- Sep 10, 2015
- AFL Club
When a win is 4 points and that’s all
(Please be warned: Self harm, family separation, and pregnancy loss discussed.)
Our midfield absorbed an absolute battering and prevailed. Take a bow Brayshaw, Serong, Brodie and Mundy.
Darcy was a tower of strength.
Pearce was awesome down back. Clark and Aish were excellent.
Up front, Lobb was an absolute liability tonight. One arm and a pea heart. So pissed he stayed on after an obvious injury.
You're right that Lobb was a liability but it's hardly the sign of a pea heart to play through what is obviously a significant injury, and it's not his fault that he stayed on, it's the fault of the coach.
Possibly the best way for Carltank to miss finals. I’m fine with it.Chief is a Carlton supporter, hence the huge server meltdown.
Possibly Mundy's best game of the year, so cool under pressure.
Darcy laying waste to Fatanui. Even Logue was decent on him.
Serong et al for laying it down when it kicked off
Forwards apart from Walters, particularly Lobb being a squib and the coaches not taking him off.
Not lowering the eyes to kick it short inside 50, instead just bombing it for an inevitable Barrass mark.
Carlton killing our (faint) top 4 hopes, but also killing their finals hopes. Double Agent Cerra is doing a great job.
- WC turn up with the most heat they have all year. It was fiery early but we put them back in their box
- We did what we needed to do, bad kicking aside we pretty much controlled the second half.
- Nice to start a bit of a streak against the scum
- Home final at the least locked in
- Gonna be a nervous watch for a few of the remaining games of the season with top 4 still on the line. With a couple games going against us already; we’re running out of chances but Swans/Pies, Pies/Blues, Melb/Bris and Swans/Saints still present opportunities.