Preview Rd 22 Roos v Sunrise

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Possibly. It’s just been a massive fall from grace and we all keep waiting for the rebound.
Since BOG-ing round 16 against Collingwood with 37 disposals he has gone 24, 15, 21, 21, 21 and finally broke the duck and hit 30 on the weekend. Alarming drop dealing with a tag but the weekend was the first time he must have gone tag free since the Collingwood game. Not sure which is it.

Mate the last few months have had some good times but this is one of those constants that just shits you.

Cunnington has a down game - who lifts?

Ben Brown gets double teamed even outside of the forward 50 arc - where the 'f are the other forwards?

Against Geelong we'd kick up the wing to an outnumbered Brown. Actually remember him jogging back to position at one point and 2 Geelong defenders unashamedly just jogged along with him, completely pawning our predictability and mocking our inability to switch targets.

In turn on the rare occasion when the ball went in long and fast past Brown - Geelong somehow raffled it off between 3 defenders just sitting in space without a North jumper to be seen.

Was like a 120 minute ****ing optical illusion.

This match should actually be earmarked as an all out must win from the club's perspective.

Port are 5 straight against us.

The following North Melbourne players have never experienced beating Port Adelaide while playing in blue & white:

Marley Williams
Jed Anderson
Shaun Higgins
Taylor Garner
Jy Simpkin
Jared Polec (ahem)
Trent Dumont
Paul Ahern
Jasper Pittard (ahem)
Nick Larkey
Sam Durdin
Tarryn Thomas
Kayne Turner
Mason Wood
Cameron Zurhaar

Take out the Port recruits themselves plus any 1st year players and more than 50% of our current best 22 have never beaten Port Adelaide.

Note: the knock-on effect of upsetting them only to give * a free pass to stay in the 8 does disturb me too however
Them, Geelong and * all have winning records against us that go back to 2016-14. We need to end the run.

I want revenge for this in 2008 costing us top 4. If we can end their season Saturday night beautiful

A3BF40BC-7EBE-4BA4-9AD0-267058F6A10B.png

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Them, Geelong and * all have winning records against us that go back to 2016-14. We need to end the run.

I want revenge for this in 2008 costing us top 4
View attachment 725717

11076645.jpg

In many years, you'll rock your grandchildren on your knees and reminisce "I was there that day when we dominated Port Adelaide for a quarter."

Note: that day was horrid. I was o/s and woke up figuring a home game against a bottom opponent from interstate was a mere formality to earn the reward of a top 4 spot and double chance.

Pulled the laptop out to start getting excited about finals and saw the reality. Nearly walked straight into the bath with it plugged in.

This club has been finding new and original ways to s**t the bed when things are looking up for 20 years and counting.

11076645.jpg

In many years, you'll rock your grandchildren on your knees and reminisce "I was there that day when we dominated Port Adelaide for a quarter."

Note: that day was horrid. I was o/s and woke up figuring a home game against a bottom opponent from interstate was a mere formality to earn the reward of a top 4 spot and double chance.

Pulled the laptop out to start getting excited about finals and saw the reality. Nearly walked straight into the bath with it plugged in.

This club has been finding new and original ways to s**t the bed when things are looking up for 20 years and counting.
It was Shannon’s 300th that day. Completely laid down for a club great in his milestone match and lost a free shot at a sore and wiltering Geelong who we pushed the week before and who barely fell across the line against St Kilda the week after.
Port had nothing to gain via draft pick or saving the coaches job by winning. Nothing.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
It was Shannon’s 300th that day. Completely laid down for a club great in his milestone match and lost a free shot at a sore and wiltering Geelong who we pushed the week before and who barely fell across the line against St Kilda the week after.
Port had nothing to gain via draft pick or saving the coaches job by winning. Nothing.

It's like from 2005 onwards they've paid us back with interest for all the s**t we'd put them through previously.

2005 - complete humiliation in a final on our home ground. A friggin docklands stadium final to boot!

2007 - complete humiliation in a final for Archer's last game in a season that had been resuscitated to a decent standard

2008 - the aforementioned Port have nothing to gain, get comprehensively embarrassed on our home deck and lose almost everything "dead rubber"

On top of that we gave them friggin Choppy who provided them with their first ever chance to belt out their moving "beer ad" sounding song after playing us.

I'm starting to wonder if someone at Arden Street made a devil's deal for 6 years of pleasure following by 16+ years of pain when it comes to Port Adelaide?

OW: (on Ryan Burton) He went really well today at training, he got up to his max speed that he needed to get to. It will be a decision for match committee as to whether he comes straight back into the team or through the SANFL #pafclive

OW: I'm playing with a guard (on his thumb) at the moment and will need to keep playing with it for the next few weeks #pafclive

OW: Zak trained today, I imagine he would be available for selection this week #pafclive

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Port will come into this game thinking it’s going to be a easy beat. That’s their downfall. Their mental strength. We will come out firing, I guarantee it

Couldn’t care less whether we win or not I want to see that brand of footy Shaw wants us to play. Tough and brutal

Us as supporters need to see some changes in the past 2 rounds, test something else out

Campbell on form 100% deserves to play for sure and if the Goldy rumours are true then let’s drop him.

