Preview Rd 22 Roos v Sunrise

Remove this Banner Ad

G'day everyone,
just popping in to ask about your forward set-up for this weekend. Noticed that Durdin replaces Wood, is there any chance that he will play Wood's role? Port have 3 tall fwd's so im thinking probably not. is there any chance 1 of your defenders could roll forward, who would be most likely to?

But disappointed more changes didn't take place. It's the time you want a few fringe players to get a taste so they extra motivated during the long preseason.

Didn't like it last year when McKay wasn't given a go and don't like it now with Hosie not coming in. Drop Turner. We know what we are going to get with him. I would have given Murphy a go again down back - he was solid last year. Prefer him over JMac because again he's an unknown.

First thought - why no Hosie to see what he can do, especially if thereā€™s a prospect of Wood being gone next year?

Second thought - how much time will Jack spend forward?

Just because the 22 doesnā€™t change much doesnā€™t mean everyone does what they did last time. And Wood out Durdin in is a pretty weird swap, so Iā€™ll be interested to see what happens Saturday night and who goes where.

so the clear message is "play like s**t and we will let you redeem for it next week" this was the perfect chance for Shaw to stamp some authority over this group, I didn't care what the result was this week, I was looking forward to an expected standard being set, oh well, just more of the same I suppose, I seriously could not imagine Barassi, Pagan or any premiership coach being so soft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so the clear message is "play like s**t and we will let you redeem for it next week" this was the perfect chance for Shaw to stamp some authority over this group, I didn't care what the result was this week, I was looking forward to an expected standard being set, oh well, just more of the same I suppose, I seriously could not imagine Barassi, Pagan or any premiership coach being so soft.
Vfl got beat by like 100
Only ones to reward are Campbell and Hrovat, so do we drop our only goalkicker, or the captain? (For the record I'd drop Jack or Ahern, and find room for the rat.)

No point replacing poor performer with poor performer though, bringing someone in from a team that got beat by twice what the main squad did won't solve our problems.

I hope they got absolutely flogged at training.

Vfl got beat by like 100
Only ones to reward are Campbell and Hrovat, so do we drop our only goalkicker, or the captain? (For the record I'd drop Jack or Ahern, and find room for the rat.)

No point replacing poor performer with poor performer though, bringing someone in from a team that got beat by twice what the main squad did won't solve our problems.
That's no doubt the thinking. Rhyce will be picking what he considers the best team is to win this week.

Not at this stage of the season.

G'day everyone,
just popping in to ask about your forward set-up for this weekend. Noticed that Durdin replaces Wood, is there any chance that he will play Wood's role? Port have 3 tall fwd's so im thinking probably not. is there any chance 1 of your defenders could roll forward, who would be most likely to?

Hope so

Vfl got beat by like 100

it has nothing to do with solving problems but more to do with setting a standard, we have had 10 years of s**t performances to see the players backed in the following week, what about we say no more s**t performances

it has nothing to do with solving problems but more to do with setting a standard, we have had 10 years of s**t performances to see the players backed in the following week, what about we say no more s**t performances
Again,
Screenshot_20190815-205130.png
The only options are Campbell and rat. Goldy is better than Campbell.
I'd have brought rat in but maybe his papers are stamped.

I don't see how bringing anyone else in from the above sets a standard.
The players know how poor they were.

I like some of the changes, Thomas, Simpkin both in the middle. I'd really like to see Atley, Simpkin, Garner, Zurhaar, Thomas in the midfield, we need a dynamic group. We don't need to trade for any superstars, we got enough of them here but you got to have the vision to identify and envision them.

G'day everyone,

There is a chance but I don't think so. Mase is a medium size fwd (192cm) who plays tall. Durdin is 198cm. We have Larkey and Brown as key talls, and medium fwds Zurhaar, Thomas, Garner, plus Ziebell rests forward and so too could Cunnington who are all strong overhead and can play that role. So think we have the medium forward role pretty well covered. If anything, I think they push Ziebell into the forward line and try to get more midfield time into guys like Tarryn Thomas and Simpkin from a development perspective. Durdin is uncontracted for next season, and with Scotty Thompson retiring, they really need to get a good look at Durdin as his replacement. That said, there's Maj to come back, and McKay as well (who we'd have thought would have a fair bit of game time this year but hasn't). So think we really need to bed down another key defender and see Durdin playing that role. If not, the cupboard is pretty bare next year in those positions unless McKay suddenly produces consistently because he has been very hot and very cold at VFL level.

Again,
View attachment 727391
The only options are Campbell and rat. Goldy is better than Campbell.
I'd have brought rat in but maybe his papers are stamped.

I don't see how bringing anyone else in from the above sets a standard.
The players know how poor they were.
Then go back a week earlier. On a week by week basis shouldn't work the way it seems to work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back