Autopsy Rd 22 Mighty Blues break losing streak vs Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Says a lot to me that this goal is being celebrated... surely a team's full forward should be kicking these with his eye's closed... surely it's not something worthy of being celebrated... the fact that it is...
Think we are celebrating the quick ball movement and the surgical precision of CC kick rather than the set shot from 20

One goal from an over the top of the pack and another via a 50mt penalty.
10 possessions can't compare with the impact Pickett had....surely.....

They couldn't could they?

I hope not.

I thought Ainsworth was stiff in Rd 15 when he kicked 4 goals and was overlooked for Blake Hardwick.

If they were to judge each game in isolation, then Pickett should get the nod, but when it gets closer to the end of the year the powers that be tend to give the nominations on the culmination of games when it gets harder to split.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Boy that McAvoy 50 against Wright was bullshit of the highest order... McAvoy did not take the mark cleanly, he fumbled it while moving backwards... Wright may have been a metre ahead of the mark but he was in the protected area when the mark was taken and he did not come from behind McAvoy. The umpire should have just said "back a metre" like the do in EVERY other situation like this... what a farce. Cost us a goal.

Boy that McAvoy 50 against Wright was bullshit of the highest order... McAvoy did not take the mark cleanly, he fumbled it while moving backwards... Wright may have been a metre ahead of the mark but he was in the protected area when the mark was taken and he did not come from behind McAvoy. The umpire should have just said "back a metre" like the do in EVERY other situation like this... what a farce. Cost us a goal.
On reflection though the 50s we got to Gibbs and Levi were very soft too( protected area??). Happy to call them square. Wrights one though he never took a step forward or sideways. Bizarre.

Meanwhile Hawthorn players were in the protected zone at least 3 times i counted
and were allowed to slowly jog through

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

On reflection though the 50s we got to Gibbs and Levi were very soft too( protected area??). Happy to call them square. Wrights one though he never took a step forward or sideways. Bizarre.
I can accept that the Gibbs 50 was, well, 50/50, but the Levi 50 against Burton at 16:48 in the third (I'm watching it now) was as there as you're ever going to see.

I'm a big fan, if you have the skill and the smarts it doesn't matter how tall you are.

Fisher just has that natural tenacity and exuberance, along with those skills and smarts. You can't just implant that into someone.

Doesn't seem to have the character that will lead him into places that would take him away from what he wants to do. He'll be around for some time yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can accept that the Gibbs 50 was, well, 50/50, but the Levi 50 against Burton at 16:48 in the third (I'm watching it now) was as there as you're ever going to see.
No debate that to the letter of the law it's there, but when they don't impact the play and not a late hit, I sometimes just cringe, in all games for all clubs.

I know they're worse than they were a year or so ago when they were amongst the comp's elite but I've always questioned why more teams haven't tried what we did with them.

They were very good themselves at dishing out crap and throwing teams off their game. They don't appear to like it when it comes back their way yet no teams ever really gave it a good crack.

The apprentice becomes the master?

I hope not.

I thought Ainsworth was stiff in Rd 15 when he kicked 4 goals and was overlooked for Blake Hardwick.

If they were to judge each game in isolation, then Pickett should get the nod, but when it gets closer to the end of the year the powers that be tend to give the nominations on the culmination of games when it gets harder to split.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pickett has attracted a lot of attention last couple of weeks. He is very exciting - I suspect he will get the nod this week

Lost my s**t in the Whitten bar when that happened

Meanwhile Hawthorn players were in the protected zone at least 3 times i counted
and were allowed to slowly jog through

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
There was one that actually hampered our ability to play on. Can't remember who it was, but our player with the mark turned sideways to play on and the Hawks player was in the way so he switched back in the other direction.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2017-08-21/mrp-preview-will-key-swan-finally-be-banned
Daisy might be in a little trouble. No more than a fine as far as I'm concerned, but the MRP are hard to predict. To me it looks like he thought the ball would drop loose in front of him and he was just going to soccer it forward in mid air. Around 3:32 for those wanting to look.

If you kick someone in the head and get a $1500 fine then a kick in the nads should be about the same you'd think.

Does Cornes know what winning his position looks like? Does Cornes know what conceding five free kicks - when you play backline - costs your team? Does Cornes recognise what the switch from defence to attack in the final term signifies?

Jesus ******* christ.

Next, they'll say we're playing petty football; never mind the fact that Hawthorn were celebrated for their 'unsociable' bullshit. We've never deliberately gone out there to injure someone; can the side we beat on the weekend say the same?

No need for the blasphemy mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back