Rat deserves a game in the middle. If Shaw is all about not gifting games and rewarding form then we need to see this happen. Sympkin can go back the VFL.

10 years is long enough to have players consistently been gifted games.

Shaw make your statement!!

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
I have read this thread and I totally understand the overall mood around here. Still, as a Port barracker, I am scared to death. I don't believe in us. I think this game has "deflating loss" written all over it.

We are coming from two dominant wins, one at the Docklands. Moreover, you all are coming from an absolutely ridiculous loss after an emotional win against Hawthorn in primetime on your 150th anniversary.

I hope I am wrong, but I don't see Port winning this...

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I have read this thread and I totally understand the overall mood around here. Still, as a Port barracker, I am scared to death. I don't believe in us. I think this game has "deflating loss" written all over it.

We are coming from two dominant wins, one at the Docklands. Moreover, you all are coming from an absolutely ridiculous loss after an emotional win against Hawthorn in primetime on your 150th anniversary.

I hope I am wrong, but I don't see Port winning this...

Ah, the old reverse psychology Gremio, good one 👍

I can't see us winning it. You have everything ( finals ) to play for and we have pride. Our recent record against you is poor, even at Marvel.

Believe me we would love to win;
a) to finish your season
b ) screw with Kochie 😀

But if you see our " Kerridge " thread someone you can't stand in your side will get hold of us and ( pardon the pun ) " tear us apart " ☺

We will either;
a) lead by 5 goals and lose
b) let you kick 7.3 in the 1st q and never look likely 😢

Good luck to you all the same.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
Ah, the old reverse psychology Gremio, good one 👍

I can't see us winning it. You have everything ( finals ) to play for and we have pride. Our recent record against you is poor, even at Marvel.

Believe me we would love to win;
a) to finish your season
b ) screw with Kochie 😀

But if you see our " Kerridge " thread someone you can't stand in your side will get hold of us and ( pardon the pun ) " tear us apart " ☺

We will either;
a) lead by 5 goals and lose
b) let you kick 7.3 in the 1st q and never look likely 😢

Good luck to you all the same.
I have written the same post on our board. It is not reverse psychology. It is actually my opinion! Besides, screwing with Kochie is always a good motive.

I still want to win, though. The issue is that Port is untrustworthy. It seems to be a case of the classic clash between the "moveable object" against the "stoppable force"! :p

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I have written the same post on our board. It is not reverse psychology. It is actually my opinion! Besides, screwing with Kochie is always a good motive.

I still want to win, though. The issue is that Port is untrustworthy. It seems to be a case of the classic clash between the "moveable object" against the "stoppable force"! :p

Put down Rockliffe for 35+
R. Gray for 30+ and 2
Rozee to show why is better than Walshe with 3 or 4
S. Gray to look like Charlie Cameron
Dixon to channel Lockett

You're overdue for finals, so I expect you guys to maintain the rage for the rest of the year.

Need players in the backline that can actually chase and lay a tackle. Goals leaking every week to opposition small forwards.

OUT. AHERN as a backman. If they want to play him as a mid then Dumont has to go out.
IN. Anyone of Hosie, Durdin or McKay.

Right, so it is the backlines fault we are leaking goals and not the witches hats aka our midfield and high forwards?
Mate the last few months have had some good times but this is one of those constants that just s**ts you.

Cunnington has a down game - who lifts?

Ben Brown gets double teamed even outside of the forward 50 arc - where the 'f are the other forwards?

Against Geelong we'd kick up the wing to an outnumbered Brown. Actually remember him jogging back to position at one point and 2 Geelong defenders unashamedly just jogged along with him, completely pawning our predictability and mocking our inability to switch targets.

In turn on the rare occasion when the ball went in long and fast past Brown - Geelong somehow raffled it off between 3 defenders just sitting in space without a North jumper to be seen.

Was like a 120 minute ****ing optical illusion.

This but it's simple KC and it's work rate. The reason they didn't kick a big score is because most of our blokes were behind the ball most of the game. They were either lazy or gassed. I'm going with the latter for this week.

Yeah I understand that Port have been predictably unpredictable but I think that has changed recently and credit to Hinkley for dropping senior players for big games, that took balls, something our previous coach never had and hoping our new one does.

I think we are gassed as a team. Big year for us and emotionally draining, we spent our last chips against the Hawke for our 150th.

I think we'll put up a fight but your mob by 25.

Last edited:

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Be funny if we did get you and the brownlow votes went:
3, Polec
2. Pittard
1. Chamberlain 😂

Back