do what he does best.

Danger as a forward is no good spoils is own team, runs into the space Hawkins leads into, it's all about him. Ablett is better as a forward. At least he is capable of making space for others.

Danger in the centre is a worry. We get cut up as his defensive running is atrocious.

I will lay odds that Zuthrie plays this week.
He’s another one of Scott’s little pets. He was in the best players last week.......so watch this space

Last edited:
Because holistically, something is not working. We have 4 of the best mids in the comp, a gun FF and a good defence. Yet we are 9th. I’ll back our midfield to work without Danger and see if he can add some spunk to our forward line. It’s been Tomahawk or bust for too long. It’s not about Danger kicking 5 goals, it’s adding more potency to the forwards as a collective. Just try it for the remainder of the year. Like a role Chappy used to play.

Our midfield has constantly failed without Danger in there, we dont have the 4 best mids in the comp at all your basing that on reputations from the past, maybe 3 years ago we could have classed it as that, Danger is a contested beast, Gaz is near the end and is one injury away from retirement, Selwood gets tagged out too easily by good taggers and Duncan has been woeful lately. If Danger isn't in there winning clearances then we don't win any, as has been stated he was bought in to fix a problem so let him do that otherwise we will continue to get smashed otherwise play him forward for most of the game and watch him kick 0 from 5 possessions like the Richmond game. And dont give me that garbage about him creating space for Hawkins, thats a load of BS, if anything Danger gets in the way, thats the midfielders mindset of see ball get ball.

Last edited:
Of course it matters!
I’m as disappointed and confused as **** about where we are at the moment but I sure as hell don’t wanna see the club roll over and give up while we’re still in the race.
How disgusting would that be? I know...next time we’re 5 goals down, let’s just walk off the ground as we can’t win, can we? No point trying really!
Dan Menzel is soft??!! Give me a break. He fought back from 4 knee reco’s. Anyone here done that? Thought not...
Chris Scott has no clue. Yeah, the triple premiership player and premiership coach surrounded by full time experts at a club that won 3 flags in 5 seasons just recently have not thought of EVERY possibility. Tried every approach.
This is a great place for us all to Monday night quarterback. I get that. But some of the arrogance on here is breathtaking!
If only the club monitored this page. Then they’d get some REAL understanding of what’s going on. Don’t listen to the coaches, the sports scientists , the psychologists, the dieticians, the bio-mechanics, the players, the family members who live, eat and breathe the minutiae and ramifications on a 24 hour basis.
I was gutted after the game, and felt there were some terrible moments and turnovers. I’m sure CS and his team will exhaustively find end explore those moments as infinitum as they do every week.
As for me this week, I will suck up this loss, gird my loins and look forward to seeing the Cats put their best foot forward this week and dream of a miracle in much the same way Tigers and Bulldog fans did all those years ago...
Brilliant post.

If St.Kilda offer any kind of reasonable draft picks for Menzel we should take the deal without thinking twice.
He’s unrestricted free agent so unfortunately no trade required. We could get a compensatory pick, depending on $$$, years on the deal, and if we gain any free agents, I would imagine a $300,000 3 year deal would be lucky to get us a 3rd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back