Autopsy Rd 22 Suns vs Essendon @ Metricon - Sat 19th

Remove this Banner Ad

Lyons clearly wasnt ready last week, put him on ice and get him ready for a big 2018.
The 3 Omissions are pretty spot on I reckon. Glad Sexton has been given a bit of a reality check. Lemmens lucky he got injured or he would be gone too. Scrim and Bowes are cooked but 1st year players so cant expect anything too much.

Have we ever won a game with Keegan Brooksby playing? serous question.

Lyons clearly wasnt ready last week, put him on ice and get him ready for a big 2018.
The 3 Omissions are pretty spot on I reckon. Glad Sexton has been given a bit of a reality check. Lemmens lucky he got injured or he would be gone too. Scrim and Bowes are cooked but 1st year players so cant expect anything too much.

Have we ever won a game with Keegan Brooksby playing? serous question.
Once in 2015

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joel Wilkinson FFS and now Brooksby FFS, he looked like a ******* ****** in China
Give him a break - was pulled out of a promotion tent 5 minutes before the game started in China. (Thanks to Tissue Thompson).
Has been chucked around all over the place at A level .
Strikes me as a club player. Been a good leader at NEAFL level.
I'd keep him as a depth player - but will he want to stay ?

Joel Wilkinson FFS and now Brooksby FFS, he looked like a ******* ****** in China
Sorry Thurls - I'm going you again.. .
Just looked at stats for the China match . Brooksby had 19 disposals took 8 marks ranked 9th in stats. Lots of name players contributed a lot less.
Given circumstances outlined in my last post - think you've been a bit harsh.
And before you ask - I don't even know the guy ... just think he gives honest effort ...

Last edited:
Sorry Thurls - I'm going you again.. .
Just looked at stats for the China match . Brooksby had 19 disposals took 8 marks ranked 9th in stats. Lots of name players contributed a lot less.
Given circumstances outlined in my last post - think you've been a bit harsh.
And before you ask - I don't even know the guy ... just think he gives honest effort ...
The stats lie, he was shocking in that game watched him butcher it and give up a s**t load of goals and opportunities he and Leslie were atrocious. He may be a great leader and may be a gun at NEAFL level but he was horrible up there - It was one of those games where you write a bloke off from wanting him to play in the ones ever again. Now I felt the same way about Leslie when many were backing him and he has definitely proved me wrong in a big way

All this time I've been wondering why we can't keep our young talent at the club and now I know why. Will Brodie has been dominant at NEAFL level all year but yet still can't even get an emergency place behind Brad Scheer who had 7 disposals in the NEAFL last week. Why on earth would a Victorian top 10 pick want to stay here when he's not even getting a look in when he has been putting in 25+ disposal performances week in week out and isn't even being considered?

On a positive note, I think Max Spencer has been excellent and a great find. Reckon he has the potential to be a 150+ game full back. Also very happy to see Fiorini back in the side and hope the club can lock him down long term before he comes out of contract next year.

All this time I've been wondering why we can't keep our young talent at the club and now I know why. Will Brodie has been dominant at NEAFL level all year but yet still can't even get an emergency place behind Brad Scheer who had 7 disposals in the NEAFL last week. Why on earth would a Victorian top 10 pick want to stay here when he's not even getting a look in when he has been putting in 25+ disposal performances week in week out and isn't even being considered?

On a positive note, I think Max Spencer has been excellent and a great find. Reckon he has the potential to be a 150+ game full back. Also very happy to see Fiorini back in the side and hope the club can lock him down long term before he comes out of contract next year.
Give him time, If anything it will hurt players by playing them to early and ruining them Prestia and JOM's body's were ruined by too many early games. These kids are getting tired it's why Bowes and Scrimshaw were omitted and replaced by Hallahan and Lonergan. They would all be under programs of how much game time they should get. I wouldn't take much note of who is emergency as well.

The stats lie, he was shocking in that game watched him butcher it and give up a s**t load of goals and opportunities he and Leslie were atrocious. He may be a great leader and may be a gun at NEAFL level but he was horrible up there - It was one of those games where you write a bloke off from wanting him to play in the ones ever again. Now I felt the same way about Leslie when many were backing him and he has definitely proved me wrong in a big way
Maybe Brooksby can impress you this weekend - his type get fleeting opportunities to impress.

Last edited:
Those outs from Essendon give us half a chance tbh.

Nah they're good outs.

Colyer, Watson have been useless. Begley & Bird are far better options like for like.

Dea & Howlett are VFL players & won't play again.

Hurley's a big out, but he needed a rest & Lynch isn't there.

All things being equal, this is a better side than the one that played Adelaide.

Watch us struggle to get it done now.:p

Nah they're good outs.

Colyer, Watson have been useless. Begley & Bird are far better options like for like.

Dea & Howlett are VFL players & won't play again.

Hurley's a big out, but he needed a rest & Lynch isn't there.

All things being equal, this is a better side than the one that played Adelaide.

Watch us struggle to get it done now.:p

Bird is better than a brownlow medalist ? thats like saying Jared Grant is better than Gary Ablett.

Questions need to be asked about Rischitelli , cant get back into a team that is a rabble , has now played 8 games back from injury and is no where near his old form , i know it takes some players time to get back but i would of thought where we are at he would be in by now . Still think he will be given a extension next year but needs a big pre season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back