Preview Rd 22 Roos v Sunrise

Moti

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
2 weeks to give a few players some exposure.

Crocker - surely with a bunch of other 1st round players in the Port forward line, he can be ok in the role;
Hosie - let's see what he can do, bye Garns;
McKay - Play him on Dixon, challenge him;
Xerri - Ruck could be real interesting in the coming months, I would play him alongside Goldy;

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Out - Turner, (putrid month of footy) Larkey (looking a bit tired, bum ticker, get him ready for 2020 2 weeks earlier). Could probably throw a couple more in. Really curious to see Shaw's response.

In - Hosie and Campbell. Reward for effort in the reserves.

Given I think Hrovats papers are stamped, I doubt he will play. But has had nearly 80 possies the last two weeks, if he is any chance for next year with Shaw, bring him in for Simpkin or Anderson and play him as a genuine rover (doubt this will happen as most would agree Hrovats future looks bleak)

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is a year of slim pickings. However, I’m clinging onto our performances against Richmond an Collingwood. Also, to a lesser degree, our games against WB and the Hawks bode well. Saturday needs to be erased from our memory banks, full stop. Hopefully, Shaw can learn from it. It’s really important that we bounce back this week on our home turf. It’s a big test.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Smoocher

Premiership Player
Feb 9, 2013
Sporting capital of the world
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Magpies
Need players in the backline that can actually chase and lay a tackle. Goals leaking every week to opposition small forwards.

OUT. AHERN as a backman. If they want to play him as a mid then Dumont has to go out.
IN. Anyone of Hosie, Durdin or McKay.

Need players in the backline that can actually chase and lay a tackle. Goals leaking every week to opposition small forwards.

OUT. AHERN as a backman. If they want to play him as a mid then Dumont has to go out.
IN. Anyone of Hosie, Durdin or McKay.

Our back line just kept the number 1 team to the lowest winning score for the round on their home turf , under conditions similar to Pearl Harbour!!

Ahern and Dumont had pretty good games IMHO.

I agree with all of your Ins , especially BMac and Hosie.

Out: Turner & Thomo(bashed)
In: Hosie & BMac

FWIW, I hope Thomo plays so I can watch him one more time but that egg on his head would put me out for a year!!!

I would seriously consider dropping one of Cunnington or Polec for Hrovat. Cunnington has been non existent in the middle and did nothing on the weekend as the senior midfielder to arrest or halt Geelongs dominance in the middle. He was witches hats. His mate Higgins was just as bad.
Polec himself turned over the footy at will we basically had no chance of winning.

Hrovat has been dropped numerous times, has gone back and played as a mid and I believe he deserves his chance. Find room for him.

Hosie for Ziebell too. He butchered the ball like no other and had one of the worst statistically poor games for a footballer this year. That’s an indictment on the football club.

We have serious, serious issues with our setup.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I would seriously consider dropping one of Cunnington or Polec for Hrovat. Cunnington has been non existent in the middle and did nothing on the weekend as the senior midfielder to arrest or halt Geelongs dominance in the middle. He was witches hats. His mate Higgins was just as bad.
Polec himself turned over the footy at will we basically had no chance of winning.

Hrovat has been dropped numerous times, has gone back and played as a mid and I believe he deserves his chance. Find room for him.

Hosie for Ziebell too. He butchered the ball like no other and had one of the worst statistically poor games for a footballer this year. That’s an indictment on the football club.

We have serious, serious issues with our setup.

Cunnington has to be carrying something. His dip in form was really sudden. Either that or the tagging rattled him.

Still our best mid though. We’d be slaughtered in the contest without him

Cunnington has to be carrying something. His dip in form was really sudden. Either that or the tagging rattled him.

Still our best mid though. We’d be slaughtered in the contest without him
I wonder if come post round 23 he’s booked in for surgery as he has been battling a broken hand since round 16, etc.

The irony is we’ve been getting slaughtered in the contest with him too

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I wonder if come post round 23 he’s booked in for surgery as he has been battling a broken hand since round 16, etc.

The irony is we’ve been getting slaughtered in the contest with him too

Could be just sore from carrying our midfield. Doesn’t seem himself though.

If he is carrying something then they should put him spell him now and get a jump on next year.

Could be just sore from carrying our midfield. Doesn’t seem himself though.

If he is carrying something then they should put him spell him now and get a jump on next year.
Possibly. It’s just been a massive fall from grace and we all keep waiting for the rebound.
Since BOG-ing round 16 against Collingwood with 37 disposals he has gone 24, 15, 21, 21, 21 and finally broke the duck and hit 30 on the weekend. Alarming drop dealing with a tag but the weekend was the first time he must have gone tag free since the Collingwood game. Not sure which is it.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hrovat deserves a call up and a run in the midfield.

Hell...............Matthew Larkin deserves a call up and a run in our midfield.
Yep. If he doesn't play this week then the decision on him has already been made and his VFL form to finish off matters not one bit

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
This match should actually be earmarked as an all out must win from the club's perspective.

Port are 5 straight against us.

The following North Melbourne players have never experienced beating Port Adelaide while playing in blue & white:

Marley Williams
Jed Anderson
Shaun Higgins
Taylor Garner
Jy Simpkin
Jared Polec (ahem)
Trent Dumont
Paul Ahern
Jasper Pittard (ahem)
Nick Larkey
Sam Durdin
Tarryn Thomas
Kayne Turner
Mason Wood
Cameron Zurhaar

Take out the Port recruits themselves plus any 1st year players and more than 50% of our current best 22 have never beaten Port Adelaide.

Note: the knock-on effect of upsetting them only to give * a free pass to stay in the 8 does disturb me too however

Long Live the King

Premiership Player
Feb 24, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Possibly. It’s just been a massive fall from grace and we all keep waiting for the rebound.
Since BOG-ing round 16 against Collingwood with 37 disposals he has gone 24, 15, 21, 21, 21 and finally broke the duck and hit 30 on the weekend. Alarming drop dealing with a tag but the weekend was the first time he must have gone tag free since the Collingwood game. Not sure which is it.
He doesn't handle a tag well...and the team doesnt do a great job protecting him.......and we invariably lose when he gets tagged.......something to work on preseason.

Back