Game Day Rd 22 - Geelong V Saints - Sat Aug 14 2021- 435 pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henry has been close to All Australian this year. If he's makeshift then I'd love for us to pick up more makeshift players.
young Robert does like to get a litte over dramatic at times.

Hence Henry and makeshift..he should know better.

GO Catters

Those are outliers. More often than not it tanks your season.

We have a terrible record of "covering" for big losses in finals since 2011. Any time we've been missing a player of major significance to us (for either structural or quality reasons), we've lost.

2012: SJ missed Elimination Final (LOST)
2013: Enright missed Prelim due to injury; Chapman missed Prelim due to suspension; Simpson missed Prelim due to injury (LOST)
2014: Johnson missed Semi Final with injury; McIntosh injured in Qualifying Final and missed Semi Final (LOST)
2019: Hawkins missed Prelim due to suspension (LOST)

I could include others but these were all the biggest examples of missing players, and all of them have major effects on the eventual outcomes.
Semi final 1994.
Missing Michael Mansfield, Garry Hocking, Mark Bairstow and Paul Couch, against heavily favoured Carlton side, cats came out and blew them away..
I remember not even bothering to listen to that game as I thought we were roadkill. Let’s not underestimate our second tier guys.
I’m backing Zuthrie to morph into Stewart 2.0.

Our biggest weakness, save for the ruck, is key position defenders and they've just lost their shield. Will get ugly in finals.

We won't have the courage with ball movement with no Stewart. Chip, chip, chip will be worse than ever.

I assume Blicavs will go back now, he and Henderson are perfectly adequate as our KPDs.

Ball movement is what will be impacted most. We literally have nobody to replace what Stewart gives us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've done it and other teams have done it all without key players. Let's not completely throw the toys out in despair.

Oh wait, that's right it's big footy.

And the best part is that the melting began last night upon the news of him being out this week, and now on social media speculation

Be good if the melting could at least wait until we've seen an update from the club

I want to see that front half pressure we saw V Fremantle. Run down tackles from Close, Dahl, Simpson, Parfitt etc.

That is the barometer for Geelong.
I agree. The Stewart issue is bad for the finals.

But we haven't been sticking tackles. Parfitt is the barometer. They are slipping through his grasp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back