Preview Rd 22 Roos v Sunrise

Apr 3, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Again,
View attachment 727391
The only options are Campbell and rat. Goldy is better than Campbell.
I'd have brought rat in but maybe his papers are stamped.

I don't see how bringing anyone else in from the above sets a standard.
The players know how poor they were.

again, I don't care if we run down to Doveton seconds and pick a player to wear North's colours on Saturday, all the players have heard is "we will continue to let you play like s**t and you'll hold your spot for next week" 10 years of this s**t is enough, we kicked 1 friggin goal.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Then go back a week earlier. On a week by week basis shouldn't work the way it seems to work.
If we went back a week earlier the firsts got a good win and none should be dropped.

If we don’t go back a week we reward players who failed at a lower level with undeserved promotion. Why is that the message to send?

Some rot being talked this week about Shaw.

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
again, I don't care if we run down to Doveton second and pick a player to wear North's colours on Saturday, all the players have heard is "we will continue to let you play like s**t and you'll hold your spot for next week" 10 years of this s**t is enough, we kicked 1 friggin goal.
I can understand where you come from I would have loved nothing more than out:15 footballers in:15 footballers but I can equally understand that this is the best fit squad we have available bar Mase. I just don't see how rewarding players who played badly in the VFL by giving them a chance to play badly in the AFL is any better than expecting the AFL players to do better.

If we dump Hosie at the end of the year, we should be banned from the next mid season draft and the SANFL club we stole him from should get our 5th round pick at the national draft.
Who said we are dumping him? Quite the opposite.

again, I don't care if we run down to Doveton seconds and pick a player to wear North's colours on Saturday, all the players have heard is "we will continue to let you play like s**t and you'll hold your spot for next week" 10 years of this s**t is enough, we kicked 1 friggin goal.
so you'd like to see no goals kicked?

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
There is a chance but I don't think so. Mase is a medium size fwd (192cm) who plays tall. Durdin is 198cm. We have Larkey and Brown as key talls, and medium fwds Zurhaar, Thomas, Garner, plus Ziebell rests forward and so too could Cunnington who are all strong overhead and can play that role. So think we have the medium forward role pretty well covered. If anything, I think they push Ziebell into the forward line and try to get more midfield time into guys like Tarryn Thomas and Simpkin from a development perspective. Durdin is uncontracted for next season, and with Scotty Thompson retiring, they really need to get a good look at Durdin as his replacement. That said, there's Maj to come back, and McKay as well (who we'd have thought would have a fair bit of game time this year but hasn't). So think we really need to bed down another key defender and see Durdin playing that role. If not, the cupboard is pretty bare next year in those positions unless McKay suddenly produces consistently because he has been very hot and very cold at VFL level.

thanks for this. much appreciated mate. Good luck, I hope Ziebell kicks a few.

Our field umpires for this week are;
21 Simon Meredith
22 Nathan Williamson
27 Cameron Dore
EM 13 Nicholas Brown

Razor Ray has the Adelaide v Collingwood game.
I will place a bet on the Pies on the strength of that, Gil will have told Razor that a Collingwood win is good for business surely

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
Vfl got beat by like 100
Only ones to reward are Campbell and Hrovat, so do we drop our only goalkicker, or the captain? (For the record I'd drop Jack or Ahern, and find room for the rat.)

No point replacing poor performer with poor performer though, bringing someone in from a team that got beat by twice what the main squad did won't solve our problems.

I hope they got absolutely flogged at training.
Just to clarify... you’d like our captain Jack Ziebell dropped & replaced by Nathan Hrovat?

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
If you're going to make a statement, might as well go big ay
7564A3C0-E806-441D-9DCA-644CFE427BED.jpeg

Injury list, VFL performance and Thompson’s final game in Melbourne meant no statement was going to be made.

Also Wood played forward last week. We had 30 inside 50s? Butchered every second kick that went forward and yet we drop our third tall?

Honestly if I was Mason I would go up to all three of Jack, Higgo and Polec and tell them spare me the bullshit sentiment about being dropped.
And to jag the support and not bother about coming to watch me play Sunday.
He was the sacrificial lamb that wouldn’t rock the group.

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Look I mean, what else is there to do? He's had a shocking few weeks, hrovats the only one worth bringing in...

Maybe try, I dunno, just making necessary changes?

If we want to reward vfl form and denounce AFL poor performance then from a clinical perspective that's the choice. I'd do it cos it's round 22 and why the * not, he is probably scheduled for surgery the day after the deez game, but I guess that's why I'm not a coach lol

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
FMD - is Bard back in charge of selection?

Kick 1 goal for a match with a midfield that is beaten to a pulp.

Answer - drop Wood!

It's all gone pear shaped very quickly for us - Shaw now showing he wont take any chances at selection even though we are bottom 6 with no chance of doing anything and seniors players who are just going through the motions.

He is sticking fat with the old names like Bard did. There is 2 weeks to go in a debacle of a season - FFS play some kids!

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't get it we dropped wood?
Unfortunately our VFL was so s**t that only Hrovat and Campbell were half decent, Hrovat could have been given a go in the middle i guess and Campbell should be tried as a KPD just for the sake of it.

Better not see this minimal changes s**t happen too often.

Bombers dropped 5 after their crap.

Back